Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wasn't it she cursed herself or something and deeply regrets it? Or am confusing fanon with canon now?

She was experimenting with curses, and it backfired on her, with a result she didn't plan.

She considers it her punishment for her previous behavior, so yeah.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Three Houses ripping off fe4... huh? Let’s see, we have holy blood and weapons, and........ that’s it..?

Wait, Three Houses is a rip-off of Berwick? Heck, I need to play this game.

The whole academy setting and three lords structure comes from the fact Sigurd, Quan, and Eldigan attended a Military Academy together. And consdeirng their fates during the course of Genealogy...

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Gonna be honest here. Nyx doesn't look any different to me than the rest of (most of) Fates' cast as far as age goes. Most of them are teens. Nyx looks the same to me. Idk.

She looks tinier that most, but not as "tinier" as you'd think. Around Ophelia's age, I'd say. Do we know Ophelia's age?

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Adults do NOT feel the need to emphasize their age and how young everyone else is compared to them in every single line.

This kind of obsession with age is... well, childish.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. She's not just any regular adult, she's a really old woman trapped in a child's body with no way out. I can't say I blame her for being frustrated and making very sure that people don't treat her like a kid.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Your loss Ruben, your loss.

Dude, that was your cue to drop five paragraphs on me about why Tales of Vesperia is amazing! You failed me, Lightcosmo! You failed me!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, Three Houses is a rip-off of Berwick? Heck, I need to play this game.

Yes, mechanically speaking, the monastery is basically Berwick's city except ten times worse.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Three Houses ripping off fe4... huh? Let’s see, we have holy blood and weapons, and........ that’s it..?

yeah, even developers confirmed that 3H's biggest inspiration was FE4.

When asked on the academy setting they responded by pointing how Sigurd, Quan and Eldigan were in the same academy and so they wanted an FE based on that

Edited by Shrimperor

It's not a big surprise. We also know they based Fates "choose your side" from the Arran/Samson decision of the first game.

So pay attention to the old games. Who knows what might be the inspiration of the next FE...

It makes sense, really. 3H being inspired by FE4 explains why the plot took a much more serious tone and dealt with political intrigue much more than the Fateswakening era did. A refreshing change of pace, I'd say.

Kinda makes me wonder if they will indeed remake FE4 next, since it is sorta similar to TH...

One thing that would be cool for an FE4 remake is if they did a Garreg-Mach type thing for home castles, but made it much more like Kamurocho.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dude, that was your cue to drop five paragraphs on me about why Tales of Vesperia is amazing! You failed me, Lightcosmo! You failed me!

...would you even read that far? 

Alot of comes down to preference though. I mean, if you don't like the gameplay style, odds are you wouldn't enjoy it at all. Gameplay can be kinda rough around the edges at first, as the controls can take some time getting used to.

Ofc everyone will tell you Yuri carries the story but i disagree. Yes, Yuri's character is fucking awesome, no doubt, but the others support well enough to me.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Inb4 Plum and the milk.

But that's already out of Kaga-FE.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Kinda makes me wonder if they will indeed remake FE4 next, since it is sorta similar to TH...

One thing that would be cool for an FE4 remake is if they did a Garreg-Mach type thing for home castles, but made it much more like Kamurocho.

I've always stood that would be an awesome idea. More so since you spend at least one chapter in a castle from every country. So we could see quite varied environments.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

That would be nice, I'd say.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

It makes sense, really. 3H being inspired by FE4 explains why the plot took a much more serious tone and dealt with political intrigue much more than the Fateswakening era did. A refreshing change of pace, I'd say.

Yes, the parallels are clear. Edelgard is inspired by Arvis, Dimitri is like what Sigurd would be like if he survived, and Claude is Midir.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

...would you even read that far? 

What kinda jerk do you take me for lol

I may trust my instincts more than recommendations, but I make an effort to read and consider the recommendations. Sometimes they do surprise me.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Alot of comes down to preference though. I mean, if you don't like the gameplay style, odds are you wouldn't enjoy it at all. Gameplay can be kinda rough around the edges at first, as the controls can take some time getting used to.

What's the gameplay like? I've never heard much of this series, I'm afraid... In fact, I've heard absolutely nothing beyond the name and the fact that the main character is called Yuri Lowell. And, well, to be precise, I've only learned these facts from your earlier post.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

But that's already out of Kaga-FE.

Never stopped 'em before...

Diplomacy Tab:

Ug1oyWm.png

I guess I was wrong. German industry score got like cut in half!

Well, I may have been third place in military and industry, but I secured top spot in Prestige. Pax Mexica soon. Or not, since I can't bring this into HoI4.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Sigurd and Deirdre Karaoke on the first Augustria Castle? xD

It's an awful game. The moment to moment story progression makes no sense and plot threads and character arcs are always quietly abandoned at some point.

In terms of gameplay, it's even more repetitive then the Tales series usually is. With a ton of recycled areas and of course good old fashioned backtracking.
Often it feels like the game is trying to annoy the player on purpose. For example they never remove that carriage blocking the way to Capua Nor, forcing you to make a deter across a "dungeon" you cleared ages ago, with several practically unavoidable random encounters.
My personal favorite is that the final dungeon actually has it's own fast travel system... but you don't actually get to activate it by the time you reach the final boss. Sure would be convenient if you could just warp out of the building to quickly restock your healing items that were drained from the mini boss. But no. You gotta walk for like 20 minutes out of the dungeon and then for 20 minutes to get back to where you were.

In conclusion: Play Vestaria, not Vesperia.

Edited by BrightBow

vt1PqCE.png

Did the Tomes really need the -10 hit going from VS1 to HSoS? Kaga pls

Like it doesn't matter with Accorte because she has enough Dex to make myrmidons jealous, but the other mages oh boy

Huh. I mean, fe4 and Three Houses are my favorites, so...

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The whole academy setting and three lords structure comes from the fact Sigurd, Quan, and Eldigan attended a Military Academy together.

Did they now? Huh. I don’t remember that, so did they base a whole game on a random piece of backstory?

I mean it can’t have been that important, I don’t think.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah, even developers confirmed that 3H's biggest inspiration was FE4.

When asked on the academy setting they responded by pointing how Sigurd, Quan and Eldigan were in the same academy and so they wanted an FE based on that

Wait but that’s not a ripoff then, that’s just Ruben being Ruben

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Sigurd and Deirdre Karaoke in the first Augustria Castle? xD

Deirdre?? C’mon Shrimpy, what did karaoke mini games ever do to you!

Deirdre?? C’mon Shrimpy, what did karaoke mini games ever do to you!

I wanna see Arvid appearing before Sigurd and Deirdre in Karaoke and defeating Sigurd infront of her 😛

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's an awful game. The moment to moment story progression makes no sense and plot threads and character arcs are always quietly abandoned at some point.

In terms of gameplay, it's even more repetitive then the Tales series usually is. With a ton of recycled areas and of course good old fashioned backtracking. Often it feels like the game is trying to annoy the player on purpose. For example they never remove that carriage blocking the way to Capua Nor, forcing you to make a deter across a "dungeon" you cleared ages ago, with several practically unavoidable random encounters.
My personal favorite is that the final dungeon actually has it's own fast travel system... but you don't actually get to activate it by the time you reach the final boss. Sure would be convenient if you could just warp out of the building to quickly restock your healing items that were drained from the mini boss. But no. You gotta walk for like 20 minutes out of the dungeon and then for 20 minutes to get back to where you were.

In conclusion: Play Vestaria, not Vesperia.

Oh, so it's a JRPG? Hmm... Well, I'd still like to hear what the fans of the game have to say, but I've said it many times before, I'm not fond of RPGs at all.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

vt1PqCE.png

Did the Tomes really need the -10 hit going from VS1 to HSoS? Kaga pls

Like it doesn't matter with Accorte because she has enough Dex to make myrmidons jealous, but the other mages oh boy

Kajaran is shit at combat, yeah. But Kajaran is also the sexiest waifu in the entirety of the continent, so he'll stay on my team for life.

Wait but that’s not a ripoff then, that’s just Ruben being Ruben

I meant mechanically. The Berwick town and the 3H monastery are, mechanically, really similar. Main difference is that Berwick's is a menu and there's more things to do, whereas 3H's is a big place that you have to waste time loading every time and half the things you can do only serve to increase support levels.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, the parallels are clear. Edelgard is inspired by Arvis, Dimitri is like what Sigurd would be like if he survived, and Claude is Midir.

Wow, you must really hate Midir.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

The forgettable archer who doesn't do much of anything in the story? 😛

Yes.

Exac-fucking-tly.

Fuck Claude. The only thing saving him from the sharp end of my axe is the fact that he's in a game I absolutely loathe to play.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's actually like that for a reason, y'know. Otherwise getting one of Yuri's best weapons (and two of the fell arms) would be too easy.

The only good part about Tales of Vesperia is that the final boss will try to have a genuine conversation with the party dog if he is set as the party leader.

Not really worth having to deal with that carriage dozen of times, though.