Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I guess it's time for la final dungeon!

Hopefully a certain, universally hated boss fight won't make you pay for your insolence.

Good luck!

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hopefully a certain, universally hated boss fight won't make you pay for your insolence.

Good luck!

:concern:

And thanks 😄

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, if you want him to be below level 30, you just cast level down to divide his level by 1/2.

Or the opposite with the level up ability.

Takes a while to get Tonberry to get access to LV Down.

Regardless, it's more efficient to refine high tier spells and junction them while keeping levels (both party and enemies') as low as possible.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Takes a while to get Tonberry to get access to LV Down.

Regardless, it's more efficient to refine high tier spells and junction them while keeping levels (both party and enemies') as low as possible.

I wouldnt say its THAT late. 

Of course, if your an avid card player, none of that matters at all. Triple Triad is easily the most broken aspect of FF8.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I wouldnt say its THAT late. 

Of course, if your an avid card player, none of that matters at all. Triple Triad is easily the most broken aspect of FF8.

Didn't say it either. It's at best half-way through Disc 2, since you need mobile Balamb Garden to get there. Thing is, it's still quite out of the way. You can't cross the big bridge so you have to go around either Galbadian or Esthar continents. The most convenient point is when you have to find the White SeeD ship, which is parked close to the Centra continent.

Mhm, indeed.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Didn't say it either. It's at best half-way through Disc 2, since you need mobile Balamb Garden to get there. Thing is, it's still quite out of the way. You can't cross the big bridge so you have to go around either Galbadian or Esthar continents. The most convenient point is when you have to find the White SeeD ship, which is parked close to the Centra continent.

Mhm, indeed.

I suppose that's fair, but as far as FF8 goes, I don't think you need to go that far, it's really, really easy. I usually just go through the game without fighting randoms for the most part, why do you need to? Limit Break's = easy wins.

--

Next Super Thracia Map!

SuperThraciaEnglish008.png.7526b3485457f64d404df3db3ee4be6e.png

This one is a walk in the park, not much to say, really. The next one... oh god, the next map is THE WORST in the game.

I want to be spared, but I want Alfred and Olwen on my army.

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, Armagon said:

@Shrimperor @DragonFlames @lightcosmo incoming bruh moment: https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/aocs/70050000019769

So turns out, Million Arthur is DLC in the Switch version of Megadimension..........in Japan.

Awww, so i'll never get to experience it? That's too bad! How good is she? Like, is she good in combat/ a fun personality?

Why no awesome final dungeon music tho

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimperor @DragonFlames @lightcosmo incoming bruh moment: https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/aocs/70050000019769

So turns out, Million Arthur is DLC in the Switch version of Megadimension..........in Japan.

Randy.bruh

Was playing some Xenoblade 2 and started playing as other characters for fun, since I usually don't, and here's what I learned so far:

Zeke is super fun to play as, I totally missed this opportunity. Shame on me, I know.

Morag is actually pretty good throughout the storyline fights, pretty much nothing can hit her.

There are a lot of strange/odd combos I can throw out there and have a blast, even if it isn't "great".

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes to both.

Darn, that's too bad. What does she do?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why no awesome final dungeon music tho

It'll come, don't worry 😉.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Darn, that's too bad. What does she do?

Likely taken from the game she represents, her whole thing is summoning spirits for battle. It's not an actual summoning though, it's just attack skills.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Likely taken from the game she represents, her whole thing is summoning spirits for battle. It's not an actual summoning though, it's just attack skills.

Sounds neat: Maybe Smash U could get the memo? :B):

Finally beat Megaman battle network 5! I'm pretty sure I jumped out of my chair and screamed at the top of my lungs in excitement as well.

took me 22 hours to complete it and I suck at battle network games, really badly. But i'm really proud of myself, I was getting pretty discouraged from failing so many times.

14917761_Megaman5.png.65a59bae7460fc65e5cfb2c867974dd4.png

Edited by lightcosmo

22 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Whoa...

Your like an encyclopedia of info for Xenoblade Chronicles X, makes me look pretty small time in comparison. I know alot about the combat, but that's about it. 

It's super awesome that you know all of that!

I've tried to take up learning a ton of XCX minutiae for random reasons, as all my note-taking on the various friendly aliens and gameplay alike would indicate. 😆

---

Another XCX log:

Spoiler

I spent an entire play session farming those materials for five Extend Overdrive V Augments I had wanted earlier. I decked out all four characters in store-bought C&C gear, which now that I had maxed out that AM included Treasure Sensor on everything. It still took a while to get these rare drops, even the easiest part the Terebra Paw Stamps took like 20 minutes. I used my Skell to 1-2 shot everything, but it probably would've been faster had I not used it on the Progens, because Skells can't target certain appendages on smaller enemies, including the "wings" on the Progens, which had I broke would've given me those Silver Progen Wings a good deal quicker.

The results of all this grinding? I equipped some already-slotted armor and tried Overdrive using my usual Photon Saber-Psycho Launchers setup, and I saw the results immediately, the extra 28 seconds made an astronomical difference! I don't know how long unaltered OD lasts, but when I mentally counted earlier I thought it was maybe 20 second. I didn't fully test it, but I'm sure I could make OD work with my old Knife+Raygun combo now, or something even less OD-friendly like Shield + Sniper Rifle. The era of unceasing OD for all has finally come!

Besides the above, between that play session and the next, I completed: Lao's 2nd Affinity Mission as required for Chapter 8, resolved a lingering quest asking for some Aprica antlers, fetched materials to build autosentries for the Lake Biahno plant and fought one. Lastly, I killed 1-2-4-6-10 Visigels on the outskirts of Cauldros, which I approached by sea, Skells hover over water at a good clip, waaaaay better than doing the breaststroke.

During all of the above and the farming, I got Elma and Lin to level 30, that way I could arm them with good Skells just in case for Chapter 8. I bought a Mastema and an Inferno, giving the former to Lin and the latter to Elma for now. Later, even though I didn't need it right now, I went and bought a Lailah for a fourth level 30 Skell. I had 2.1 million Credits before buying and selectively outfitting these Skells, I had 800k left afterwards.

I spent an obsessive 45 minutes or more on customizing the paint jobs of my Skells. On my first XCX run, I left every Skell with its default name and fresh-off-the-factory line colors, now, I saw the serial number names as lifeless, and their prints as soul-crushingly bland. My earlier makeover of an Amdusias to the color scheme of the El Stier had grown on me, I knew I could do the same with other Skells and the right inspirations. 

First, I painted and renamed the Mastema to align with the Seibzehn. I hated the end results, my first try looked like the Union Jack, and the last draft was too dark, too red and I just couldn't get the color palette of Seibzehn to work. It was so bothersome I returned after I finished with my other two Skell colorings and converted the failed Seibzehn to the Cyclone from Sonic Adventure 2, that was a charming success if I do say so myself.

Second, the Inferno borrowed from my limited experience with Super Robot Wars instead and was made into the Rathgrith. That was chosen because the Rathgrith is a medium-sized mecha with bulk and a long-ranged weapon, akin to what I wanted my Inferno to be. Maybe the red could be tweaked, but I think it's cool.

What to do with the Lailah? I wasn't sure. I couldn't think of a Gear or Banpresto Original to use as a template. I considered the Crescens, a Face unit, or to go non-robot inspirations and use Aegae- no, Brighid! But none sat well with me. I wanted something with some alignment with the Lailah's Overdrive- reduces damage taken, heals over time. From there I thought "biomechanical", which led to thoughts of "nerve-machine integration", which lead me to Samus Aran and her hi-tech armor. Without looking up an image for guidance, I went about eyeballing the Lailah with Varia Suit orange with helmet red, bright green visor and lights, and filled one of the color slots with pinkish-purple for contrast and reference to the Gravity Suit. I christened it "Chozoskell". I like it.

Although I don't need to purchase any more lvl 30 Skells, four good ones is enough, I think I'll do so later anyhow (though saving up for the level 50s to up my ante in the final battle isn't a bad plan). I was going to repaint the Verus into the Weltall, but considering its color scheme is similar to Seibzehn, I'm wary it'd be an abject aesthetic flop.

And a factoid about the Prone- one human said they consume 20 times the amount of food than that of humans. Also, a different NPC said Ma-non can get drunk, I wish I could actually converse with one that was. 

Forgot to mention, jumping in a Skell is fun fun fun! They are floaty at the apex of their jumps, strange considering their size, but I do not mind it. I'm not sure exactly how high their jumps are, but it's at least double that of on foot. I can cross good distances, and if I was in vehicle mode before jumping, to vehicle mode I'll instantly return upon contact with the ground. I've been jumping for nonsensical joy just a little bit, because once A Girl's Wings are found, I'll never be able to freely jump again.

---

6 hours ago, Caster said:

The series, as long as it stays this way, isn't for me anymore, and I'll admit it, you can like this game all you want, but I will never appreciate it, because it's not something I like or want anymore, if you do, it's all good man, but I'm just annoyed looking at this series I love nowadays, as it is nothing like it was when I enjoyed it. Super Paper Mario was different, but still held true to what I liked about the prior two games.

Have you considered that new knockoff of old-style PM called Bug Fables? I don't care for indies all that much myself, and I personally want Paper Mario, not something else, so I understand if that doesn't work for you.

Also, just to slightly correct you, don't forget that Thousand Year Door had the airplane and other "curses", the paper was a little more than purely aesthetic, but you're right that it didn't dominate the way paper and related creative media dominate the newer games in their gameplay. And lets not forget, the Japanese name for Paper Mario is "Mario Story". I ain't calling the old writing deep- thats nuts, but how the lightheartedness and charm was in the old games differed from how it was done in SS and I would presume CS and OK. 

--

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20190420_1312552.jpg?width=431&height=431

Screen-Shot-2020-07-26-at-10-13-02-PM.pn

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Spike minions...

Why

25 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's the Xenoblade way doncha know.

Only in Xenoblade 1. Cause Monolith went "haha whoops" and Spike damage now has like almost no presence in the other games.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Only in Xenoblade 1. Cause Monolith went "haha whoops" and Spike damage now has like almost no presence in the other games.

That's what I meant.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, looking at the Wiki b/c I've crowned myself the Master of Mira here, it lists four species of enemy: Arenatect, Gerrid, Duogill, and Scintiure as having either Counter or Proximity Spikes. And 7 Tyrants, 1 later story boss, 1 final battle enemy, and the Yggralith Zero. 

None of those species are either that common or something you're forced to fight (Mira's size and lack of linearity makes only the most common enemy types anything you'll have to battle), and of the Tyrants, only Caspar, the Unhealthy Eater is realistically killable before the postgame.

To add to this, mitigating Spike damage is easier in that you don't need to use up Gem/Augment slots or Skill slots for it alone. Every Spike deals damage of a specific attribute, so equipping gear that provides resistance to that attribute will cut back on the damage received. Since the attribute of the Spike probably tends to be a common attribute elsewhere in that enemy's arsenal, that resistance should come in handy during the entire fight.

No wonder I never noticed Spike in XCX besides Yggralith and Endbringer, it was really scaled back.

There are four Auras in XCX that let you Spike the enemy for a change, but gradual damage like that is something I've never considered relying on. Why go slow and steady when I can go fast and heavy?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

One thing I didn't like about Xenoblade X: Tobias, I believe his name is? I hate that guy, and his research probing contest, it's very annoying.

get 100,000 in one return, like its nothing.

one of my favorite sidequests of that game is the professor B. Quests.

Edited by lightcosmo