• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Okay, Claude just sitting on the side asking if someone said Racism got me.

Also him and Byleth sitting there being pretty.

Just now, Maof06 said:

Also, can I run Trails on linux?

On paper, protondb says all the localised games can run.

Some need tweaking.

14 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

3H feel so dumb in hindsight.

Pretty sure it felt dumb ever since it was revealed that the player avatar was a "teacher", despite being a teenage level 1 scrub who couldn't possibly be qualified.

38 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's how that games style is, isnt it? The idea of that genre is enemy sweeping.

Yes, because you lose if you leave them to their own devices. Then your headquarters will fall or your leader will die before you know it. Keeping track of the battlefield at large is usually vital, because you can't be everywhere at once. So you have to distribute your time well.

That's not a thing in this game. Enemies just stand around doing nothing. The officer list doesn't even have lifebars and bases aren't listed at all. The way this game is designed, there is no need for there to be an actual battlefield. It's basically just a formality here.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yes, because you lose if you leave them to their own devices. Then your headquarters will fall or your leader will die before you know it. Keeping track of the battlefield at large is usually vital, because you can't be everywhere at once. So you have to distribute your time well.

That's not a thing in this game. Enemies just stand around doing nothing. The officer list doesn't even have lifebars and bases aren't listed at all. The way this game is designed, there is no need for there to be an actual battlefield. It's basically just a formality here.

What I mean is, it's supposed to be more relaxing gameplay, and that other stuff is all an afterthought. Too much thinking requires too much stress as well, obviously. Xd

Honestly, it's actually pretty stressful. Having to manage all the weapons and other junk the game constantly throws at you. The weapons you actually need get buried under a neverending swarm of junk that regularly needs to get disposed. It's so easy to accidentally sell something that is important.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Honestly, it's actually pretty stressful. Having to manage all the weapons and other junk the game constantly throws at you. The weapons you actually need get buried under a neverending swarm of junk that regularly needs to get disposed. It's so easy to accidentally sell something that is important.

Sure that could be set up better, but to say its overly stressful? Either way, cant you lock things you dont wanna sell? Not sure, just asking.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah, the demo did leave that in my mind.

Then again, I don't know how much worse it'd be than FEW (the other Musou I've played) from my brief experience with that game.

Disappointing it doesn't get more complex from what you're saying as well.

Edited by Dayni

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure that could be set up better, but to say its overly stressful? Either way, cant you lock things you dont wanna sell? Not sure, just asking.

Yeah, that's an improvement over the first Hyrule Warriors.
Unfortunately it's limited to only 5 weapons. Which is especially lacking for Link with the bazillion weapons he has access to. Doesn't affect how the weapons are ordered either.

And I mean, keep in mind that you take 4 characters into most battles. This stuff adds up.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah, that's an improvement over the first Hyrule Warriors.
Unfortunately it's limited to only 5 weapons. Which is especially lacking for Link with the bazillion weapons he has access to. Doesn't affect how the weapons are ordered either.

And I mean, keep in mind that you take 4 characters into most battles. This stuff adds up.

Yeah, I played the game a bit, and it wasnt really for me so I have an idea at least.

I remeber when HW and FEW had these similar issues, ahhh that was awful. Xd

Wait until BF48, then you'll start seeing the Riviera references.

YU is sorta like a distant prequel to Riviera, even if it's Episode II to Riviera's I.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

48 is the last map tho, right?

In the GBA version, yes.

Here? It can be, depending on the ending.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

afaik only on hard mode you get 49, and i couldn't pick difficulty first run

Pretty much.

YU has four endings, usually labeled bloody A, B , C, D.

B ending is the bad ending that can trigger in BF45 if you fail to stop Gulcasa/Bronga.

A ending is the standard Good ending, and the canon one, by finishing BF48 one way.

C ending is the one you get in Normal mode by finishing BF48 the other way. In Hard Mode, you instead trigger BF49, which leads to ending D.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

On paper, protondb says all the localised games can run.

Some need tweaking.

Proton doesn't work with pirated games

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pretty much.

YU has four endings, usually labeled bloody A, B , C, D.

B ending is the bad ending that can trigger in BF45 if you fail to stop Gulcasa/Bronga.

A ending is the standard Good ending, and the canon one, by finishing BF48 one way.

C ending is the one you get in Normal mode by finishing BF48 the other way. In Hard Mode, you instead trigger BF49, which leads to ending D.

Are C and D good endings too?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Are C and D good endings too?

They're... endings. It's inconsequential since A is the canon one, but what C and D depict... well, you could argue they aren't Good per se.

Or they can be. It all comes back to Riviera, but I won't say more yet.

Edited by Acacia Sgt