• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

One thing I didn't like about Xenoblade X: Tobias, I believe his name is? I hate that guy, and his research probing contest, it's very annoying.

get 100,000 in one return, like its nothing.

Correct on the guy's name.

As for the setting up of probes, I don't remember how hard hitting 100k is. *Checks my in-progress file*, I'm at 57925 Credits with Sylvalum and Cauldros still almost entirely unmapped and the vast majority of Scenic Viewpoints and Unexplored Territories not found. Research Probes are a lot rarer than Mining Probes, and they're best saved for probe locations with 2 Sightseeing Spots, and a Research Probe in a site with even one Sightseeing Spot is better for revenue over a place with none but a higher letter rank on its Revenue. You can add Boosters and Duplicator Probes in nearby spots if you have to just for the duration of the quest.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

one of my favorite sidequests of that game is the professor B. Quests.

I get this, I never saw the movie he's a reference to, but the quest line is a little quirky. And it tells me just how far Mira is willing to go to be a roach motel, that interests me personally.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just saw that scene in Origami King

59f.gif

For those who want to know:

Spoiler

Bobby the Bob-Omb fucking lights his own fuse and kills himself in order to save Olivia.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, looking at the Wiki b/c I've crowned myself the Master of Mira here, it lists four species of enemy: Arenatect, Gerrid, Duogill, and Scintiure as having either Counter or Proximity Spikes. And 7 Tyrants, 1 later story boss, 1 final battle enemy, and the Yggralith Zero. 

None of those species are either that common or something you're forced to fight (Mira's size and lack of linearity makes only the most common enemy types anything you'll have to battle), and of the Tyrants, only Caspar, the Unhealthy Eater is realistically killable before the postgame.

To add to this, mitigating Spike damage is easier in that you don't need to use up Gem/Augment slots or Skill slots for it alone. Every Spike deals damage of a specific attribute, so equipping gear that provides resistance to that attribute will cut back on the damage received. Since the attribute of the Spike probably tends to be a common attribute elsewhere in that enemy's arsenal, that resistance should come in handy during the entire fight.

No wonder I never noticed Spike in XCX besides Yggralith and Endbringer, it was really scaled back.

And in the case of Xenoblade 2, the only times i remember actually being screwed over by Spike Damage was that big plant UM in Uraya and the boss at the end of Ch.5. I know Kurodil has Spike once he's enraged but the Spike damage is honestly so little compared to what you'd recieve in Xenoblade 1. And that's not counting the fact that healing is busted in Xenoblade 2 since healing is always AoE (unless it's crit heals but even those are good).

...The page on Spike damage in Xenoblade 2 is a stub. Outside of unreleased/early material, i can't think of any actual instance of seeing a stub page on the Xenoblade Wiki. I guess that goes to show how much of a non-existent issue Spike damage is in Xenoblade 1. Makes me wonder why it's even there.

...Can Elemental Awakening in Torna be considered Spike? It's something only some Unique Monsters and some bosses can do so it's not like you'll see it in normal battles but it's arguably just as annoying as Xenoblade 1 Spike, especially since the counterplay to it is kinda unintuitive.

>resist purge boss

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Only in Xenoblade 1. Cause Monolith went "haha whoops" and Spike damage now has like almost no presence in the other games.

Thank god

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

...The page on Spike damage in Xenoblade 2 is a stub. Outside of unreleased/early material, i can't think of any actual instance of seeing a stub page on the Xenoblade Wiki. I guess that goes to show how much of a non-existent issue Spike damage is in Xenoblade 1. Makes me wonder why it's even there.

...Can Elemental Awakening in Torna be considered Spike? It's something only some Unique Monsters and some bosses can do so it's not like you'll see it in normal battles but it's arguably just as annoying as Xenoblade 1 Spike, especially since the counterplay to it is kinda unintuitive.

I remember one XC2 Spike instance- the Land of Challenge fight against a Tirkin totem pole. I think it came from its Enrage and I didn't bring Corvin, so the carved wood was seriously chopping down my characters as I tried to hack at it.

Spike damage endures I suppose because it's tradition and might have some notion of a good idea in it, but Monolith understands the fan backlash so it limits how much it is used, too much. At least it had a game where it was cruel, Time Bomb sounds deadly, but XCX gives to next to no enemies.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And that's not counting the fact that healing is busted in Xenoblade 2 since healing is always AoE (unless it's crit heals but even those are good).

Never considered healing to be that amazing, way more plentiful than XCX for sure, but broken? I admit to spamming Corvin's first Special a few times, and loving the Special heals as a whole (Crossette's was early salvation), but because the number of Arts that heal and do nothing else (excluding HP Potions) was limited to one per Blade, I didn't consider it overly plentiful.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Spike damage endures I suppose because it's tradition and might have some notion of a good idea in it, but Monolith understands the fan backlash so it limits how much it is used.

Yeah, I don't mind there being a small amount of specifc enemies that have. As long as it's not like Xenoblade 1 where even normal enemies can have it. Good on DE for making it clear which enemies have Spike but I hope that this resurgence of Spike is only because it's a Xenoblade 1 remake.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never considered healing to be that amazing, way more plentiful than XCX for sure, but broken?

Mainly later on. Healing Arts in Xenoblade 2 recover so much it's honestly kinda overboard.

But I don't mind. Let's me focus on more offense.

Edited by Armagon

e4014e7765b6b2b9f45efa54299e8c5a.png
@Interdimensional Observer
Sorry for the awkward way of replying to this, the site refuses to load the page this is on properly right now for some reason

Yea, I've seen it, it's looks really neat, and also does it's own thing with the style, looks fun, I would be interested in trying it out sometime. Inspired, definitely, but from the reviews I've seen of it, definitely has it's own take on everything as well.

Yea I know the curses were paper themed, but overall the theme wasn't purely about it in TTYD, I felt personally it was mainly nods to the artstyle of it, and like you said it definitely didn't dominate the style of the game.

Yea, I agree, the writing wasn't amazing, obviously, it doesn't need to be, but it's funny and lighthearted and charming, like I said, the newer ones seem more like they're trying to write a parody of the world they're writing for, which I honestly like a lot less, in most cases.

So just finished Xenoblade...

Tl;dr:

-Gameplay super enjoyable

-sense of exploration is cool, although game really needed a sprint button and/or more teleport points

-Probaby the least fun i ever had with any Sidequests in any jrpg. It's so bad it actively hindered my enjoyment (i think you guys noticed this lmao)

-Characters i found to be rather weak. They weren't offensive or anything, but character interaction was rather... sparce. And HtH are worse then old FE supports with their gains. Fav. Characters: Dunban, Melia, Fiora

-Story was ok... however the last few hours were... weird, and i don't mean that in a good way

-The Monado is probably the source of most of my problems when it comes to Story and Characters.

I still need to collect my thoughts, and play future connected, but this are my 'finishing impressions' so to say.

7-8/10, not really sure xD

All in all it was a fun ride, and i will definetly check the rest of the series out (mainly thanks to gameplay) but i can't help but be dissapointed in the writing tbh.

I will write my full/detailed thoughts out after i finish future connected, probably xD

Edit: did they change Melia's VA for FC?

Edited by Shrimperor

Finally managed to fall asleep at 4 a.m.
Wakes up: 12:20 p.m.
Also, my migraines are back with a vengeance... friggin' hell...

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimperor @DragonFlames @lightcosmo incoming bruh moment: https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/aocs/70050000019769

So turns out, Million Arthur is DLC in the Switch version of Megadimension..........in Japan.

pLBWI2y.jpg

6 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Downloaded Neptunia.

Have fun!

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

sense of exploration is cool, although game really needed a sprint button and/or more teleport points

Yeah, I didn't notice the first time I played but coming back to Xenoblade 1 after playing 2 and Torna, I was like "hey wait, is it me, or are the Landmarks in XC1 a little bit too spaced out?" Valak Mountain and Makna Forest felt like the worst offenders when it came to that. Eryth Sea kinda also (but I actually don't like navigating that place lmao).

Characters i found to be rather weak. They weren't offensive or anything, but character interaction was rather... sparce.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The Monado is probably the source of most of my problems when it comes to Story and Characters

Can agree to both of these points. Well, the characters I wouldn't call weak (except for Sharla and maybe Riki) but I absolutely see where you're coming from.

As for the Monado, it made certain plot points feel a bit too convinient, even after knowing why. Plus the game was like "yeah you only got this far because of the Monado, not because of your own strengths" which was honestly kind of annoying.

No, it's still Jenna Coleman. The only new lines in XenoblaDE are the ones for the Nopon Archsage in Time Attack and everything in Future Connected. And in the case of the returning cast, it's been 10 years so naturally they will sound a bit older. 

FYI, Future Connected is like a micro-Xenoblade X in the sense that the real content is found in the side content. If you just do the main plot, you'll probably be disappointed in it but doing all of the Quiet Moments and at least all of the Ponspector quests will enhance enjoyment. There's only 40 sidequests in Future Connected in total and none of it is missables. Way easier time than main game sidequests.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct on the guy's name.

As for the setting up of probes, I don't remember how hard hitting 100k is. *Checks my in-progress file*, I'm at 57925 Credits with Sylvalum and Cauldros still almost entirely unmapped and the vast majority of Scenic Viewpoints and Unexplored Territories not found. Research Probes are a lot rarer than Mining Probes, and they're best saved for probe locations with 2 Sightseeing Spots, and a Research Probe in a site with even one Sightseeing Spot is better for revenue over a place with none but a higher letter rank on its Revenue. You can add Boosters and Duplicator Probes in nearby spots if you have to just for the duration of the quest.

I get this, I never saw the movie he's a reference to, but the quest line is a little quirky. And it tells me just how far Mira is willing to go to be a roach motel, that interests me personally.

I cant remember what the most he wants is, maybe 150k? I just remember not liking it one bit. 

Yeah I like the humor in the quests, 

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So just finished Xenoblade...

Tl;dr:

-Gameplay super enjoyable

-sense of exploration is cool, although game really needed a sprint button and/or more teleport points

-Probaby the least fun i ever had with any Sidequests in any jrpg. It's so bad it actively hindered my enjoyment (i think you guys noticed this lmao)

-Characters i found to be rather weak. They weren't offensive or anything, but character interaction was rather... sparce. And HtH are worse then old FE supports with their gains. Fav. Characters: Dunban, Melia, Fiora

-Story was ok... however the last few hours were... weird, and i don't mean that in a good way

-The Monado is probably the source of most of my problems when it comes to Story and Characters.

I still need to collect my thoughts, and play future connected, but this are my 'finishing impressions' so to say.

7-8/10, not really sure xD

All in all it was a fun ride, and i will definetly check the rest of the series out (mainly thanks to gameplay) but i can't help but be dissapointed in the writing tbh.

I will write my full/detailed thoughts out after i finish future connected, probably xD

Melias VA is the same.

Yeah the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles isn't nearly as good as the beginning, at all.

The early portion feels very epic with the way they presented it, IMO.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Finally managed to fall asleep at 4 a.m.
Wakes up: 12:20 p.m.
Also, my migraines are back with a vengeance... friggin' hell...

pLBWI2y.jpg

Have fun!

Are we the same person? My migraines start up again, and my sleep schedule's out of whack. Now you get it. I'd blame something in the air, but you live in a totally different country... so unless Krakatoa reactivated and dumped tonnes of dust into the upper atmosphere without anyone noticing.... I doubt it.

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Are we the same person? My migraines start up again, and my sleep schedule's out of whack. Now you get it. I'd blame something in the air, but you live in a totally different country... so unless Krakatoa reactivated and dumped tonnes of dust into the upper atmosphere without anyone noticing.... I doubt it.

In my case it's probably because it suddenly got humid again.
But in general, sleep seems to evade a lot of people lately. It's really weird.

From one person suffering from migraines to another: get well soon!

To go more in depth on Xenoblades later storyline. 

After you rescue Fiora from sword valley, what happens to the characters drive? What reasons motivate them to do what they do? In the ending, they kinda lost this, which is sad since the characters had pretty good depth to begin.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

In my case it's probably because it suddenly got humid again.
But in general, sleep seems to evade a lot of people lately. It's really weird.

From one person suffering from migraines to another: get well soon!

I tend to find a quick sugary snack (mints usually) helps with them just a bit. But in my case, I think it's because there's been a bit of smoke in the air lately. Not the best thing for me.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, my migraines are back with a vengeance... friggin' hell.

get well soon!

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FYI, Future Connected is like a micro-Xenoblade X in the sense that the real content is found in the side content. If you just do the main plot, you'll probably be disappointed in it but doing all of the Quiet Moments and at least all of the Ponspector quests will enhance enjoyment. There's only 40 sidequests in Future Connected in total and none of it is missables. Way easier time than main game sidequests.

I see i see.

Well, before i start it i want to view all Heart to Hearts on youtube first because unlucking them in main game is.... yeah.

They also should've had the option to import our Art arrangements from the main game lol.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As for the Monado, it made certain plot points feel a bit too convinient, even after knowing why. Plus the game was like "yeah you only got this far because of the Monado, not because of your own strengths" which was honestly kind of annoying.

Yes. The Monado was everything.

Spoiler

Shulk in the Monado. The final boss turned out to be the Monado. Even Alvis is the Monado.

It ate away at the story, at character interaction, at everything, and everything came back to the Monado.

It was way overcentralizing.

Kinda wish we lost the damn thing early game or something and we were able to get anti Mechon weapons from Machina peeps earlier and grow as a party together and not Monado Monado.

47 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles isn't nearly as good as the beginning, at all.

The ending made me go wtf

Spoiler

The Source of all evil is the Sword.

Then Space?

Then Real life Earth experimant goes wrong?

Then Alvis is Monado?

Dickson was all about Lord Zanza Lord Zanza instead of an interesting character to face off.

Egil pulling a uno reverse card and then getting talk no jutsu'd?

Your Monado? My Monado? Mayneth's Monado? Unlimited Monado Works?

It was way too non-sensical imo

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:
Spoiler

To go more in depth on Xenoblades later storyline. 

After you rescue Fiora from sword valley, what happens to the characters drive? What reasons motivate them to do what they do? In the ending, they kinda lost this, which is sad since the characters had pretty good depth to begin.

Yes. The character kinda dissapeared after that point

But even before that they didn't have much interaction to begin with, but atleast you kinda had the characters there...

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

I tend to find a quick sugary snack (mints usually) helps with them just a bit. But in my case, I think it's because there's been a bit of smoke in the air lately. Not the best thing for me.

Mine usually get better when I eat or drink something cold, like ice cream.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

get well soon!

Thank you! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
3 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Mine usually get better when I eat or drink something cold, like ice cream.

The irony being that ice cream fits either criteria pretty well. Mind, I prefer to use the mints because I can carry them when I'm out.