Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

You can see their gender right next to their name, I think. They might not have added that one yet though.

Saw that a little late, yup.

Already up to level 5 for GoroGoro!

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

And shield dust as an ability, but I dunno what that does.

It prevents enemy attacks from triggering additional effects on the one that has it, so for example if something used dizzy punch against that lovedisk you couldn't be confused (although something like confuse ray could, as confusing you is its primary effect)

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It prevents enemy attacks from triggering additional effects on the one that has it, so for example if something used dizzy punch against that lovedisk you couldn't be confused

Dang, that's pretty good!

EDIT: Huefloques is growing like an absolute champ!

And GoroGoro is going to be a liability... But maybe poison will be helpful.

Edited by Benice

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Going by that, I think the character designs of Xenogears and Xenosaga would be more up your alley.

Headless Albedo is fanservice, prove me wrong.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And now I am free from school for the day.

Yay!

Route 2! Time for pokemon no. 3.

Aerodactyl. Mmph. I will name it GDQPL

This absolute chud took six balls to catch at 1 hp.

He is a dragon type, has ridiculous defense for his level and has the flame body ability!

Edited by Benice

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

"ProNuzlocker" Pokemon Challenges put it in solid B tier for his tier list of abilities for Nuzlocking...make of that obscure and incredibly niche information what you will.

It means that I have to grind up GoroGoro I so that she doesn't get OHKO'd by enemies half her level...

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-As long as the "less" isn't clothing.😛

Of course.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Three Houses has everyone wear specialized armor per class by default in battle.

Three Houses's class designs for women are iffy, honestly. Holes all over the place for the purpose of skin-showing. I can't say I like them too much, no. The pre-timeskip regular designs have the problem that they're all wearing the same boring uniform. Still, all in all, it's Better Than Fates, that's for sure.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She's the type who'd kick your ass, so I know you'd be into her.

Y E S

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Going by that, I think the character designs of Xenogears and Xenosaga would be more up your alley. Look those up to see if you agree.

Lemme see.

...Taking a quick look at the character lists in their respective wikias, that'd be a yes on Xenogears, no on Xenosaga.

Also

Iryoj8ss o

Why is Jesus there

GoroGoro has 22 hp at level 7.

And only 12 defense.

And only 9 attack.

Waow.

EDIT: RIP QDGPL

Died to a crit.

Ah well, I didn't like him much anyways. GoroGoro will carry me to victory!

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Three Houses's class designs for women are iffy, honestly. Holes all over the place for the purpose of skin-showing. I can't say I like them too much, no. The pre-timeskip regular designs have the problem that they're all wearing the same boring uniform. Still, all in all, it's Better Than Fates, that's for sure.

Can’t say I ever noticed anything.

I mean I guess there’s swordmaster but that’s not really an original design....

Why, hello there, Deoxys. Who is doing nothing but drinking milk.

GoroGoro has defeated a legendary pokemon! Yes!

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

EDIT: RIP QDGPL

Died to a crit.

Ah well, I didn't like him much anyways. GoroGoro will carry me to victory!

Oof, that is unfortunate. I rather like dragon types, and the possible burns from Flame Body sounded nice as well. (plus Aerodactyle being Dragon Type totally justified Lance having one on his Dragon type team 😛 )

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof, that is unfortunate.

Indeed.

Ey, I can get a wooper!

...Never mind, I killed it. Well, it's all okay, Huefloques is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Indeed.

Ey, I can get a wooper!

...Never mind, I killed it. Well, it's all okay, Huefloques is ridiculous.

Isn’t Huefloques a quagsire? That’s already an evolved wooper.

...unless evolutions are randomized.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Y E S

And honestly, this is most Xeno women tbh. You may not like their designs but as far as beating you up goes, they'll do it.

I should make a tier-list about this.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also

Iryoj8ss o

Why is Jesus there

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I have the same question, lol.

The better question is why not?

But yes, that is the Jesus Christ. Also in Xenosaga is Mary Magdalene and one of the characters just straight-up reads a Bible verse in one of the scenes.

Yeah, in addition to a bunch of sci-fi works, Xeno also just takes inspiration from the Bible and it's one of the few JRPG franchises that has God(s) that avoids the "kill God" trope with the exception of one game but I won't say which one it is.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Isn’t Huefloques a quagsire? That’s already an evolved wooper.

Yup, but two's a party!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

...unless evolutions are randomized.

Yeah.

-__________________________________________-

Huefloques is ded.

Heckin' self-destruct killed him.

GoroGoro solo time...

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can’t say I ever noticed anything.

I mean I guess there’s swordmaster but that’s not really an original design....

It's less common and less obvious than in Fates, but it's there. Take, for instance, the archer class. Male version, female version. Where did all the holes come from, and is there any purpose to them beyond mindless fanservice? For more examples, there's the assassin class, bow knight and warlock class, as well as the classic swordmaster and pegasus knight, which admittedly have always been very fanservicey.

Again, nowhere near as overt or common as Fates, but it's still there at times, and I don't like it.

My point is, I don't dislike these things because showing skin goes against the teachings of holy Christ or anything like that. I just don't like looking at a girl in a work of fiction and thinking "Oh yeah, this was definitely designed to appear to horny dudes." It happens with the guys too, but so much less often.

If the skimpy outfit fits the character, adds to it or serves a purpose, then sure, go for it. But when it's so obvious that the holes in the clothes are just there for eye candy, it rubs me the wrong way.

And sure, in Three Houses it's not that bad, but like... why at all? What is the need? I'm okay with something like warrior or swordmaster being more skimpy, the class is supposed to be lightly armored and stuff, but why do they have all those gaps in classes where the males are fully covered? What is the reason, other than the obvious one?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And honestly, this is most Xeno women tbh. You may not like their designs but as far as beating you up goes, they'll do it.

Stop making such compelling arguments, or I might actually play this series

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But yes, that is the Jesus Christ. Also in Xenosaga is Mary Magdalene and one of the characters just straight-up reads a Bible verse in one of the scenes.

Yeah, in addition to a bunch of sci-fi works, Xeno also just takes inspiration from the Bible and it's one of the few JRPG franchises that has God(s) that avoids the "kill God" trope with the exception of one game but I won't say which one it is.

Putting Christ in the same game with such unholy designs? These developers have a godly sense of humor, I'll give 'em that much.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The better question is why not?

Huh. That's really interesting. Neat.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My point is, I don't dislike these things because showing skin goes against the teachings of holy Christ or anything like that. I just don't like looking at a girl in a work of fiction and thinking "Oh yeah, this was definitely designed to appear to horny dudes." It happens with the guys too, but so much less often.

I know that already. I heard it the first hundred times 😜.

Edited by Sooks