Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

...And I got back to the final dungeon of Dragon Quest III.

Thank the modern autosaves for help bypassing a few nasty encounters, savescumming Prayer Ring use, and removing the need to make the trek back to the dungeon after any loss to any member of the boss gauntlet or the final boss itself.

I didn't realize the final boss needed to be hit with the Sphere of Light to make the fight practically winnable and had to find that out online, an NPC probably mentioned this and I forgot. With the ice armor removed, the boss could still be merciless and I almost ran out of MP, Dragon Quest needs to chill it on the deadly breath spam, and the Disruptive Wave abuse was a blissful annoyance.  Yet, I successfully slew Zoma. Interesting touch for such an old game that it'd keep the hero from ever returning to their own world (unless they actually did and that explains their disappearance).

As I have no intentions right now to attempt the bonus dungeon, I'll say I'm done with Dragon Quest III. Dated it is, being an RPG from 1988. But visually, graphics of the Super Famicom port, combined with some incongruous mobile port sprites, keep the game from looking bad. And autosaves curtail a small quantity of the gameplay issues. Overall, it hasn't aged as poorly as I thought it would've. -But don't get me wrong, you shouldn't play this unless you're very into DQ or want a taste of gaming history.

Please port the Zenithia trilogy to Switch, Enix. I never got to DQVI and I know you have the DS port available on mobile, which I don't want to play b/c eww touch controls. I don't need to play I&II, but VI I want to. And if it is feasible, please bring the West a version of Dragon Quest X. I know it's an MMORPG, which is expensive and not worth it if the audience isn't big enough, but I'll gladly take an offline version if all the expenses lay in the maintaining of a server.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so Wario But Bald just appeared on the map and inflicted love on fat blue armor guy.

Bald Wario has a PRF: the Axe of Love. When it hits, it inflicts the Love status, which makes the unit immortal for the duration. 

And he has a star next to his name.

You see where this is going.

Just now, Spara said:
  Hide contents

Bald Wario has a PRF: the Axe of Love. When it hits, it inflicts the Love status, which makes the unit immortal for the duration. 

And he has a star next to his name.

You see where this is going.

Okay this game is amazing.

...You know what isn't amazing, though? I'm going to have to reset the entire map yet again, because the stupid fucking green unit decided to fly into the army of super archers. God fucking damnit.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Seems like ch5 is the real deal huh?

Chapter 5 is tough. It actually has a hidden mechanic where the enemy types on the reinforcements have different "variants." In my run, I got the variant where an assload of Grand Guards on the right side. Was not an easy time.

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay this game is amazing.

Bald Wario is one of my favorite units, even though he's kinda ass? His growth rates are Marty-tier, and he debuffs all allies within 5 tiles by 20% hit/avo. He does have a 3% move growth, though!

The best thing about him, though, is what happens every time he gets a level up. Try him out next map to see what I mean, the guy gains EXP pretty fast.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw sudden ambush spawns when the whole chapter has been normal reinforcements...

Kaga why

And be wary, they're not the only ones.

6 minutes ago, Spara said:

Chapter 5 is tough. It actually has a hidden mechanic where the enemy types on the reinforcements have different "variants." In my run, I got the variant where an assload of Grand Guards on the right side. Was not an easy time.

So that's why they're random. I wonder what triggers each variant.

Hide contents

Bald Wario is one of my favorite units, even though he's kinda ass? His growth rates are Marty-tier, and he debuffs all allies within 5 tiles by 20% hit/avo. He does have a 3% move growth, though!

The best thing about him, though, is what happens every time he gets a level up. Try him out next map to see what I mean, the guy gains EXP pretty fast.

Spoiler

I already intended to use him when I saw his capture convo. I mean, that shit's just amazing.

Spoiler
Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I already intended to use him when I saw his capture convo. I mean, that shit's just amazing.

Cezar: the only FE advisor to take literal slaves.

Damn, dude.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

DJzWRTn.png

Stuff like that is always a mood ruiner

The second round is recruitables, too. Had to reset twice for them. Fuck off, Kaga.

1 minute ago, Spara said:
  Hide contents

Cezar: the only FE advisor to take literal slaves.

Damn, dude.

Spoiler

Not only that, but he forcefully bathes them beforehand. And people think August is harsh...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

ALEXANDER, NO!

THAT WASN'T THE TIME TO PROC ADEPT TWICE, YOU ABSOLUTE FUCK!

I'll go grab a snack and then I'll try yet again. At least this time I'm only reseting back to turn 5, though... We're making some manner of progress.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ALEXANDER, NO!

THAT WASN'T THE TIME TO PROC ADEPT TWICE, YOU ABSOLUTE FUCK!

I'll go grab a snack and then I'll try yet again. At least this time I'm only reseting back to turn 5, though... We're making some manner of progress.

Suppose that's an improvement. But yeah, this map has basically no chill. Also, Alexander doesn't have Adept, I'm pretty sure.

Just now, Spara said:

Suppose that's an improvement. But yeah, this map has basically no chill. Also, Alexander doesn't have Adept, I'm pretty sure.

Adept, multi-chance, whatever you wanna call it. He killed exactly if he got it twice, and what did he do? Grr...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Adept, multi-chance, whatever you wanna call it. He killed exactly if he got it twice, and what did he do? Grr...

I could swear he doesn't have it, though... he starts with just Ambush and his budget!Supporter skill with Hestion afaik. 

Spoiler

He does get Triple Threat later, at least.

Edited by Spara

could swear he doesn't have it, though... he starts with just Ambush and his budget!Supporter skill with Hestion afaik. 

Wait...

Spoiler

Is the blue-haired one Alexander and not the other one? Have I just been mixing them up this whole time?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Is the blue-haired one Alexander and not the other one? Have I just been mixing them up this whole time?

Yes. Alexander is a Lance Knight, Hestion is the Cav.

Man, it's so interesting to read up about the Crash prototypes. Lots of interesting stuff to learn about.