• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Actually, I'd say some of Sky SC's battles rival some of the more difficult FE games in challenge.

Nothing in FE comes close to Nightmare Löwe haha

Or Nightmare Spoiler Battle in Sky3rd. A battle so hard if you lose the game will offer you to lower the difficulty xD

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, I wouldn't say so, tbh.

Although I don't know much about Lynette to say one way or the other on that end.

Spoiler

I am just meme'ing about the whole non blood sibling romance thing xD

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I don't think I'd be able to get very far on hard

SC prologue on Hard makes grown man cry and kicks them back to normal difficulty, i will say that much.

And the difficulty designer wanted to actually make the game even harder as he admitted in one of the interviews, because without a challenge there's no fun, or something like that

That guy wasn't in charge of modern Trails difficulty if it wasn't obvious

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nothing in FE comes close to Nightmare Löwe haha

Or Nightmare Spoiler Battle in Sky3rd. A battle so hard if you lose the game will offer you to lower the difficulty xD

Did you beat the games on nightmare?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Did you beat the games on nightmare?

yes.

Well, except FC. Never did that one on Nightmare, but playing FC after SC and Sky3rd with their much improved gameplay is very hard. 

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Let's see. Trails in the Sky (atleast the first game) is very small scale, and it's mostly helping the citizen quests and stuff while something big is going on. Like Berwick.

Look at the Quest Board:

Bracer_guild_quest_board_sc-vista.jpg

doesn't remind you of something?

Game is also hard if you play on hard or Nightmare... but i don't recommend Nightmare on first run lol.

Also Estelle is like my fav. protag in existence

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

also @Saint Rubenio here's how Trails gameplay is like

Although not from Sky, it's still the same gameplay until Ao

Note that i know the gameplay outside out, and everything about it, so it might appear easy, but it isn't xD

You know, more than Berwick, that makes me think of Banner Saga, except with the numbers cranked up to 11, which is... Not necessarily a good thing. Banner Saga benefitted from its relative simplicity in my opinion, and I've come to distrust games with ability lists that are ten kilometers long, because they tend to only have like two skills that are worthwhile, and it just makes things unnecessaringly confusing.

Still... Hm.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, Also!

Funny Last promise man

Okay I'm sold

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

39A67E2D98DCED76FA99CB104976AF64A3E9C061

Pffft... Okay, that one is very good.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, more than Berwick, that makes me think of Banner Saga, except with the numbers cranked up to 11, which is... Not necessarily a good thing. Banner Saga benefitted from its relative simplicity in my opinion, and I've come to distrust games with ability lists that are ten kilometers long, because they tend to only have like two skills that are worthwhile, and it just makes things unnecessaringly confusing.

Honestly, the number of jrpg series with numbers not going insanely high can be counted on one hand. Which is really a shame.

Also a character having access to 50 spells will always be cool xD.

Then again to do that you gotta master the Quartz system first

This is me playing Cold Steel on Nightmare. You can compare this to the video of classic Trails and you will notice one thing: The boss in this video never attacked once lmao. And i wasn't even using the truely broken strats.

In the video above i had to use everything on hand, here...well lol

Edited by Shrimperor

Honestly, the number of jrpg series with numbers not going insanely high can be counted on one hand. Which is really a shame.

It really is. Big numbers may look cool, but they are less convenient. I much prefer to be able to tell where I stand with a glance, and when everything does and takes damage in the thousands, it's much harder. It's one of the things that I really enjoyed about FE when I started.

Also a character having access to 50 spells will always be cool xD.

I dunno, it depends on the spells... When some spells are Tear, Teara and  Thelas... Well, to me it just feels like the classic JRPG pitfall of "this move is now outclassed by this other move, but it will stay on the list to be an eyesore."

But I shouldn't be so quick to judge. After all, I don't know if that's the case.

...is that the case, Shrimpy?

Then again to do that you gotta master the Quartz system first

The wha?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

dunno, it depends on the spells... When some spells are Tear, Teara and  Thelas... Well, to me it just feels like the classic JRPG pitfall of "this move is now outclassed by this other move, but it will stay on the list to be an eyesore."

But I shouldn't be so quick to judge. After all, I don't know if that's the case.

...is that the case, Shrimpy

Here's where Trails Turn system, especially on higher diffiuclty, shines.

Yeah, Teara might be stronger than Tear, but it also has a higher Cast time, which means the enemy can interrupt you or you won't be able to heal in time, while Tear has a really low cast time and you can use it to manipulate the turn order to your liking. Just an example.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It really is. Big numbers may look cool, but they are less convenient. I much prefer to be able to tell where I stand with a glance, and when everything does and takes damage in the thousands, it's much harder. It's one of the things that I really enjoyed about FE when I started

yup, same.

Edited by Shrimperor

Here's where Trails Turn system, especially on higher diffiuclty, shines.

Yeah, Teara might be strong than Tear, but it also has a higher Cast time, which means the enemy can interrupt you or you won't be able to heal in time, while Tear has a really low cast time and you can use it to manipulate the turn order to your liking. Just an example.

Oho... You know what this reminds me of? Live-a-live, of all things.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Did teehee accidentally dip into the alternate timeline?

wE'Ve gOt tO Do SoMEThiNg, ChRoM

...I don't know why that was the first thing that came to my mind. I guess there's time travelling in that one, so it fits?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Live-a-live, of all things

yeah i still gotta play that game. But busy with Kaga atm xD

Ah, also, In Trails the turn bonuses you can see beforehand. So you can for example see, when a crit will happen, and then you can manipulate the turn order to let yourself get the crit turn, instead of the enemy (if you are good enough)

Edited by Shrimperor