• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I feel like it happened at least once.

It never mattered enough for it to stick in my memory I guess.

The only reason we even know is because the lines exist to begin with I suppose.

Edited by Dayni

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow... someone likes 3H! 

You wont catch me attempting that!

The actual number is 14 (I think) if you’re curious.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry Ruben, you shouldnt have expected better.

No I should not have.

Well, it took the lives of my entire squad, all of my vulneraries and a lucky Cichol crest proc from Ferdinand, but I beat chapter 2. Tomorrow, on to the next shit.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, it took the lives of my entire squad, all of my vulneraries and a lucky Cichol crest proc from Ferdinand, but I beat chapter 2. Tomorrow, on to the next shit.

Wait is everyone dead?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Wait is everyone dead?

Yes. Everyone died.

I mean, it's the mock battle. Nobody really died. But they fell. I cannot even begin to imagine a way to do this without sacrifices. Which isn't good design but, eh. Maybe I'm just bad.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Everyone died.

I mean, it's the mock battle. Nobody really died. But they fell. I cannot even begin to imagine a way to do this without sacrifices. Which isn't good design but, eh. Maybe I'm just bad.

You said Chapter 2, hence my confusion.

It's probably doable. Then again, I think I let 2 fall there too.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Everyone died.

Give everyone a bow and a pair of gauntlets.

Well your physical units anyway. Early game magic users suck big time until they can hit level 5.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

You said Chapter 2, hence my confusion.

Blame FE and its tendency to call chapter 1 "prologue", even though the only prologue in FE that feels like, y'know, a prologue and not just the first chapter is the FE11 prologue section.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

It's probably doable. Then again, I think I let 2 fall there too.

You did better than me!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Give everyone a bow and a pair of gauntlets.

Yeah, see, I have no foresight, so I didn't buy anything.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, see, I have no foresight, so I didn't buy anything.

You can’t yet. I mean while prepping for chapter 2.

Hey this game let’s you apply the look of any armor you get to your current one while still being able to keep its stats!

I don’t know if that’s a common feature but it’s appreciated. Now Alexios can look not stupid! Yay!

Oh yeah, that reminds me

monolith-soft-games-4012-1617405252.png?

Updated with BKO.

Now, PXZ aside and Disaster aside (for different reasons), i'm at a crossroads of where to go next.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also obligatory

36U64Ln.png

Needs more Kaiju.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I still don't think SRW is quite my cup of tea. It doesn't look bad, exactly, but it doesn't inspire me with confidence, personally.

Well you lose literally nothing by emulating so i'd say give it a shot. You've already enjoyed a different kind of SRPG before (even if Banner Saga isn't exactly that from what you've said), see if you can enjoy another.

I plan to try out SRW myself but i'll be using Endless Frontier as a starting point because even though it's a duology of spin-offs, it's also Monolith Soft.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maddening Crimson Flower. Maybe this time, just maybe, hopefully, miraculously I'll finally find the Three Houses set up I can enjoy.

Crimson Flower is the only route that's actually different so hopefully things go well.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I wanna play VS, but at the same time i am afraid i will really really dislike it

Have my rants scared you off?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Personally, I don't think it holds a candle to BWS, but hey, that's just me.

Is there anything that does?

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

No one can be that unlucky. Xd

I went an entire Mario Party 2 game getting zero stars and by the time the game ended, i had zero coins.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"I wonder how being completely predictable affects one's ability to wield power."

Keep talking, Claude. Cherish every word, every syllable. You might find yourself lacking a tongue one day. And your head, too!

...Ah, Sothis! Skip!

Oh he's actually playing Three Houses again.

IMG_20210401_100859.jpg?width=995&height

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey this game let’s you apply the look of any armor you get to your current one while still being able to keep its stats!

Let's gooooooo fashion equipment.

Fashion Equipment is a feature that needs to be done any time there's appearance-changing equipment in a game...

So TIL HSoS has a playable Gigas Knight, and in this game, they get swords...

BUTTERFLY GIGAS KNIGHT BABYYY

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh he's actually playing Three Houses again.

IMG_20210401_100859.jpg?width=995&height

Is Godzilla happy there? It’s kind of hard to tell... (I’m assuming that’s Godzilla)

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fashion Equipment is a feature that needs to be done any time there's appearance-changing equipment in a game...

Agreed.

20 minutes ago, Spara said:

So TIL HSoS has a playable Gigas Knight, and in this game, they get swords...

BUTTERFLY GIGAS KNIGHT BABYYY

Why is the final boss from EarthBound in HSoS?

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is Godzilla happy there? 

He's straight-up laughing.

Edited by Armagon

Imagine if the next FE game were to do something like DW9...

If you thought tedious Genealogy having maps that cover entire countries, imagine a FE with just the one map, covering the entire continent or setting or what-have-you, and EVERYTHING happening in there. Have fun!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I went an entire Mario Party 2 game getting zero stars and by the time the game ended, i had zero coins.

Im...  not sure if that's unlucky or that the game is kinda BS, really. Games totally stacked against the player, if you are talking the story maps.

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Im...  not sure if that's unlucky or that the game is kinda BS, really. Games totally stacked against the player, if you are talking the story maps.

It was a four player game.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was a four player game.

Oh wait, you said Mario Party 2. Nevermind then, the first one is stacked af against the player, haha. 

Well, if you consider things like the koopa bank taking coins all the time and poor rolls, it's could be worse. Xd

Hmm... I just found out you can be “pacifist” by un-equipping your melee weapon and just punching people instead, knocking them out... I am guessing that the game doesn’t except you to attempt a pacifist run or anything like that since I found out through a random tutorial on the loading screen. It’s likely just to make it easier to recruit anyone you want.

Why do they place a bounty on your head for sinking a warship? How do they know I’m just a random mercenary and not a Spartan general? How do they even know who specifically captained the random ship that sunk those warships, it’s not like I docked at the land they were blockading. Plus they attacked first!

Plus it makes you sinks those ships for the story, although I guess Athens wouldn’t know that.

Edited by Sooks