Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And considering the rest of Mira is bizarre is so many ways, a place that is normal, actually isn't so normal anymore in a sense.

You have a point there.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ordinary people live blissful, ordinary lives in the most peculiar of places, which is a wee bit absurd.

An NPC in the Mystical Gardens does talk about this. Non-Mirans are weirded out by everything that happens on Mira but the locals, that's just how life's always been. 

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I wonder if I’m spending my time properly in maddening mode. I’m afraid of my units not being up to par and getting curbstomped. I haven’t really focused on skills too, that will be for when I get to intermediate classes I think.

Edited by Sooks

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

Thing with FoW in mainline FE is that I can count on one hand the amount of maps that it enhances, in my opinion.

Which maps are those?

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Which maps are those?

Let's see...

• FE6 chapter 9. It adds pressure, but this chapter's overall lack of high-mobility enemies, the player likely having access to a good combat thief in Astore who can light up a lot of areas and the fog being used to make the player advance with thought make it a memorable one for me.
  • FE8 chapter 6. I like how you have to rush into danger with this one in order to get the side objectives. I'm not a fan of the cavs from behind, (IIRC there's a halberd too) but otherwise, this one's pretty solid and is quite tricky without being mean.
  • FE8 chapter...21, I think. Maybe 20. Anyways, the defense one. The FoW adds to the difficulty, but doesn't feel totally unfair.
  • FE10...3-6, I think? It adds a lot to the tension, but due to the lack of enemy fliers and whatnot, as well as the allied units, it doesn't feel totally unfair. This map is punishing but fun and one of the high points of RD to me.
Edited by Benice

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If I didn't actually knew, would make it sound you're talking of XCX's Mira...

My brain if Xenoblade had the Coccolith's "broken mirror" trick.:

giphy.gif

It'd be a fun, if super-difficult to properly implement, optional filter. Fun for all of 10 seconds.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If I didn't actually knew, would make it sound you're talking of XCX's Mira...

I'd like to think that Monolith Soft used the name Mira exclusively for weird-as-fuck settings.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE10...3-6, I think? It adds a lot to the tension, but due to the lack of enemy fliers and whatnot, as well as the allied units, it doesn't feel totally unfair. This map is punishing but fun and one of the high points of RD to me.

Is this the Dawn Bridage one against the Laguz?

I kinda didn't like it if only because the Dawn Brigade are very squishy. Though of course, the terrain slows down enemies and also Black Knight.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is this the Dawn Bridage one against the Laguz?

Yeh.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

kinda didn't like it if only because the Dawn Brigade are very squishy. Though of course, the terrain slows down enemies and also Black Knight.

I had Aran on my side! No Laguz could stop me!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

He died in like three hits.

*I had god Aran on my side! He survived when Nailah couldn't!

ECLIPSE NINJA'D ME BEFORE I COULD TALK ABOUT HOW IT'S ACTUALLY STARFISH AND NOT STORKS WHO DELIVER BABIES

NOOOOO~

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nintendo should take notes and make this their official relationship. And give Daisy some actual relevance while they're at it. C'mon, she's not Waluigi.

8 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I love how that big grin at the end was part of the original scene.

Of course Looney Tunes does take place in the US, so Bugs was probably committing jaywalking or something and deserved being run over.

Oh, it's a reference. Good to know.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Thanks. I thought you didn’t even like Three Houses to begin with though. Why play maddening?

I dunno about him, obviously, but in my case, I tried maddening in hopes that existent difficulty would increase the amount of fun I got out of the game. I actually went ahead and finished my initial run, which I'd dropped in the final chapter, so I could have New Game +. And, hey, against all odds, it worked! I rather enjoyed myself!

...You know, until chapter 13 happened. Plus, in retrospect I realized that I basically just solo'd every single map with Catherine and Shamir because they were the only units that could do anything, until they were no longer available and the game became impossible. So... Meh.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I thought they were well on their way to getting rid of it entirely. Awakening didn't have it, Fates didn't have it, Echoes didn't have it but that's a remake, and Three Houses suddenly has it now.

Well, wouldn't be the best game in the series without the best mechanic in the series, amirite?

It's funny, because IntSys actually has used Berwick Saga's good FoW... in the final title of Advance Wars. And they never implemented it in FE. The inner machinations of IntSys's mind are an enigma...

I just noticed the "do you think sex is real?" thread on the front page, and I was going to post about the time I was walking back home from the school bus stop. Right as I was getting close, I encountered two dogs getting all lovey-dovey, with a third watching. In the middle of the road. A car arrived and stopped dead in its tracks at the sight. Started honking the horn at them like crazy, but they were undeterred. Eventually he just moved to the other lane and passed them. It was the funniest shit ever.

Unfortunately, the thread was locked, so I was unable to relate such a riveting experience. A shame.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just noticed the "do you think sex is real?" thread on the front page, and I was going to post about the time I was walking back home from the school bus stop. Right as I was getting close, I encountered two dogs getting all lovey-dovey, with a third watching. In the middle of the road. A car arrived and stopped dead in its tracks at the sight. Started honking the horn at them like crazy, but they were undeterred. Eventually he just moved to the other lane and passed them. It was the funniest shit ever.

Unfortunately, the thread was locked, so I was unable to relate such a riveting experience. A shame.

Don’t worry, my post covered it for you.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t worry, my post covered it for you.

I mean, yeah, but your post didn't cover three dogs having a threesome in the middle of the road and forcing a guy to stop and honk at them, did it?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'd like to think that Monolith Soft used the name Mira exclusively for weird-as-fuck settings.

Looking at Wikipedia, Mira is Latin meaning "wonderful, astonishing", from which English would get the word "miracle" and like words in Latin-based/influenced languages.

As a star, Mira pulsates, this greatly affects its brightness, and the result is that you can't always easily see it from Earth. Perhaps Monolith was inspired by that for the dimensional instability of Mira.

Of the handful of stars with old Latin/Arabic names, Mira also happens to be one of only three in BK whose names are derived from stars in the constellation Cetus, the second location with a Cetus name you have not reached yet, and the third is the game's title itself.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

ECLIPSE NINJA'D ME BEFORE I COULD TALK ABOUT HOW IT'S ACTUALLY STARFISH AND NOT STORKS WHO DELIVER BABIES

NOOOOO~

I was trying to think of something witty for that topic, but couldn't.

And why would starfish deliver babies? A cartoon reference. Starfish are a little better know for a few species being able to generate entirely new bodies from a single cut-off limb, thus multiplying asexually.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

When I read "Legend of Heroes" for some reason I thought of League of Legends and was like "that's odd, I didn't think anyone here would have any interest in that."

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When I read "Legend of Heroes" for some reason I thought of League of Legends and was like "that's odd, I didn't think anyone here would have any interest in that."

Please i used to be a Dota elitist. Still the game with the most recorded play time on my account xD

Has been a few years though since i last touched it xD

Lol is for scrubs

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Please i used to be a Dota elitist. Still the game with the most recorded play time on my account xD

Ah yes, Dota. The game Valve neglects TF2 in favor of, alongside CS:GO.

God damn you all.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Has been a few years though since i last touched it xD

Lol is for scrubs

Hah! I see. Actually, I've been playing some LoL of late. Mostly because I have a friend who's really into it, and with corona and everything hanging out is awkward, so we play LoL instead.

Honestly? I don't like it much at all, but I can enjoy one or two matches per week just to speak to my friend over it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! I see. Actually, I've been playing some LoL of late. Mostly because I have a friend who's really into it, and with corona and everything hanging out is awkward, so we play LoL instead.

Honestly? I don't like it much at all, but I can enjoy one or two matches per week just to speak to my friend over it.

Understandable.

It's same i used to play Dota with Friends (although daily), however there was way too much toxicity (mostly with Randos, sometimes between us) for us to continue.

And there aren't that many co-op games we can enjoy together or that matches all of our tastes, sadly.