• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

You know... the weirdest part about the Monogatari series is... that pretty much every episode consists of people throwing exposition at each other for twenty minutes, and yet it manages to be incredibly interesting. XD

Shaft's animation is genius, tbf

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

speaking about shaft

Madoka movie 4 announced btw

Oh neat!
I still need to watch that series, haha!

And speaking of anime!
One of my all-time favorite games has one now! The first four episodes already aired, but I haven't watched them yet, because I want to see the whole thing when it's out!

But yes, FINALLY Blue Reflection gets some recognition! About friggin' time!

NVoY6Zx.jpg

Wonder if this monstrosity will appear in there somewhere...
Oh my god, send help!

Awesome theme, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have returned.

01.jpg

Welcome back friend.

Perfect timing too, as I'm currently playing through Atelier Sophie DX and I know you liked the original version a lot.

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

just need to be in anime mood again haha

May I interest you in

Jokes aside tho, I can relate. I too couldn't find the motivation to watch anime again until just recently (guess what gave me the motivation).

Just now, DragonFlames said:

But yes, FINALLY Blue Reflection gets some recognition! About friggin' time!

There's also a sequel on the way fyi.

Just now, Armagon said:

Welcome back friend.

Perfect timing too, as I'm currently playing through Atelier Sophie DX and I know you liked the original version a lot.

Thanks! Glad to see you, too! ^^

Oh, nice!
I want to get the Deluxe trilogy, as well, but I haven't been able to just yet! But it's definitely on my radar!
And yeah, Atelier Sophie is a game I really like a lot! I hope you're having fun with it, too!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's also a sequel on the way fyi.

Yup, I heard! And I am pumped for it! With cautious optimism, of course!

And I've made it back to the Windstone in Trials of Mana, class changing to the 2nd tier is thus unlocked, which helps enliven the experience. The game feels like it moves fast, which is why I'm not having a problem playing it for the third time. Although next up is Laurent Citadel, which I remember as leaning towards a little tough.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything from the Riesz-Hawkeye playthrough, but Duran-Angela appear to actually get some half-decent interactions between each other as the lead story duo. I don't think Kevin-Charlotte had any main-story interactions worthy of the name,  I recall nothing of the sort, which is a sad because the awkward-half-humans could've been an interesting kind of hero & heroine.

Seeing the PS2 chatter here grows my desire to get that gaming laptop. But it's a desire I shouldn't have, because I've enough of a backlog that I don't need it at all right now. Alas, the "Ooh, shiny!" short, unappreciative attention span I have gets in the way.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Serbia and Montenegro united into Yugoslavia. Somehow.

That won't last. The way the history books described Yugoslavia to me, is that outsiders were saying "You look like a perfect couple, get hitched you southern Slav nations!", and the actual peoples who entered this marriage were like "Ehhhhh... alright. But we're sleeping in separate beds after the wedding night".

52 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have returned.

😄

Glad to see you back again, you're always welcomed here and always missed. All has been well in your absence. 

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Best strategy RPG I've ever played. Hands down. So much fun, such an excellent story, and such amazing characters (one of which is among my favorites now, and graces my profile picture).

By the stars above, happy to hear you really enjoyed it!😆

There is a reason my very first avatar on this site was the Anguished One. Io ain't bad either. 

I should get to doing all the NG+ runs I'd need to see the rest of the endings. I'll save Triumphant Restorer (the closest thing to the impossible ending that leads into Triangulum, minus the Anguished One joining and the killing of Polaris) for last.

Because nothing is better than floating through space as the world is rewound, passing by all your newfound friends, thanking you for the good times you've had together over one wild week.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And yeah, Atelier Sophie is a game I really like a lot! I hope you're having fun with it, too!

Sophie's kinda slow even for Atelier standards imo and I do feel like I'm doing nothing at the moment but it's not bad. I still like it so far.

The fact that the DX version also has Change BGM enhances the experience.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

😄

Glad to see you back again, you're always welcomed here and always missed. All has been well in your absence. 

Thank you! ^^

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

By the stars above, happy to hear you really enjoyed it!😆

Oh yeah, I did! Absolutely! It was the perfect mix of strategy RPG and the SMT gameplay that I like!
I played the first one, too, the Overclocked remake of it, and while that one was a lot of fun, the refinements the sequel brought elevated it above and beyond for me.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is a reason my very first avatar on this site was the Anguished One. Io ain't bad either. 

Funny, because that's whose path I picked first! Good old Angus! I nicknamed him that, because Anguished One was too long... and then he got a regular name. xD

As for Io, the reason I name her my favorite character from the game is because I can identify well with her difficulty to express herself out of fear of causing conflict.
Thus, her potential death was the one I wanted to prevent the hardest. Just wished there was an option to have her channel Lugh when on your side, as well! But she was strong enough even without it, but that is what the combination of Repel Phys, Anti-Most, and Null Curse does to you, I suppose!

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I should get to doing all the NG+ runs I'd need to see the rest of the endings. I'll save Triumphant Restorer (the closest thing to the impossible ending that leads into Triangulum, minus the Anguished One joining and the killing of Polaris) for last.

I definitely want to go the other routes, as well. As said, I picked the Anguished One's path first, since his was the path I was most curious about (loved the ending, btw), and I managed to recruit everyone not named Yamato and Ronaldo... with the exception of Makoto, whose Fate Rank I did not get to 4 before the cut-off point.

A bit of an oversight on my part, that.

The final battle was quite the spectacle, though. I had at least two nigh invincible demons (namely Titania and Purple Mirror), as well as an entire stock full of demons who resisted everything (like Loki, Alilat, Oberon, among others), so only my human characters were in any real danger. I think it is safe to say I exploited the game a little at that point, yet the final boss' three phases were still challenging enough!

I have yet to go through the Triangulum Arc, but I will do so in due time!

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because nothing is better than floating through space as the world is rewound, passing by all your newfound friends, thanking you for the good times you've had together over one wild week.

Heh, that does sound pretty nice, actually!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sophie's kinda slow even for Atelier standards imo and I do feel like I'm doing nothing at the moment but it's not bad. I still like it so far.

Nice, nice! Atelier Sophie is definitely more lowkey than the others. Probably the most laid back one in the series, to be honest. But that is exactly what I love about it!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The fact that the DX version also has Change BGM enhances the experience.

The original did, too! There just weren't that many tracks to choose from without DLC.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I have returned.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We’re all glad you’re back! The thread is a brighter place now.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We’re all glad you’re back! The thread is a brighter place now.

Thank you! ^^

By the by, what has everyone been up to during my absence? I realize I forgot to ask!
I did notice the stupidly OP Panne In Rubenio's signature, and Benice is now a Yakuza fan, it looks like, but otherwise, I'm pretty in the dark!

Berwick:

Spoiler

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

And in an unrelated event...

Le oops

Edited by Robert Stewart

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

By the by, what has everyone been up to during my absence? I realize I forgot to ask!
I did notice the stupidly OP Panne In Rubenio's signature, and Benice is now a Yakuza fan, it looks like, but otherwise, I'm pretty in the dark!

Ruben got around to playing Awakening and Conquest, so he has now officially played all of fe if you count Fates as one game.

Benice became a big Yakuza fan, as you also noticed.

I played fe4 and fe1 (finished both).

The Roger The Paladin popped back in for a spell and was saddened by your absence, maybe they’ll be back.

Twilit has been playing Ghost of Tsushima, if you’re familiar with it.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

Ruben got around to playing Awakening and Conquest, so he has now officially played all of fe if you count Fates as one game.

Benice became a big Yakuza fan, as you also noticed.

I played fe4 and fe1.

The Roger The Paladin popped back in for a spell and was saddened by your absence, maybe he’ll be back.

I see! Neat!
Sounds like you guys had a fun time! ^^

Except for The Roger, it seems. I do feel bad for causing worry.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see! Neat!
Sounds like you guys had a fun time! ^^

Except for The Roger, it seems. I do feel bad for causing worry.

Ruben didn’t actually enjoy Awakening very much

Benice just started his fun time because he just got his first Yakuza, yesterday. I personally didn’t like fe1 that much, but fe4 was amazing.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I am currently on my half yearly Kaga ride. Just finished Vestaria Saga 1 yesterday and started 2 today. You can find my thoughts on it a a few pages back^^

Otherwise have been getting back more into Fate stuff, and Attack on Titan ending made me think i was too harsh on modern Trails for a while xD

Edited by Shrimperor

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Alright Monolith Soft, show me what your first SRPG was like.

@Interdimensional Observer I'll let you know how this goes.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm not sure if you were here for it but i've made a Backloggd, which is a very useful site for organizing the games you've played and any thoughts you may have on them. I have mine in my sig but in case you're on mobile, here's the link.

I figure it's faster to post this than to go over each and every game i've played while you've been absent.

Although i can post the Monolith Soft tier-list i've been working on

monolith-soft-games-4012-1617405252.png?

On the movie side, Godzilla vs Kong finally came out and i popped off and now i can say i've seen every Godzilla, King Kong and Gamera film, a combined total of 60 and i've ranked them from best to worst.

EyAR2i8XMAEyQVf?format=png&name=900x900

EyAR2kjW8AEO5PM?format=png&name=900x900

EyAR2maWYAMIHcD?format=png&name=900x900

EyAR2qOW8AMsT0k?format=png&name=900x900

This is faster than talking about games because i don't really review movies.

On the real life side of things, if all goes well, i should have my Associate's by the end of the year.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the real life side of things, if all goes well, i should have my Associate's by the end of the year.

That’s news! Big congrats! 🥳👏

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I've been making a Megadimension Neptunia VII balance mod for steam! 

Also, playing alot of Pyra/Mythra in Smash.

Getting the best weapons in Tales of Xillia 2.

What about you?!