Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

You know, given the nature of Curse of the Moon 2 and how short it's gonna be, i wonder if i should temporarily break my "three games per rotation" rule and add a fourth game on to it.

Perhaps i'll continue Shantae and the Pirate's Curse as well.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

I would not call Elice's capture a bad example, though it is unfortunate she's sidelined for 23 chapters and she's unpromoted when she returns..

And then it happens again except she doesn't recruited until the very last second.

Still unpromoted.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I have not! I have been busy working on my backlog, and thus had no time to notice, haha!

From what i've noticed, Arise seems to be going in a different direction than the rest of the series in the sense that it doesn't feel like a Tales game. I mean this in a good way though.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah yes something i hated about VS1 that i forget to mention: you can't block reinforcement points. I found that really annoying, and it seems it will be the same in HSoS

I wonder if it's because SRPG Studio just won't let you.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Still unpromoted.

Not true. The four maidens are promoted in the final chapter of New Mystery and Mystery both.

I mean, they're all kinda useless, but hey. It's the thought that counts.

So many pages... teehee is back to thriving! I was busy yesterday.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would have to wonder how someone can play Awakening for the challenge...

The horribly designed higher difficulties.

This is chapter 2 btw.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Loretsk running around curing and supplying his troops was super cool, though. One of those very Kaga details that's super awesome.

Laurec (I typically use the spreadsheet names, just to avoid future confusion) is established very quickly to be a cool guy. I like him. But yeah, this map can be slightly wait simultator-y because of the multistrike ballistae. I like the inspiration for it, and think it's decent to play if you go for stuff like the house on the cliff to the north, but yeah, it's just okay.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

>5 Mov armor unit with good neighbour

Y E S

ABRAHAM! He's great. Love him.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wonder if it's because SRPG Studio just won't let you.

nope, definetly not SRPG studio, considering there're a few reinfrocement points, even if rare, that you can block in VS1

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah yes something i hated about VS1 that i forget to mention: you can't block reinforcement points. I found that really annoying, and it seems it will be the same in HSoS

I could swear you could block a lot of reinforcements in VS1, just depends on the map. Like the Waguri guys in Endgame, I just put Prody on their spawn tile. In HSoS, there are some maps where you can, but it's rather impractical. 

EDIT: Got ninja'd. 

Edited by Spara

So, to those who have experience with SRPG Studio, would you recommend it and what about it is advantageous? Or would you argue for something else instead? And am I right on perceiving the DLC being kinda pricey?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

So, to those who have experience with SRPG Studio, would you recommend it and what about it is advantageous? Or would you argue for something else instead? And am I right on perceiving the DLC being kinda pricey?

The tool itself is neat, but the DLC is just backgrounds. Don't even bother.

Gotta say though, some of the units i got in VS2 already seem to be much more fun to use than VS1

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

what about it is advantageous?

If you know js, you can do anything with it, really, and there're alot of community scripts available

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

A damm shame the furniture empire went to war against planes, no wonder it got removed from existence.

Pft.

Well, as I mentioned when I first uploaded the pic, if I had actually fought all those soldiers at once, I might've lost. Since sometimes sheer numbers do win. But since it wasn't all at once, I could just wittle down the enemy stacks as they came in.

Still, planes are OP in Victoria 2. More so without the DLC, since one did nerfed them a bit. Mostly in the sense that you can't use airplane stacks for attacking, just defending. Don't know if mod further tweaked them. I know they did for some units, but I think it was mostly the naval ones.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So many pages... teehee is back to thriving! I was busy yesterday.

The horribly designed higher difficulties.

This is chapter 2 btw.

Enemies with Luna+ in chapter 2? Nice.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

Laurec (I typically use the spreadsheet names, just to avoid future confusion) is established very quickly to be a cool guy. I like him.

Oh, that's the guy you call Laurec. I thought I'd meet him later lol. And yeah, Laurec is immediately established as a great leader. Can't fault Kaga for that, he uses his gameplay well for these purposes.

But yeah, this map can be slightly wait simultator-y because of the multistrike ballistae. I like the inspiration for it, and think it's decent to play if you go for stuff like the house on the cliff to the north, but yeah, it's just okay.

I did get the house up north. Drake handled that just fine.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Gotta say though, some of the units i got in VS2 already seem to be much more fun to use than VS1

I agree, VS2's cast is already cooler than 1's. In fact, the whole game feels a lot more... experimental, just from these few first chapters. I like that.

VS2 has some of my favorite unit designs, by far. VS1 feels way less interesting by comparison in that regard.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

VS2 has some of my favorite unit designs, by far. VS1 feels way less interesting by comparison in that regard.

Garbage bag man.

Also convoy guy is on casual mode, right? Which means i can use him for some next level strats if needed xD

I... never actually tested that, lmao. 

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Garbage bag man.

Yes.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

... never actually tested that, lmao

According to my google-fu his skill is ''never dies, but retreats'' or something like that, so wanted to ask to make sure xD

FINALLY! TOMES!

FINALLY xD

Having 3 Mages in the army with no Tomes available (aside from PRFs) is kinda stinky tbh haha

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

According to my google-fu his skill is ''never dies, but retreats'' or something like that, so wanted to ask to make sure xD

Oh yeah, that is what that does, according to the spreadsheet. That's cool!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FINALLY! TOMES!

Time for the mages to start actually doing stuff. 

Ruben:

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my, Laurec's an atheist? I like him already.

There're a few characters in this game that have scenes where they talk about their ideas of God, and it's really cool. They're some of my favorites.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not true. The four maidens are promoted in the final chapter of New Mystery and Mystery both.

I mean, they're all kinda useless, but hey. It's the thought that counts.

Ah ok. Nvm.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The horribly designed higher difficulties

Shoutout to that one guy who did a 0% growth run on Lunatic+.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shoutout to that one guy who did a 0% growth run on Lunatic+.

Biggest masochist on the planet indeed.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck, blonde armor died.

Well, I'm not resetting for him, I'm sorry. These last few turns have been difficult enough to survive.

RIP Lucion. He's the better of the two crappy armors.

Well, I say crappy, but really, they're okay. They're the worst units in the game, and they're okay. 

Never mind, turns out I am resetting, because I'm an idiot and I let a village get razed to the ground.

I might have to reset the entire chapter. The team I sent to the south is not equipped to deal with this amount of Berwick lancers.

Spoiler

The team I sent to the south is not equipped to deal with this amount of Berwick lancers.

I forgot you fight the Iron Blood Knights so early. Those guys do not fuck around.