Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

which is easy to see when the bullies from the prologue fight are turned into easy generic zombies in some minor fight

You see them twice, i believe. and i also believe that they are like that cause Mewt wishes they were dead, hence zombies.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't they change what sort of undead they are in that second encounter?

Yeah, but the principal of them being "dead" is the same, just on a larger scale.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, but the principal of them being "dead" is the same, just on a larger scale.

I'd still wonder.

Like, they're zombies in the first fight, then vampires in the second. What exactly does that mean? That after their first death-undeath they were revived as a different kind of undeath (certainly messed up that way), or somehow there was a copy of them running around in addition to them?

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd still wonder.

Like, they're zombies in the first fight, then vampires in the second. What exactly does that mean? That after their first death-undeath they were revived as a different kind of undeath (certainly messed up that way), or somehow there was a copy of them running around in addition to them?

Maybe that represents his true hatred towards them, that he would see them die more than once.

Ultimately, good thing TA2 just went with Luso being sent to the real/original Ivalice.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

it's the author who brought it up tbf, so..

xD

Ah, i think i get it now. The author liked GotG's happy endings and decided that his story should also have one even if it don't make sense.

Armagon's current favourite Track

I mean, it is a pretty good song.

If it ain't clear Ys is pretty much my all time fav. that i've been taking a break from thanks to my Falcom meltdown a few months ago. Seems like i am ready to return to it!

I can't believe me bitching about Ys Origin bosses is what's bringing you back. It really do be like that sometimes.

@Shrimperor Yeah, Isayama has gone nuts.

• Reiner: "Historia's handwritings are as beautiful as ever, and it smells so good!"
  • Jean: "Stop having a hard-on to a married woman, you are disgusting Reiner!"
  • Pieck:"Why do you care Jean? You seem to worry about your hairstyles a lot, who are you dressing up for?"
  • Jean:"...Some girl reading history books."
  • Reiner:"History books? Are you sure she's not reading horse collections?"
  • Jean:"I feel sad about the fact that a piece of shit like you gets to extend your lifespan."

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe me bitching about Ys Origin bosses is what's bringing you back. It really do be like that sometimes.

You reminded me of the good times.

When Falcom was still Falcom

18 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

@Shrimperor Yeah, Isayama has gone nuts.

• Reiner: "Historia's handwritings are as beautiful as ever, and it smells so good!"
  • Jean: "Stop having a hard-on to a married woman, you are disgusting Reiner!"
  • Pieck:"Why do you care Jean? You seem to worry about your hairstyles a lot, who are you dressing up for?"
  • Jean:"...Some girl reading history books."
  • Reiner:"History books? Are you sure she's not reading horse collections?"
  • Jean:"I feel sad about the fact that a piece of shit like you gets to extend your lifespan."

yeah i saw it in the reddit leak thread.

Wtf Yams

Look how they murdered my girl. From a lost girl to a rebellion Queen to a stockholm syndrome girl.

493648406456303628.png?v=1

Considering it was season 3 where Historia shines is what switched me from anime only to manga reader this is a big disappointment

Why the fuck is Reiner still alive even

Edited by Shrimperor

Thing is

Even if the leaks are fake (which is looking very unlikely)...

How can Yams even fix the Trainwreck that was everything after ch.123 in one chapter?

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

that for all the talk of escapism we don't get a very deep exploration of how this magically conjured reality is super sucky,

*Whistles!* 

Red card for you, off to jail! And I'm taking away that one piece of very rare equipment you're wearing forever!

-At least FFTA2 *Law forbids being robbed or moving anything more or less than 3 tiles every turn* ...made the system on the whole better.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

(Man Ritz got so little going for her story wise)

She doesn't need story, she gets Ribbons.

All four of the main characters' problems are child-friendly/oriented obviously, but Ritz's is the most superficial of them all I'd say. Doned's is the worst I agree. "Look on the bright side" is okay in reality where you can't change bad legs, but Doned got a magical avenue out of it and he clearly doesn't want to embrace his wheelchair-bound aspect as "proud identity" if you get what I mean. 

Considering FFT's story is Genealogy-good & bad, meaning a promising start that fizzles and transmutes from molten gold to urine, FFTA's turn to a more childish story might have been for the better in retrospect. Even if TA2's was too simple and its some of missions too lighthearted.

Although, I will say I do like Tactics Advance's set of fantasy races. On the miracle we got an FFTA3, I'd ditch a main story altogether and fully decentralize it to make it world-focused. I also like the species more in TA's aesthetic than XII's, because Nu Mous, Bangaas and Seeqs aren't as charming with mainline FF's realism with a dash of fantasy.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why the fuck is Reiner still alive even

Curse was lifted somehow.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thing is

Even if the leaks are fake (which is looking very unlikely)...

How can Yams even fix the Trainwreck that was everything after ch.123 in one chapter?

AnR. He could kill the entire alliance in half a chapter.

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

When Falcom was still Falcom

Haha....

Anyways, I should probably have the game finished today or tomorrow. Unless the last area is really long.

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

AnR.

Can't see it happening after what happened last chapter. I wish though.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Haha....

Anyways, I should probably have the game finished today or tomorrow. Unless the last area is really long.

Final boss might take you a while

Ohhhh, so to kill the mantis boss, you have to kill all the little gremlins, otherwise it'll revive itself upon death. This information was definitely conveyed to the player beforehand.

As far as the FFT series goes, I would consider FFTA2' story to be the weakest of them. 

They had a MC they didn't really want to focus on obviously. Hurt the story alot, imo.

I must say, AC Odyssey gets a little stale a little quickly. Every side quest is basically “go kill the guy(s)” and sometimes with an extra step or two but there’s not much variety... I still have some fun when playing though. Maybe if I did play a second game too...

Edited by Sooks

Nice, I finally reached the point in Another Eden where I can start registering the cats scattered all around.

Parties are composed of seven: The main four, the two in reserve... and the cat.

Can’t wait till the update for MH Rise at the end of this month.

Until then I’ll just keep working on playing through my second file and getting my huntress’s HR up to match my original file. Somehow I’m playing worse the second time through the village quests compared to the first time I went through them, lol.