Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's weird how he just keeps doing it.

It's not farfetched to say that Kaga probably still thinks it's the 90s.

He gets a bit better about it as time goes on, but he seems incapable of imagining main character romance where the main girl doesn't get saved from death by the main guy.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'd also vouch for Eirika not being as much of that trope either. She holds her own through a good portion of the game.

Ehhhhhhh I've got to disagree. The whole "Eirika goes to save Ephraim but then she falls into the world's most obvious trap and would've been murdered if Seth hadn't called it out, and it turns out Ephraim is amazing and got away so now HE is saving HER" nonsense is... not great. Though you could argue it reflects more poorly on Ephraim's character, and Eirika does get to save Innes from his own obvious trap in return.

What I'm trying to say is, Eirika is all right in this regard, but she's not perfect.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He gets a bit better about it as time goes on, but he seems incapable of imagining main character romance where the main girl doesn't get saved from death by the main guy.

He likes doing this so much that he decided to twist this in TRS by having the main guys fail in saving their love interests (even if it all gets fixed in the end anyway).

Just now, Armagon said:

He likes doing this so much that he decided to twist this in TRS by having the main guys fail in saving their love interests (even if it all gets fixed in the end anyway).

To be honest, I love that moment. The heroes fail miserably, it's great. Much like with Ninian in FE7, a part of me wishes they'd stuck to their guns and given us a bad ending...

Hey @Spara, remind me how capture works in HSoS again, please.

Hey @Spara, remind me how capture works in HSoS again, please.

Get one of the star guys to 10HP or less, and then have Zade use the capture command (it has a weird squiggly katakana).

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Surprise, you're all in one nation now!- the new ruler of Yugoslavia

The Serbian King, considering things.

But again, just Montenegro. So their desires of Greater Serbia... I mean, "Yugoslavia", will have to wait.

Time for day 2 of Yakuza 0! Will I figure out Shogi and Mahjong, or will Mr. Shakedown ruin my life again?

Spoiler

I like how Kajaran just randomly has the Vestaria 1 title theme as his battle music. Sure, why the hell not lol

Also, Zephgarus's log does not have his dialogue and Textractor still dies after two lines. Sigh...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Spoiler

I like how Kajaran just randomly has the Vestaria 1 title theme as his battle music. Sure, why the hell not lol

Also, Zephgarus's log does not have his dialogue. Sigh...

Forgot about that. Kinda sucks, but his most interesting dialogue will come later. 

Spoiler

All right, so I've nabbed Drake and I'm pretty much ready to go.

...I've a terrible feeling, however, that to capture the twins I have to lure them closer with Sheela, because Zade can't cross the broken bridges. Ahh, Kaga... What a wonderful man you are.

Also, I hope killing that dragon wasn't a mistake.

Okay, I'm going to have dinner, and then I'll play some more of this. Getting a hang of the menus now, so things are looking up.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I hope killing that dragon wasn't a mistake.

RIP Thaumite. Unlike VS1, there's a total of like 7 this time.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I've a terrible feeling, however, that to capture the twins I have to lure them closer with Sheela, because Zade can't cross the broken bridges. Ahh, Kaga... What a wonderful man you are.

Slayne exists. Attack one, both move iirc.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, so I've nabbed Drake and I'm pretty much ready to go.

CANTO THIEF! CANTO THIEF!

I mean, damsel in distress wouldn't be that bad if it wasn'T so blatant or of it sometimes goes against the story arc. I am not a big fan myself of that trope myself, but i can be done right...

Which Kaga doesn't do right imo

Edited by Shrimperor

Everyone having an opinion on Kaga and his damsel’s while I only have played one of his games without a script and fe4. Fe4 has Aideen and gen 2’s dancer, and I think that’s it. I mean you might be able to count Julia at the end, if you want to count her being mind-controlled/manipulated/whatever happens and being rescued by Seliph.

Deirdre

Kidnapping, mind control, pregnancy, plaything for power...

Wow, only thing missing is chains for the Kaga damsel Exodia

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Deirdre

But you don’t save her.

Unless you mean Kaga doesn’t need the lady to be saved to be satisfied which... 👀.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Deirdre

Arvis be like "Deirdre my sweet, there is something I wish for us to try"

Pulls up chains and a ball gag

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But you don’t save her.

Unless you mean Kaga doesn’t need the lady to be saved to be satisfied which... 👀.

It's more directeed at how Kaga writes his female leads and how weak they usually are.

Which is weird considering he did write strong side Female characters. Even in Vestaria we have Hoelun which became one of my fav. in that game.

But his female leads are usually in the meh territory.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Arvis be like "Deirdre my sweet, there is something I wish for us to try"

Pulls up chains and a ball gag

inb4 a doujin like that exists

50 minutes ago, Spara said:
  Hide contents

RIP Thaumite. Unlike VS1, there's a total of like 7 this time.

Slayne exists. Attack one, both move iirc.

CANTO THIEF! CANTO THIEF!

O O F

Oh, well, too bad. I'm not gonna reset for that. I'll pick up the remaining recruits and then I'll be off.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's more directeed at how Kaga writes his female leads and how weak they usually are.

Which is weird considering he did write strong side Female characters. Even in Vestaria we have Hoelun which became one of my fav. in that game.

But his female leads are usually in the meh territory.

It's funny how Tianna manages to be a better female lead than most of Kaga's other main girls despite being a non-combatant.