• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Echoes was a little bit too faithful in the gameplay. Not as much as Shadow Dragon tho.

Shadow Dragon's problem was in being the worst possible middle ground it could be. If it were more faithful, by not having a Weapon Triangle, and long range ballistas it would have worked better, or if it were faithful and willing to change the map design to make it less lance focused, and account for ballista's new range, it would have been a better experience.

I'd say FE4 should be turned into a Musou, the game has the scope appropriate for one.

As for FE6, it would be easier to remake overall. Whilst there can be almost no general consensus on gameplay changes to FE4, I think nobody would object to: the addition of skills and combat arts, removing ambush spawns, increasing weapon hit rates (with a lowering of enemy Str and or Skl stats as necessary for fair difficulty), better balancing the playable cast. Consolidation of promotion items into a single Master Seal would induce some criticism, but overall I think it'd be a liked change as well. I could name more probably.

I'm not saying FE6 would be more loved if remade -though Roy has gotten Smash representation for decades- purely that it could be done more inoffensively.

The Curse of the Moon games are supposed to be the spiritual successor to classic Castlevania.

I don't remember this being in the classics.

Yeah, turns out the final area is on the moon.

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Shadow Dragon's problem was in being the worst possible middle ground it could be. If it were more faithful, by not having a Weapon Triangle, and long range ballistas it would have worked better, or if it were faithful and willing to change the map design to make it less lance focused, and account for ballista's new range, it would have been a better experience.

It also failed to give Supports to the cast. Supports have their issues, sure, but Shadow Dragon has the most barebones cast of the post-FE6 world.

At least Radiat Dawn had an excuse in that most of it's cast already saw plenty of characterization in Path of Radiance.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Consolidation of promotion items into a single Master Seal would induce some criticism, but overall I think it'd be a liked change as well.

Yeah, I feel like most people would agree that class-specific promotion items are a thing of the past and isn't really needed anymore.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd say FE4 should be turned into a Musou, the game has the scope appropriate for one.

Can’t tell you how much I’d love to see that happen.

The FE4 remake we need, but the remake IS will never deliver.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Curse of the Moon games are supposed to be the spiritual successor to classic Castlevania.

I don't remember this being in the classics.

Yeah, turns out the final area is on the moon.

A shump segment out of nowhere. Not sure how I'd feel about that.

As for the moon, well, it's Igavania not Classicvania, but Aria of Sorrow does take place inside an eclipse. -Don't ask me how you seal Dracula's castle inside a phenomenon consisting of three objects thousands of miles away in proper alignment.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20210502_230902.jpg

You can't make this up.

Is this a Secret Ending or something? Because it doesn't feel real. And it reminds me of the true final battle of Sonic Advance 1, which was on the moon. Maybe Bloodstained be copying SMO.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Can’t tell you how much I’d love to see that happen.

The FE4 remake we need, but the remake IS will never deliver.

We don't need IS to deliver it, Koei Tecmo can do it. They seem to be developing a good relationship with Nintendo now, one that proved profitable between Three Houses and Age of Calamity.

But then again, Fates' final boss was also on the moon for no reason. So there is most certainly a way to ruin even such a seemingly foolproof concept.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for the moon, well, it's Igavania not Classicvania, but Aria of Sorrow does take place inside an eclipse. -Don't ask me how you seal Dracula's castle inside a phenomenon consisting of three objects thousands of miles away in proper alignment.

Magic

I mean, you're talking about the physical personification of chaos, realism was long out the window by that point.

It's kinda neat, the whole thing. Since they took advantage there was an actual Solar Eclipse over Romania in 1999. The one in Aria is also an eclipse projected to happen in 2035 in Japan. Following the pattern we can expect for Castlevania to show up again in 2071... in Mexico. Welp...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, awesome! I have been wanting to play this myself, as well! Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

And hearing that it is similar to Nights of Azure 2 in one aspect makes that want even stronger, considering just how much I love that game!

Oooh, welcome back, Draggy!

Finished first dungeon yesterday.

First boss caused me a bit trouble till I noticed how to dodge properly.

I'm still in the learning progress, but the game makes fun so much.

Also this theme is hilariously good:

Spoiler

I'm feeling a bit bad for Alice.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

But then again, Fates' final boss was also on the moon for no reason. So there is most certainly a way to ruin even such a seemingly foolproof concept.

It’s ruined just because it lacks a reason?

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I wasn't sure the game was worth it, but that most certainly just sold me.

Be warned you have to repeat the main seven levels three times each to get here. It's actually my biggest gripe with the game.

That said, if you can, have a friend play this with you, the entertainment factor goes up immensely in my experience.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is this a Secret Ending or something?

Nope, this is the path to the true end.

Well, I say true end, but you get here anyway. There's just a route you can take that makes you get here later.

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s ruined just because it lacks a reason?

No, it's because it's still Fates in all it's trademark Fatesness.

First thing that happens is everyone instantly throwing in the towel, not even willing to take a swing at the boss. Just so that Corrin can rally them again.

It's the usual shameless Fateness. Sucking up to the player self-insert at every opportunity. There could not have been a more fitting prelude to the final battle.

Edited by BrightBow

Honestly, I shouldn't be questioning why there's a demon palace on the moon. This is the same game where one of the playable characters is a corgi who pilots a steampunk mech.

So, uh

What's the deal with this house? I did all of the requests, and I don't see any sidequest this could be related to.

???

Edited by Robert Stewart

Honestly, I shouldn't be questioning why there's a demon palace on the moon. This is the same game where one of the playable characters is a corgi who pilots a steampunk mech.

Did the dog from Zambot 3 made it over there?

hqdefault.jpg

He helps pilot the titular mecha. Yeah.

Just now, Robert Stewart said:

So, uh

bws-1620011123.jpeg.e2f4b243b736b2b974bdfc2fcdb9e126.jpeg

What's the deal with this house? I did all of the requests, and I don't see any sidequest this could be related to.

???

It's for Arthur's subplot.
Unless he died at some point, his mother should have gotten a message that his father was seen in the area.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Following the pattern we can expect for Castlevania to show up again in 2071... in Mexico. Welp...

It shouldn't be a big deal, Soma can go back and fix it, he'll be what, 50? Not too old to go and take out a castle filled with demons well try to, he'll die and pass the burden to his 18-year-old successor 'dem laws of anime. And for better or worse, none of those demons will be Ixtab, considering having the eclipse happen over Japan didn't result in any Shinto-Buddhist "demons" showing up, I never saw Izanami or King Enma.

Thanks for the IRL info by the way.

Agreed. Old-school games could have non-sequiturs thrown in, and because limited storytelling capacities, they didn't need to explain them at all. Not saying I approve entirely of immersion-breaking or incoherence, but I did like the train ride in Ritual of the Night. I don't think it truly belongs, even if the historical period of the game would've allowed it, but I'm willing to turn a blind eye towards it, because it has that "fun" old-school vibe.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

It's for Arthur's subplot.
Unless he died at some point, his mother should have gotten a message that his father was seen in the area.

Oh, I forgot about that somehow. Big derp.

I kinda wanted to redo the map anyway 'cause Aegina got crippled. I guess this is as good a reason as any.

Edited by Robert Stewart