• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Let me take a guess: you aren't logged in to pixiv when you visit it? Because if you are, it translates the tags for you

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!
Yeah, I'm not registered there at all. The only actual "internet presence" I have is here.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!
Yeah, I'm not registered there at all. The only actual "internet presence" I have is here.

If you have a Google account, you can just use that IIRC. That's what I did to get some nice wallpapers for my laptop.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think i will take a look at the Xenoblade pixiv tage after i finish FC

I just checked the tag and the first page on the Xenoblade tag has a Xenoblade 2 spoiler. Most of that tag is Xenoblade 1 stuff but it's also used as a series-wide tag (despite Xenoblade X and 2 having their own tags).

Tl;dr beware of spoilers when browsing Xenoblade art, especially from Xenoblade 2 (X doesn't have much in the way of spoilers tbh but you still should be careful).

Edit: Xenogears and Xenosaga have their own tags, you probably won't see art of those games in the Xenoblade tag apart from the occasional crossover fanart.

Edited by Armagon

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What do you mean by voiced right? Because the bad bad acting is the point of the scene. Specially when you compare it to the genuine laughter they have right after.

I think they overdo it just a tad, making it sound very unusual. 

There were better ways to handle this scene, I think.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just checked the tag and the first page on the Xenoblade tag has a Xenoblade 2 spoiler. Most of that tag is Xenoblade 1 stuff but it's also used as a series-wide tag (despite Xenoblade X and 2 having their own tags).

Tl;dr beware of spoilers when browsing Xenoblade art, especially from Xenoblade 2 (X doesn't have much in the way of spoilers tbh but you still should be careful).

Edit: Xenogears and Xenosaga have their own tags, you probably won't see art of those games in the Xenoblade tag apart from the occasional crossover fanart.

Well, i should wait then xD

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So i've neen reading through the heart to hearts...

1-shouldn't have been so hard to unlock

2-should've involved more characters instead of just 2

Xenoblade 2s focus on more than 2 in some, so look forward to that. Sure, sometimes they focus on 2, but that's not always a bad thing either.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So i've neen reading through the heart to hearts...

1-shouldn't have been so hard to unlock

2-should've involved more characters instead of just 2

*Xenoblade 2 intensifies*

This Heart-to-Heart is like the second one you'll end up seeing in the game so if you want to see what H2Hs are like in Xenoblade 2, here's an easy example since it's very early on.

Apart from a select few, most Heart-to-Hearts in this game feature multiple characters. 

Comparing XC2's Heart-to-Hearts to Tales' skits is a good comparison.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Xenoblade 2 intensifies*

This Heart-to-Heart is like the second one you'll end up seeing in the game so if you want to see what H2Hs are like in Xenoblade 2, here's an easy example since it's very early on.

Apart from a select few, most Heart-to-Hearts in this game feature multiple characters. 

Comparing XC2's Heart-to-Hearts to Tales' skits is a good comparison.

And no annoying requirements, right?

Also i see british accent is a series tradition xD

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Mainly later on. Healing Arts in Xenoblade 2 recover so much it's honestly kinda overboard.

Meanwhile, XCX has Repair, which heals for at most 9% of a single character's HP. Although maaaaybe a Knife, Shield, or Photon Saber can make a healing build work in Overdrive, use the fast cooldown and stack Potential for spamming the one you have of Smooth Recovery/Mindstorm/Astral Horizon + Astral Heal. But why when you can kill everything in OD?

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I find it funny that you mention this, since the Iwata Asks for XC actually acknowledged this issue (or more specifically, a party member betraying you).

The Secret Files further explains that an early concept had Reyn betray the party after Sharla's death and would fight Shulk with the power of Mechonis, which might be the idea that Takeda was talking about.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this. The trope of friends turned eternal rivals, this would've needed to seriously amp up Reyn to work, and invent a strong reason for the turn of a human to misanthropy. As I am with other beta storylines, I'd be interested in seeing a completed version of this that would never happen.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm not on GameFAQs myself, but I do check there every once in a while for release dates and such. I spot a few things here and there while I do. Sometimes, it's very entertaining, other times, it's just sad.

And, a few low-key board were chill, the Etrian Odyssey ones were very useful for me. But if it's popular and got women of any sex appeal, stay away.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of Pixiv

31543398_p0.jpg?width=736&height=431

@Interdimensional Observer i think you'll appreciate the one piece of Baten Kaitos fanart that i've seen online. Even if it's crossover fanart.

Source.

Thank you! There are little things I could art critique here- Sagi's expression is slightly off to me, and why did they choose Mechonis for the backdrop? But it's much appreciated. I won't call either BK perfect by any means, I can readily list flaws for both, but they are my first experience with Monolith and I loved the world.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

No need for Hearts, story progression and sometimes completing a quest or sleeping at a particular inn, but I think thats it.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Only in XC1 and XC2, XCX went back to the usual American, with the exception of Celica who gets posh British. And Shulk's and Fiora's voices are selectable for Cross, they're labeled "Classic".

The reason for British VAs in XC1 is because Nintendo of Europe localized it, Nintendo of America didn't think it would sell. NoE had to turn to local talent then.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

story progression and sometimes completing a quest or sleeping at a particular inn, but I think thats it.

Doesn't sound bad tbh

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The reason for British VAs in XC1 is because Nintendo of Europe localized it, Nintendo of America didn't think it would sell. NoE had to turn to local talent then.

Icic

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nope. You find them, you view them. And if any do have any requirements, they won't show up on the map until after said requirements have been met, so it's not like Xenoblade 1 where the game puts H2Hs in front of you and then says "you haven't done enough story, come back later to maybe access this".

The only ones that require actual Affinity are the Rare Blade H2Hs and quests but raising Blade affinity is honestly much faster than raising party Affinity in Xenoblade 1, especially if DLC is involved. DLC gives you access to the Love Source, which gives 3000 Trust. To see how much that is, most Blades require 9,800 (iirc) Trust to unlock all five tiers of their Affinity Charts. And since a character can have up to three Blades equipped at a time, a Love Source gives 3000 Trust for three Blades at any time. Way better than Xenoblade 1's one-way Affinity gains, even without DLC. Also the game tells you how much Trust each Blade has so you can easily keep track instead of just guessing.

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

X is the exception, since it was localized by NoA.

2 on the other hand gets more varied. In addition to normal British, Nia is Welsh, Morag is Scottish (as is Hugo in Torna), Vandham is Aussie (or so i'm told). This applies to the characters' country of origin as well. One of the reasons i love Xenoblade 2's world so much is that each country in the game has it's own accent. To make things even more varied, since the Blades don't belong to any particular in-game country, most of them are American accents.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But why when you can kill everything in OD?

True lmao. "Offense is the best defense" and all. Basically the series from Xenoblade X and onward.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you!

No prob.

Edited by Armagon

I'd say, it is for the best that X got to be an exception.

I don't know about you, but for a city that is meant to be Los Angeles, even if it's a "future LA even if by just decades", seeing them talk in British English rather than American English would be kinda off. At least, if the idea is that they are almost all American residents. Considering things.

Otherwise, it'd be Hispanic English all around since current trend is for LA to turn majority Hispanic over time. I think.

so finished reading HtHs...

sure is a good idea to put 95% of character interaction behind something that's very hard & annoying to unlock. Sure the HtHs won't make them my fav. characrer or anything, but atleast i wouldn't remember the cast as rather weak if they easy to unlock...

Nope. You find them, you view them. And if any do have any requirements, they won't show up on the map until after said requirements have been met, so it's not like Xenoblade 1 where the game puts H2Hs in front of you and then says "you haven't done enough story, come back later to maybe access this".

sounds good!

2 on the other hand gets more varied. In addition to normal British, Nia is Welsh, Morag is Scottish (as is Hugo in Torna), Vandham is Aussie (or so i'm told). This applies to the characters' country of origin as well. One of the reasons i love Xenoblade 2's world so much is that each country in the game has it's own accent. To make things even more varied, since the Blades don't belong to any particular in-game country, most of them are American accents.

I noticed from the Video, but it seems XB2 has more variety in races. I hope the game does explore that theme a bit