Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

TIL Scarlet from Fates is called Crimson in Japanese.

Well, I mean, at least the change kinda makes sense. Unlike Harold, who was changed to Arthur because... Treehouse, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''cute''

AD1ACE2C690B3EDA0CFAC4DE30DB14863B5B6824

Gear of Steel

This has to be the most hilariously edgy image I've seen in a while. What the hell even is this...

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This has to be the most hilariously edgy image I've seen in a while. What the hell even is this...

an ending where the MC kills her sister, and her friends (who are all rulers of their respective nations) to unite and save the world

zkebgiU.png

>port City of Cologne

Spoiler

C8saj3X.png

he is talking about Zade and Zech here isn't he

Man, i see Kaga is already going full on with his Ballista and Siege tome fetish in this game. So many enemies with it early on

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Something else I finally got around to during my absence is... playing Persona 3 Portable.
Storywise, the best Persona game. Easily. I prefer the P5 cast overall, still, but P3's was great, too. One thing that definitely stuck out to me is how the overall tone is the most similar to "mainline" SMT out of every Persona game I've played so far. But even without that, I think Persona 3's story does the best job at being engaging until the very end out of every Persona game, and the final boss is my favorite one in the series so far (and its theme is amazing, too).

Since you've enjoyed Persona 3, perhaps Persona Q and Persona Q2 would be up your alley. -Provided you could put up with the P4 cast.

The name of the games is taken from "Sekaiju no Meikyuu", note the last syllable is pronounced "Q", which is the Japanese name for the Etrian Odyssey franchise.

Apparently, the Japanese Persona fanbase really wanted a 3DS game, and Atlus prioritized the fanbase and gave them what they wanted. Blending EO gameplay with the casts of Persona. In addition, the meeting of two Wild Cards adds a little flexibility by allowing everyone to equip a sub-persona for additional skills, which will have to suffice, because an EO class system doesn't exist.

The first game Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, consists of the Persona 3 and Persona 4 casts teaming up, with the player able to choose which team they start with. The other will join up during the second stratum. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth, which focuses primarily on the P5 cast, then adds the P3 FeMC who wasn't in the first PQ, and hands you the P4 cast later, and the P3 team after that, both of whom are just along for the ride. You're free in both games to mix and match members, so P3 MC, FeMC, P4 MC, Joker, and Akechi is perfectly possible in Q2.

I'm told they're significantly easier than Etrian Odyssey, and that they don't have a postgame stratum, which is very disappointing to me. The stories aren't really anything to write home about, and apparently the first game tends to reduce the characters to annoying single-note personalities. I never played either, because I've not played any Persona besides a little of P1, the first game of P2, and watched an LP of the second game of P2. If you wanted to draw me in, you'd need Tatsuya Suou.

But, perhaps an actual Persona fan would enjoy them. Maybe.

Oh nice! I still want to play Luminous Arc, too, just because it is related to Stella Glow, so this is good news!

Related might be putting it a little mildly...

439710.jpg526847.jpg

The Roland I know to the left, Alto you know to the right.

I know it's the exact same company, but every other "spiritual successor" game I've seen has tried a little harder to hide their imitation.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

zkebgiU.png

>port City of Cologne

*Looks at the location on the map*

Bothered by the fact the IRL city in your home country is nowhere near the ocean?

Although, I don't know if it is the case nowadays, I've read river traffic through Germany was very profitable (and taxed like crazy) centuries ago, and Cologne is on a river. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bothered by the fact the IRL city in your home country is nowhere near the ocean?

Well, Germany is nowhere near an ocean to begin with. Only North Sea and Baltic Sea

I was more thinking since Zade is coming to my country i should take a train and go visit him xD

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Uhh... i got the ending geared towards Planeptune, as i didn't wanna use any guides the first playthrough. it's on my list to play again though!

Alright!
I have some endings left to get myself, so I might go back to this game eventually, too!

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''cute''

AD1ACE2C690B3EDA0CFAC4DE30DB14863B5B6824

Gear of Steel

It's all coming back to me. Oh god...
Stamp273.png

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To add on to what Shrimpy said, said route/ending was also the second time a video game ever made me cry.
The first was a certain scene and the ending of Tales of Xillia 2
The third time was that Blue Reflection game I've shilled today. That last one was the only time any game brought me to tears with its music, too.
Namely this theme:

29 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Morning all.

Morning!

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since you've enjoyed Persona 3, perhaps Persona Q and Persona Q2 would be up your alley. -Provided you could put up with the P4 cast.

The name of the games is taken from "Sekaiju no Meikyuu", note the last syllable is pronounced "Q", which is the Japanese name for the Etrian Odyssey franchise.

Apparently, the Japanese Persona fanbase really wanted a 3DS game, and Atlus prioritized the fanbase and gave them what they wanted. Blending EO gameplay with the casts of Persona. In addition, the meeting of two Wild Cards adds a little flexibility by allowing everyone to equip a sub-persona for additional skills, which will have to suffice, because an EO class system doesn't exist.

The first game Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, consists of the Persona 3 and Persona 4 casts teaming up, with the player able to choose which team they start with. The other will join up during the second stratum. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth, which focuses primarily on the P5 cast, then adds the P3 FeMC who wasn't in the first PQ, and hands you the P4 cast later, and the P3 team after that, both of whom are just along for the ride. You're free in both games to mix and match members, so P3 MC, FeMC, P4 MC, Joker, and Akechi is perfectly possible in Q2.

I'm told they're significantly easier than Etrian Odyssey, and that they don't have a postgame stratum, which is very disappointing to me. The stories aren't really anything to write home about, and apparently the first game tends to reduce the characters to annoying single-note personalities. I never played either, because I've not played any Persona besides a little of P1, the first game of P2, and watched an LP of the second game of P2. If you wanted to draw me in, you'd need Tatsuya Suou.

But, perhaps an actual Persona fan would enjoy them. Maybe.

I might look into these, since I did hear they're basically Persona with EO gameplay, and I really enjoy EO gameplay.
Though hearing that they've reduced the characters to a single trait of theirs is... not great news, exactly.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Related might be putting it a little mildly...

439710.jpg526847.jpg

The Roland I know to the left, Alto you know to the right.

I know it's the exact same company, but every other "spiritual successor" game I've seen has tried a little harder to hide their imitation.

That really does look like it's the same guy.
Huh! Interesting!

---

On that note:

I have to compensate for my absence.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though hearing that they've reduced the characters to a single trait of theirs is... not great news, exactly.

Some of the absolute worst of it I've read (yes, I read about a game I'll never play) was given to the characters of Akihiko and Chie, who both were reduced to "We ❤️ meat!". 

I'm not entirely sure, but Q2 might've been better with the characters. It's not like they could give everyone a brand new character arc that they had to split with the heroes of another one or two games in an Etrian Odyssey, but this is still bad.

On the positive side, in gameplay, you can also pick which game's navigator you want to bring along with your fighting five.

Alright!
I have some endings left to get myself, so I might go back to this game eventually, too!

Wait... how many are there?!

>5 Mov armor unit with good neighbour

Y E S

m4j01aA.png

Now those are support bonuses

Ruben's right tho, map has been more of a wait simulator...

Edited by Shrimperor

TIL there's a DLC map in Fates that lets you capture all the capturable bosses in the paralogues. This lets you access Funke, Daichi and Tarba in Best Route, but more than that, it lets you build an army of Candaces. Now there's a thought... Shame about Daniela, though. The only unique capturable that isn't available in Conquest. F

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, i love how i can't attack enemy ballista and Siege users with 1 RNG weapon because they are behind reinforcement tiles, which are blocked.

The map seemed to be more like one of those plot maps that Kaga is so fond of... Except the language barrier kinda messed with that.

Loretsk running around curing and supplying his troops was super cool, though. One of those very Kaga details that's super awesome.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Except the language barrier kinda messed with that.

not so bad for me as i already played Thracia in that way haha

build an army of Candaces

T H I C C

Shame about Daniela, though. The only unique capturable that isn't available in Conquest. F

As the guy who used her in Birthright, she only gets Savage Blow and troubadour skills. You could just capture her in BR, then buy her in Conquest if you really wanted.

She also has a glitch where if you reclass her to Dark Falcon she's riding a horse instead of a pegasus so she flies without wings.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

not so bad for me as i already played Thracia in that way haha

Haha, well, good for you. I think I'll continue the game for now, but it does annoy me, not gonna lie.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

T H I C C

Seriously though, I know I shouldn't. An army of royals is the best idea when playing Conquest. These units have no supports, no personal skills, not even lines. It's not a good idea to use them.

...But I can't help it, recruiting bosses is such a funny idea, I love it. I want all of the bosses, all of them.

Just now, Dayni said:

As the guy who used her in Birthright, she only gets Savage Blow and troubadour skills. You could just capture her in BR, then buy her in Conquest if you really wanted.

That's too much trouble, it'd require playing Birthright.

Just now, Dayni said:

She also has a glitch where if you reclass her to Dark Falcon she's riding a horse instead of a pegasus so she flies without wings.

Hahahahahahah... Okay, that is just amazing.

Hahahahahahah... Okay, that is just amazing.

You think that I'd make a point of arguing to do so if I didn't mention it?

Edited by Dayni