• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah i heard. They skipped over 4 episodes or something, right?

Sort of.

Riviera is Episode I

Yggdra Union is Episode II

Knights in the Knightmare is Episode IV

Gungnir is Episode IX

So III, V, VI, VII, and VIII are unaccounted for. Supposedly Episode III would've been a MMORPG taking place in Asgard, but the project has been on hold since 2008.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am enjoying Yggdra much more, honestly

If you want to know the Riviera bit that I know, the only Dept. Heaven game I've played besides a few fights of Yggdra Union...

Spoiler

IIRC, Grim Angels are Angels who make a sacrifice to obtain a Diviner, a powerful weapon. The gods in Asgard made the first Grim Angels to combat the demons of Utgard. Something about creating Grim Angels is considered taboo.

What you sacrifice to obtain a Diviner can vary, it can be a physical limb -Ein the hero of Riviera gave up his wings to obtain his sword the Einherjar- or it can be something immaterial about you. Not sure what the full gamut of sacrifices can be.

44 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Here's a CK2 meme in the meantime.

Now that is intensive play.

Although, a 4X is something I can readily see someone becoming addicted to, in a way that is very different from an addictive multiplayer game.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Ok!

For reference, the order of release for the mainline games (Counting Judgement as well) was Yakuza 1>Yakuza 2>Yakuza 3>Yakuza 4>Yakuza 5>Yakuza 0>Kiwami 1>Yakuza 6>Kiwami 2>Judgement>Like A Dragon and soon, >Lost Judgement

I will skip past the original 1 and 2 and go in order of the series' story progression:

Just wanted to say I appreciate a labor of love like this dissection for any game franchise.😃

And one of these is set during the Bakumatsu period if I have it right. Since karaoke wasn't invented yet, is there kabuki theater instead? Maybe, if Yakuza was okay with joking about the traditional Japanese art form, which I could understandably see them not feeling comfortable with, they could get a few laughs out of it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although founded by a woman- Izumo no Okuni, women were soon banned from kabuki

It's alright, Okuni at least had her other job of being the Shinigami for when she was barred from Kabuki.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

no

should i?

Aegina had too much HP and i didn't have many Cards remaining

Spoiler

If you rescued her, you can recruit Russel.

He makes for a good replacement for Yggdra, as the only other playable sword user of the game.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

If you rescued her, you can recruit Russel.

He makes for a good replacement for Yggdra, as the only other playable sword user of the game.

Spoiler

huh

Thanks for the info...

I might reset after all then...

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

huh

Thanks for the info...

I might reset after all then...

Spoiler

When recruiting Russel, you just need to have a unit stand next to him. However, if you do, be sure to beat Inzaghi first, or at least get his item.

Always remember that power of friendship ruins any work.

sc77js9qi5071.jpg

10 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Always remember that power of friendship ruins any work.

sc77js9qi5071.jpg

Can I add another to the "friendship sucks" column? Would "Accidentally results in giving the villain another chance at winning and making life worse for one of the heroes" count as something not currently on there?

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Archer is, oddly enough, another class that they like to use to justify the little kids. Which is a bit weird, because bows aren't exactly easy to use, either. I guess the logic is "they can stay away from the enemy's face, so it suits the little boys who couldn't take a hit"?

Fun archer fact number 1, when English Longbow was at its height every able bodied English person was required to practice with a bow every Sunday, and many started practice at the age of 6.

Fun archer fact number 2, the English Longbow was something they pick up from the Welsh, so more of the Welsh Longbow.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Archers, because they don't brawl up close, get branded as "dainty", when they need bulked-up arms for putting plenty o' tension on the bowstring to hurt things. Few game developers have recognized this.

Fun archer fact number 3 this regimen would work them up to Longbows with a 100 to 200lb draw by adulthood (for reference modern day Olympic archers find a 50lb draw reasonable).

Fun archer fact number 4 the training needed for such draws led to deformations identifiable from the bones, as their shoulder and arm bones over develop to compensate for the extreme muscle growth at a young age, and a hunch where the draw arm sits slightly higher on the skeleton.

Fun archer fact number 5 to get those high draw weights they relied on the Yew wood, with the stark contrast in hardness between the sapwood and heartwood that were attached to each-other.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Europe's mistake: Not letting the Habsburgs marry their way to a unified continental crown.

They certainly tried with Charles I-V (depending on which title you were looking at, although him being Charles V of the Holy Roman Empire, and Charles I of Spain are his most famous titles).

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can I add another to the "friendship sucks" column? Would "Accidentally results in giving the villain another chance at winning and making life worse for one of the heroes" count as something not currently on there?

Can you give examples?

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The Virgin 'prefers one over the other' and the Chad 'enjoyer of both'.

It's the bane of every shounen.

https://i.imgur.com/mqNTizu.gif

I can't readily recommend it because it's jagged in more aspects than permissible for that, but earlier discussion reminded me of this game's OST. GBA version to be precise, since it's what I listened to growing up.:

PSP rendition has a different name, but here it is if you prefer it.:

28 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fun archer fact number 1, when English Longbow was at its height every able bodied English person was required to practice with a bow every Sunday, and many started practice at the age of 6.

Fun archer fact number 2, the English Longbow was something they pick up from the Welsh, so more of the Welsh Longbow.

Fun archer fact number 3 this regimen would work them up to Longbows with a 100 to 200lb draw by adulthood (for reference modern day Olympic archers find a 50lb draw reasonable).

Fun archer fact number 4 the training needed for such draws led to deformations identifiable from the bones, as their shoulder and arm bones over develop to compensate for the extreme muscle growth at a young age, and a hunch where the draw arm sits slightly higher on the skeleton.

Fun archer fact number 5 to get those high draw weights they relied on the Yew wood, with the stark contrast in hardness between the sapwood and heartwood that were attached to each-other.

Thank you for the military history! I'll have to keep these factoids somewhere. Why is it not surprising to hear the English appropriated stuff from other peoples?

23 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Can you give examples?

I'm referring to exactly one game.:

Persona_2_Innocent_Sin_US_Cover_Art.jpg

There wouldn't be a direct sequel if friendship didn't get in the way and make problems! I won't say more. Unless you ask about the specifics.

600px-FEHeroesTatsuya.png

Why is this buried in Fire Emblem Heroes's data? I just learned of it. Someone at IS a fan of IS? 

There has been stranger stuff than this buried in game data.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And one of these is set during the Bakumatsu period if I have it right.

Indeed! That's Ishin!. The other historical one, Kenzan!, is set during the Edo period, I believe. According to these games, both Miyamoto Musashi and Sakamoto Ryoma looked like Kiryu.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since karaoke wasn't invented yet, is there kabuki theater instead? 

Yes!