Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Becuase my youtube feed has been getting spammed with ''All endings'' memes, i did something...

zEjfUEz.png

You know, considering the 45 minutes of downtime between maps in Three Houses and the whole tea party shenanigans, the Waifu Ending really sounds a lot more like the True Ending than the True Ending.

Okay but no, I want the central ending. I want it to happen. Let it happen. Please. Fire Emblem: Berwick Saga. I need this. I demand it!

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

But as it turns out, the canon ending is pulling a Daggerfall and its Dragonbreak / "Warp in the West", where every ending (save one) happened. At the same time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

But as it turns out, the canon ending is pulling a Daggerfall and its Dragonbreak / "Warp in the West", where every ending (save one) happened. At the same time.

That'd please... literally everyone, so I'd be fine with it.

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

Boy, what a depressing walk...

Anyways. 'Noon, everyone.

Afternoon! I’m sorry your walk wasn’t enjoyable.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Afternoon! I’m sorry your walk wasn’t enjoyable.

Well, it wasn't so much unenjoyable as saddening. It was just going back through the same forest that we've walked through for years...Only to see it mostly torn down. There's just...Nothing there anymore other than dirt.

All right, it's time for Supreme Machine Conflict Jay

I'm sorry to say, the game decided it was a good idea to dump ten billion kilos of plot on me at the start via a plain text box over an image of the moon, and I'm already lost. All I know is that things happen in the 69th year and that there's a corporation called Nergal Heavy Industries. I am going to hope that the rest is not important.

More importantly, I get to pick things now! I'm gonna go with Calvina for the sole reasons that she looks way cooler and Toya is a dumb name. As for the robot, I have little preference and still don't understand the numbers, so I'll go with Granteed because I want my enjoyment of this game to be granteed. Eh? Eh? Okay. Will get back to you when I reach some gameplay.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm gonna go with Calvina for the sole reasons that she looks way cooler and Toya is a dumb name.

I picked Toya because he looks much less cool. I then renamed him as Barry B. Benson, because it let me do that.

In other news, The N. Sane trilogy was on 50% sale today! I managed to find my debit card, so I decided, why not? I'm lookin' forwards to trying them all out.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, it's time for Supreme Machine Conflict Jay

I'm sorry to say, the game decided it was a good idea to dump ten billion kilos of plot on me at the start via a plain text box over an image of the moon, and I'm already lost. All I know is that things happen in the 69th year and that there's a corporation called Nergal Heavy Industries. I am going to hope that the rest is not important.

More importantly, I get to pick things now! I'm gonna go with Calvina for the sole reasons that she looks way cooler and Toya is a dumb name. As for the robot, I have little preference and still don't understand the numbers, so I'll go with Granteed because I want my enjoyment of this game to be granteed. Eh? Eh? Okay. Will get back to you when I reach some gameplay.

Told you it was story heavy. Not that it stops people from playing these games, or reading the story anyway, even if they haven't seen every single series that appears on any given SRW game.

Most of the time, the male/female protagonist selection of SRW only have minute plot difference, but sometimes there are bigger ones. For SRW J, the first chapter changes depending on who is your player character.

Rule of thumb: While not always a rule, general trend is that Super Robots = tanks, Real Robots = dodge-tanks. Granteed is a Super Robot, so try to focus on that.

As always, check the wiki if you need help with something.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hold up-- I get to customize names!?

It was not a good idea to let me do this.

Clgq9mdp oVicrgzru o

There we go, bunch of oddly specific jokes that the man who got me into this won't even get. Perfect.

And now it's asking me what my favorite series is. There's like, 15 series and I don't know even a single one. I'll go with Brain Powered because I need my brain to be powered so I can lose less people in my SGW ironman, Full Metal Panic! because I'll probably panic when the game starts throwing curveballs at me, and Dancougar because fuck it.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope it will become clearer in the future.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And now it's asking me what my favorite series is. There's like, 15 series and I don't know even a single one. I'll go with Brain Powered because I need my brain to be powered so I can lose less people in my SGW ironman, Full Metal Panic! because I'll probably panic when the game starts throwing curveballs at me, and Dancougar because fuck it.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope it will become clearer in the future.

The Favorite Series system was only used here and in SRW D. Basically, mechas have a select number of upgrade slots, which will vary. By selection a series as Favorite, as the game tells you, they'll receive a multiplier to EXP and money gained, and more upgrade slots. These carry over on NG+, so with enough playthroughs, every one will be a Favorite.

Usually, people choose the OG series in the first playthrough, since it's what the protagonist and their mecha falls under. Not to mention they get the highest bonus of 1.5 multipliers and 15 slots.

As an aside, my personal recommendations for a first playthrough in J are always: OG, Mazinkaiser, and Brain Powerd.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As an aside, my personal recommendations for a first playthrough in J are always: OG, Mazinkaiser, and Brain Powerd.

Thanks, but it is too late, I'm afraid.

Also, please take no offense, but I am losing interest in the story really fast. I feel like I've started a series on like the fourth instalment, and I can hardly keep up with this amount of plot points and characters being introduced completely out of the blue. Also, I want to get to the gameplay already. So... yeah.

...Oh my God how much text is there?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

If worst comes to worst, L+A lets you skip the story sequences.

I guess story-heavy games just aren't for everyone...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Say that to people who complain of the opposite in FE.

I won't lie, after mashing X for 5 minutes through like 10 introductions, I've gained a new appreciation for Shadow Dragon's flowery, yet succint text. I mean, I already liked it, but...

Wow. And here I thought Kaga got out of hand. It's the first scene and that already matched the worst infodump of TRS.

I hope the gameplay will be enjoyable enough to compensate, because to be brutally honest, I really don't think I'm gonna read.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess story-heavy games just aren't for everyone...

I've played story heavy games, but this is too heavy! Or maybe I'm just dumb. One of the two.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I won't lie, after mashing X for 5 minutes through like 10 introductions, I've gained a new appreciation for Shadow Dragon's flowery, yet succint text. I mean, I already liked it, but...

Wow. And here I thought Kaga got out of hand. It's the first scene and that already matched the worst infodump of TRS.

I hope the gameplay will be enjoyable enough to compensate, because to be brutally honest, I really don't think I'm gonna read.

It's only that bad at the beginning. SRW has to assume some people haven't seen the many anime and manga series it incorporates. Since most SRW are standalones, it happens in almost every game. Some do have Databases where they put info there instead of in the story itself, but J isn't one of them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah Story games aren't definetly your thing, Ruben

But... But I've played story games in the past and enjoyed them... Guess that was just a dream.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's only that bad at the beginning. SRW has to assume some people haven't seen the many anime and manga series it incorporates. Since most SRW are standalones, it happens in almost every game. Some do have Databases where they put info there instead of in the story itself, but J isn't one of them.

Ohhh. That explains it, I suppose.