Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes... I did say "still very anime", didn't I? However, he has two character traits instead of one, and he pulls off the "morally gray" thing better than the relevant characters who are supposed to be morally gray. Plus, he's old. Like, something around 30 years old, fucking ancient. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it, but I think plotwise he may be my favorite character in Fates, just because he's not as obscenely bad as everyone else.

...With the exception of Izana, but that's only because I find Izana's one character trait to be wonderful.

I’m pretty sure that’s still pretty anime. Although I guess that was the point. I love you equate being less “obscenely bad” with being less anime. Wonderful!

My vote would go to Arthur because he makes me think of a cartoon character, but I’m not an expert.

Oh. Right. Yeah, that is pretty cool, I suppose. Blame that mishap on my complete lack of interest in Zelda.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even being a rickety old man by anime standards doesn't save you. I mean, heck, being a rickety old man period isn't enough. You can marry Gunter, after all.

Actually, it does. In any other game, the rickety old sensei-kun would die I think. But only Gunter is in that position.

And I’m still not an expert, but he’s the closest thing to the dad character in this one other than the one that (sorta) dies offscreen and the one who is already an antagonist and therefore must die.

.....why do I sound like a closet anime fan when I say “I’m still not an expert?”

And have to deal with Joycon drift because my pro controller can't do motion shenanigans? Fuck that.

You don’t have to use motion controls. That is my plan.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

There's a control scheme you can use that is exclusively buttons.

Didn't the entire game revolve around motion controls, though? I know they were divisive back in the day, but I'm wondering if this wouldn't take away what made the game unique and interesting.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But hey, at least she's awesome in Mario Strikers. And Waluigi's too, actually. Everyone's awesome in Mario Strikers. They should make another Mario Strikers.

Yes, please!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Didn't the entire game revolve around motion controls, though? I know they were divisive back in the day, but I'm wondering if this wouldn't take away what made the game unique and interesting.

It was, but I don't think it will change the game all that much.

If anything, the motion controls were such an annoying gimmick, I'm glad they were made to be optional.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I’m pretty sure that’s still pretty anime. Although I guess that was the point.

I've said it three times, Sooks!

I love you equate being less “obscenely bad” with being less anime. Wonderful!

Okay, in my own defense, I was using "anime" there in a joking manner. I was hoping it'd be obvious enough.

My vote would go to Arthur because he makes me think of a cartoon character, but I’m not an expert.

I loved Arthur too, actually. His voice actor was obviously having so much fun. Every time he did that cheesy "hahahahaHAAAAH" laugh I couldn't help but join in.

Me, every time somebody says something even slightly negative about Berwick Saga.

Actually, it does. In any other game, the rickety old sensei-kun would die I think. But only Gunter is in that position.

Well, we were talking about being saved from anime blushing and marriage with protag-kun, a fate neither Shura nor Gunter are spared from.

I mean, in Conquest, anyway. Gunter does "die" in Birthright because no one goes to pick him up from Plot Device Land, and in Revelations... Actually, what even is his role in Revelations? I remember reading about it and being thoroughly confused.

And I’m still not an expert, but he’s the closest thing to the dad character in this one other than the one that (sorta) dies offscreen and the one who is already an antagonist and therefore must die.

Yes, they crammed every "anime old man" cliche into Gunter.

...And they still found a way to make him marriable, which is... All sorts of wrong, but also impressive, in a way.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It was, but I don't think it will change the game all that much.

If anything, the motion controls were such an annoying gimmick, I'm glad they were made to be optional.

Right... Well, I suppose I can keep an eye on the game, see if it interests me more than the others. Don't expect it to be very likely, though. The only Zelda game that ever caught my eye was Majora's Mask.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, they crammed every "anime old man" cliche into Gunter.

...And they still found a way to make him marriable, which is... All sorts of wrong, but also impressive, in a way.

The end of the CG where he says "Marry me" is still creepy.

No joke, just truth.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, in my own defense, I was using "anime" there in a joking manner. I was hoping it'd be obvious enough.

Yes I know.

I loved Arthur too, actually. His voice actor was obviously having so much fun. Every time he did that cheesy "hahahahaHAAAAH" laugh I couldn't help but join in.

Yeah, too bad he can’t kill anything and everything kills him.

Me, every time somebody says something even slightly negative about Berwick Saga.

I like my SRPGs with characters that can hit, thank you very much.

Well, we were talking about being saved from anime blushing and marriage with protag-kun, a fate neither Shura nor Gunter are spared from.

Maybe that is a fate worse than death.

I mean, in Conquest, anyway. Gunter does "die" in Birthright because no one goes to pick him up from Plot Device Land, and in Revelations... Actually, what even is his role in Revelations? I remember reading about it and being thoroughly confused.

He gets possessed by the evil dragon and gets team Corrin ambushed by tricking them.

Right... Well, I suppose I can keep an eye on the game, see if it interests me more than the others. Don't expect it to be very likely, though. The only Zelda game that ever caught my eye was Majora's Mask.

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Mangadex down
>Discord down

lml9itm.png

Clearly it is time to reject anime. Go and watch American storage auction reality shows instead. Or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like my SRPGs with characters that can hit, thank you very much.

Yeah, that seems to be the immediate reaction of a lot of people. An understandable one. Berwick Saga is not for everyone.

Some are worthier of life than others.

He gets possessed by the evil dragon and gets team Corrin ambushed by tricking them.

Doesn't he get killed, but then in the cutscene he's still alive and rejoins Corrin because... they're actually really nice and he no longer hates their guts? Something like that?

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

I mean, I played Majora when I was like, 12, for about 15 minutes, then I got lost and gave up. If that's enough to be one of yous...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile in CK2...

American storage auction reality shows instead

W-what...?

Yeah, that seems to be the immediate reaction of a lot of people. An understandable one. Berwick Saga is not for everyone.

Oh, how reasonable and understanding of you. I’m glad you can respect my opinion that totally wasn’t a joke, as what are these but just video games? Things to unite us on the internet because they bring us joy, so it really is okay to not enjoy one or the other. I’m glad you understand—

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Some are worthier of life than others.

So close. 

Doesn't he get killed, but then in the cutscene he's still alive and rejoins Corrin because... they're actually really nice and he no longer hates their guts? Something like that?

It’s one of those you defeat him in battle but he didn’t actually die. Then he’s not possessed anymore because the power of friendship or something, iirc.

I mean, I played Majora when I was like, 12, for about 15 minutes, then I got lost and gave up. If that's enough to be one of yous...

My first Zelda I myself dropped after 15 minutes and didn’t touch for quite a while. And I didn’t even start with the best one.

Just now, Sooks said:

W-what...?

You know, those shitty reality shows where people buy lockers and then pretend that there's any stakes to the investment and that it totally isn't staged? I don't know, my father loves them. Or, well, more to the point, he loves to fall asleep while they're on.

Speaking of, American reality shows in Spain are weird. There's this one dubbing team that has a monopoly on them, and they're so incompetent they're recognizable by their badness. You can still hear the original voices, they just lower the volume and speak over it, and they have like 3 male actors, 2 female actors, 1 kid and 1 old man, and they do all of the voices. All of them. Every old man in every American reality show sounds the exact same in Spain. I can only hope the guy gets a good paycheck for his efforts...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, how reasonable and understanding of you. I’m glad you can respect my opinion that totally wasn’t a joke, as what are these but just video games? Things to unite us on the internet because they bring us joy, so it really is okay to not enjoy one or the other. I’m glad you understand—

Haha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is, “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line” - but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never expect Ruben to respect negative opinions on Berwick Saga”!

It’s one of those you defeat him in battle but he didn’t actually die. Then he’s not possessed anymore because the power of friendship or something, iirc.

Good. Excellent. Fates/10 writing.

My first Zelda I myself dropped after 15 minutes and didn’t touch for quite a while. And I didn’t even start with the best one.

But was it like 12 years before you actually got into the series?

48 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

RIP Mangadex.

Their website was hacked overnight, accounts were compromised, and there's no guarantee of it returning.

F

Shit. That place was honestly the most reliable place to read manga.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Berwick Saga more like Badwick Saga hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahaahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha GOTTEM

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, those shitty reality shows where people buy lockers and then pretend that there's any stakes to the investment and that it totally isn't staged? I don't know, my father loves them. Or, well, more to the point, he loves to fall asleep while they're on.

No. There are way more interesting reality shows so I have never heard of that.

Speaking of, American reality shows in Spain are weird. There's this one dubbing team that has a monopoly on them, and they're so incompetent they're recognizable by their badness. You can still hear the original voices, they just lower the volume and speak over it, and they have like 3 male actors, 2 female actors, 1 kid and 1 old man, and they do all of the voices. All of them. Every old man in every American reality show sounds the exact same in Spain. I can only hope the guy gets a good paycheck for his efforts...

Why would they prioritize a storage auction reality show when all of America’s reality shows are at their disposal?? Just dub CNN in Spanish.

Why don’t they hire more people? They seem like they would have a lot of money if they have a monopoly.

Haha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is, “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line” - but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never expect Ruben to respect negative opinions on Berwick Saga”!

What if it’s me not liking that one map you referred to as a stinker? dXgbKXR.jpg

Good. Excellent. Fates/10 writing.

Okay, this scene is actually funnier by virtue of being so cringe-y it’s kind of hilarious. It’s so... Fates. Completely with Azura singing while standing completely still.

But was it like 12 years before you actually got into the series?

I don’t remember.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Berwick Saga more like Badwick Saga hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahaahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha GOTTEM

You...!

Xenoblade, more like, uh... Weenieblade! Who's laughing now, huh?! Who's laughing now!?

...Probably still you, that pun was lame. I'm no good at puns. I need to get @The Roger The Paladin on the case.

But at least the women in Berwick Saga wear pants! There we go, I win.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why would they prioritize a storage auction reality show when all of America’s reality shows are at their disposal?? Just dub CNN in Spanish.

I've no idea.

Why don’t they hire more people? They seem like they would have a lot of money if they have a monopoly.

I've no idea.

Okay, this scene is actually funnier by virtue of being so cringe-y it’s kind of hilarious

Again: Fates/10 writing.

Also, now that I've watched the scene... I like how they get healers to save Gunter, but not, say, Lilith. Guess nobody cares about Lilith, then.

What if it’s me not liking that one map you referred to as a stinker? 

Turning my own opinions against me?!

Gah! I've been defeated...! Lord Kaga... Please forgive me...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Xenoblade, more like, uh... Weenieblade! Who's laughing now, huh?! Who's laughing now!?

...Probably still you, that pun was lame. I'm no good at puns. I need to get @The Roger The Paladin on the case.

Xenoblade more like Xenobleh. Easy mode.

Turning my own opinions against me?!

Gah! I've been defeated...! Lord Kaga... Please forgive me...

Wait! Join our side, don’t Camus. I will surround you with characters that wear pants because I benched everyone who doesn’t.

After being inspired by a stream, I'm gonna try a randomized pokemon firered nuzlocke!

My name? Logg. And my rival will be Z U C C.

EDIT: I can start with Fire pokemon Venomoth, Steel pokemon Catterpie or bug pokemon Quagsire!

It is time to acquire the sire.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

After being inspired by a stream, I'm gonna try a randomized pokemon firered nuzlocke!

My name? Logg. And my rival will be Z U C C.

Have you played Pokémon before? What’s your knowledge like?

Xenoblade more like Xenobleh. Easy mode.

Goddamnit, how didn't I come up with that...

Wait! Join our side, don’t Camus. I will surround you with characters that wear pants because I benched everyone who doesn’t.

Ahahahahahahah... Okay, that's amazing.

By the way, Kaga did your joke scenario first. Except instead of pants it's just women in general, and instead of me it's The Roger The Paladin. Not to be confused by the Serenes user, who named his account after the TRS character.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Image is broken on my end, but I've googled the character based on the URL.

...Pants and no fanservice holes anywhere to be seen on her clothes? A badass coat? A cool hat? A color scheme that doesn't make my eyes bleed?

Wait, this doesn't make any sense! I actually like this design! Did I google the wrong character...?

...In all seriousness, she's a villain, isn't she? She's such a far cry from every single other Xenoblade design I've seen, there's just no way she's not a villain.

Just now, Sooks said:

Have you played Pokémon before? What’s your knowledge like?

It's a game where you capture prisoners of war and... hit other people's prisoners of war!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahahahahah... Okay, that's amazing.

Unit gained!

But don’t you like bad units? Oh no...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

By the way, Kaga did your joke scenario first. Except instead of pants it's just women in general, and instead of me it's The Roger The Paladin. Not to be confused by the Serenes user, who named his account after the TRS character.

I actually knew that. 😎

Wait I thought he was a knight?

...In all seriousness, she's a villain, isn't she? She's such a far cry from every single other Xenoblade design I've seen, there's just no way she's not a villain.

56Bzf8K.jpg