Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I honestly didn't know Firis had one of those, heh. Oh boy!

Only the first half. If you're able to get your three letters of recommendation and pass the alchemy exam within a year, the second half of the game unlocks and there's no time-limit then.

You also do have a month-long time-limit in like the prologue but this one's also easy, I finished everything with more than half the time to spare (could've finished it quicker if I didn't get lost lol).

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Out of curiosity, what does it translate to, roughly?

I should point out that Spain Spanish and Latin America Spanish differ here so whole Ruben is correct in what he explained, it only applies to Spain.

So like in my case, we actually would use it as intended.

Ostia is also one letter off of Hostia a.k.a the sacramental bread.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

think i'm gonna use a spoiler tag so others don't have to scroll so far. XD

You could've just snipped the quote.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

On the topic of Smash, that series has always been the equivalent of playing with action figures to me.
The characters may look like themselves from the source material, but to me, they lack the actual character. Not to mention, Smash doesn't do anything with the characters. It just references them, nothing more.

To be fair, they can't put in like, everything. They've gone all out for the DLC charactes, sure, but that's likely because they can be developed independently.

But for the main game, there is a lot of work to do. And then there's the fact that there kinda isn't room. Like you could overhaul Luigi for example but Samus? Sure, she has different beams that aren't seen in Smash but where would they go?

Despite all that though, I think most of the characters are represented fairly well. I can see your action figure analogy but I'd compare these more to those figures that go for $200+ instead of stuff you can find on the toy aisle at Walmart.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fei can't be important early on, because the stuff around him is too complicated and too fundamental to the hidden truths of the world itself you could say. You couldn't have the heroes learn and understand the terms Contact, Antitype, WE, Zohar, Eldridge etc. early on without radically altering the trajectory of the plot (our awesome Guardian Angel aside). They could've made a bigger point out of the heroes reacting to Id sometime earlier, but what else could they've done? Bart takes the center stage for much of the game, with a simple political clash over Aveh and Nisan, where Miang and Grahf can introduce themselves but not show their hands. And Rico, Billy, and Maria get their turns at the wheel, and Elly gets a moment with her Solaris betrayal and the later repercussions of that in Solaris itself.

Zidane says he can't remember his past nor his home. And none of this is really explained, just teased here and there, until the last two areas of Disc 3, which is actually more than 3/4ths of the way into the story because Disc 4 is solely the final dungeon. And the reason for this, is that Zidane's past is connected to who the main villain Kuja really is and why he has been doing evil, and that requires one long explanation about stuff that has been quietly happening in the world for about the past 5000 years. Not exactly common knowledge nor intended to be.

Fei I think you could say has more direct relevance once you reach Solaris's end. But that is the end of Disc 1 and Disc 2 is a mess, so it wouldn't be that much longer compared to Zidane actually.

So basically, while Fei is just tagging along because the story would fall apart if he takes center stage too early, Zidane could in theory take center stage earlier with a few changes to the story. That's what I'm getting from this at least.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You could've just snipped the quote.

I meant with my replies. 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But for the main game, there is a lot of work to do. And then there's the fact that there kinda isn't room. Like you could overhaul Luigi for example but Samus? Sure, she has different beams that aren't seen in Smash but where would they go?

Ummm, you do it like PM? Samus can switch between normal missiles and such and ice missiles and such (attacks, smashes and such are changed as well) done. Easy enough.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Despite all that though, I think most of the characters are represented fairly well. I can see your action figure analogy but I'd compare these more to those figures that go for $200+ instead of stuff you can find on the toy aisle at Walmart.

This... I disagree with. I agree with Dragonflames, they do not do the series/characters justice at all. 

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Ummm, you do it like PM? Samus can switch between normal missiles and such and ice missiles and such (attacks, smashes and such are changed as well) done. Easy enough.

This definitely sounds like the custom moves from Smash 4.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This... I disagree with. I agree with Dragonflames, they do not do the series/characters justice at all. 

I said most of them. Some definitely aren't represented well and then you have other characters where they just made shit up because there was barely anything in the source material. Captain Falcon is really more of a Smash OC than an F-Zero character really.

But yeah, for most characters, I do feel like "yeah, this is "*character*",

This time, on Dayni talks about SSBU single player:

Spoiler

So, you know spirit board?

I just managed to actually beat the Baby Bowser fight, even with a HP drain item that fight had me nervous for sure. Heart pounding nervous.

And them I shoot the barrier. Well fuck, now I have to beat it again.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I don't believe so, that would be amazing if it were!

Tbf some characters could be added who didn't exist when it came out originally like Rosalina.

Still would be nice, if gameplay remained more or less the same.

I remember a Mario Golf RPG exists which sounds as weird as interesting.

Also I went out for a walk and made some discovery. I saw a couple of turtles in a pond close to my home. It has been the first time I've seen turtles in the free nature. Didn't even know they could live in non subtropical areas, but after checking out wiki I was taught better.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fine choices, overall.

Just fine, hm? Hmm…

Hide contents

God fucking damnit, now you have actually beaten me at something. I have never been able to win the battle at the start of the mines. Ever. Lost in my first run, and though I tried it multiple times in my second, it was so hard that eventually I gave up (don't forget I was playing in hard mode in that run). And that's a pretty costly battle to lose, it takes Gudmundr away from you. So yeah. Good job, Sooks.

Ayy! 

Spoiler

Wait, the battle at the start of the mines? I don’t get it, what’s so special about that one? I assumed it would be the one with the dredge that revives other enemies, but I didn’t have much difficulty with the first one. If it makes you feel better, Gudmundr is not that good, he’s like a slightly worse Egghill iirc, but I’m not on the Ravens side anymore so I can’t really double check. He hit the bench immediately though.

When you say takes Gudmundr away, do you mean he dies or is gone temporarily (or doesn’t die but is gone permanently anyway)?

Thanks. You were... a bit off on the timing there. It was like 4 in the morning where I live when you sent this.

I didn’t mean exactly when you went to bed, I just meant I assumed you were asleep because it was several hours after you normally say you’re off to bed.

…Unless you mean you’re up at 4 in the morning.

His statements were (rather poorly) translated from French, so I can't tell you the exact words, but well, you get the gist of it.

The man's a piece of shit, that's the gist of it. I cannot say I'm too surprised.

Yeah… I didn’t know anything about him, just his games but… yeah.

Spoiler

As for the stonesinger, it was a good call to take it along. You'll see why.

Oli, huh. In my first run I didn't use him. I did in my second run. I wouldn't call him that great, but he's fine. Dytch is an interesting utility unit, because of a certain property that his invisibility has.

Spoiler

Well I was starting to doubt the stonesinger choice so thanks. I thought something like this might happen but I thought there was a strong chance that it could be very helpful at some point or another.

For me Oli has been fantastic. His ability is OP once you get him some strength and armor, and being able to attack at range but not having archer stats is very very nice. Other than him, Bolverk has been really good, but that’s probably common because beserk. Krumr has earned himself a spot on the team after saving the day in the battle against the dredge who revived enemies.

So yeah, overall, you've done well in this session.

Thanks. Is it too early to ask 

Spoiler

what you did in regards to keeping or killing the stonesinger?

I’m also curious what you did with your time before leaving the village the ravens are at, warning the families, taking supplies or looting the great hall? And lastly, this choice might not seem as impactful, but what did you do at the pool where you can reflect on the past, see the future or ask for strength? I’m feeling like asking for strength was probably the way to go.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This definitely sounds like the custom moves from Smash 4.

I said most of them. Some definitely aren't represented well and then you have other characters where they just made shit up because there was barely anything in the source material. Captain Falcon is really more of a Smash OC than an F-Zero character really.

But yeah, for most characters, I do feel like "yeah, this is "*character*",

Umm, not even close. PM changes her moveset when the player uses the right/left taunt button. Her whole moveset takes on the ice element on anything that uses beams and in most cases, changes animation/hitboxes/etc. 

19 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Yeah, that would be Mario Golf for the GBC or Mario Golf: Advance Tour for the GBA.

Peach has a fire flower alt in PM, and she has flame graphic/elements of her attacks in place of hearts, why couldn't Smash Ultimate do this? It's fairly easy, just run an (IF compare-Basic code and voila) that would be checking which pallete slot is being used In game 

41 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, that depends on when I pick them up arguably.

Besides, it's still hard to realise there's a part of me actually interested in a Mario title. Me, the resident "Who the Mario?" person on a Ninty fan forum.

You better become a Luigi fan like me, or else I'm going to be forced to kill you.

19 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

One such thing existed in the GBA. It feels like this is a spiritual successor of sorts to that one... With a ton more stuff on top.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ayy! 

Hide contents

Wait, the battle at the start of the mines? I don’t get it, what’s so special about that one? I assumed it would be the one with the dredge that revives other enemies, but I didn’t have much difficulty with the first one. If it makes you feel better, Gudmundr is not that good, he’s like a slightly worse Egghill iirc, but I’m not on the Ravens side anymore so I can’t really double check. He hit the bench immediately though.

When you say takes Gudmundr away, do you mean he dies or is gone temporarily (or doesn’t die but is gone permanently anyway)?

Spoiler

I've always found it extremely difficult. Guess I'm just bad, haha.

If you lose it Gudmundr dies. So yeah. You're catching up. Also, there's a different downside to losing Gudmundr. One that is... both good and bad, depending on how you look at it. We'll see when you get there.

…Unless you mean you’re up at 4 in the morning.

Of course not lol, I'm not that kinda guy.

Yeah… I didn’t know anything about him, just his games but… yeah.

I mean, I'm not saying to feel bad for liking his games. Just... well, simply pointing out that the guy's a douchebag and it does not surprise me. Seriously, Kara wasn't as bad, but the treatment Madison got in Heavy Rain was really fucking blatant.

Thanks. Is it too early to ask 

Hide contents

what you did in regards to keeping or killing the stonesinger?

Spoiler

I took it along. That is all I will say for now.

Spoiler

I’m also curious what you did with your time before leaving the village the ravens are at, warning the families, taking supplies or looting the great hall? And lastly, this choice might not seem as impactful, but what did you do at the pool where you can reflect on the past, see the future or ask for strength? I’m feeling like asking for strength was probably the way to go.

Spoiler

I can't remember what I did in the village in my first run, but I remember I peeked into the future at the pool.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I've always found it extremely difficult. Guess I'm just bad, haha.

If you lose it Gudmundr dies. So yeah. You're catching up. Also, there's a different downside to losing Gudmundr. One that is... both good and bad, depending on how you look at it. We'll see when you get there.

Why is it that every time I avoid a death that you got, you’re like “well actually there’s a secret upside to this” but when I get one it’s

Spoiler

Gunnulf.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, I'm not saying to feel bad for liking his games. Just... well, simply pointing out that the guy's a douchebag and it does not surprise me. Seriously, Kara wasn't as bad, but the treatment Madison got in Heavy Rain was really fucking blatant.

I can’t even say I like his games because I’ve played 2 and of those 2 one of them I played for like 30 minutes and went “yeahhh… no.” So no, I don’t feel bad.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Umm, not even close. PM changes her moveset when the player uses the right/left taunt button. Her whole moveset takes on the ice element on anything that uses beams and in most cases, changes animation/hitboxes/etc. 

The concept tho is the same.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The concept tho is the same.

Eh... not really. It's more than just special changes and they arent half done. But it's your opinion, not mine.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why is it that every time I avoid a death that you got, you’re like “well actually there’s a secret upside to this” but when I get one it’s

Hide contents

Gunnulf.

Spoiler

Oh, the Gudmundr thing is decidedly bad. It's just bad in a way that I personally believe actually improves the experience of the final stretch of the game. You'll see what I mean.

...Gunnulf's loss is just plain shit, though, no two ways about it.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can’t even say I like his games because I’ve played 2 and of those 2 one of them I played for like 30 minutes and went “yeahhh… no.” So no, I don’t feel bad.

Oof...

Well, Detroit was certainly the least Cagey of his games. I imagine other people at Quantic Dreams built a decent story around him. It's not like the entire company is him. That's the real tragedy here, as Dayni said earlier. The lower employees are going to get screwed over because their higher ups are pieces of shit.

I'd say, it's something of a slow but kinda relaxing pastime to see voting results slowly ticking in. Haha, so far my entire state is gonna be a sweep for one party (well, some of them in coalition, but there are also gain for them going solo).

... yes, I know, why did I come back...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

With IX behind me, I spent the past three hours binge-watching all the cutscenes and Quiet Moments from Future Connected.

With E3 coming up, and Future Connected billed as hinting at the future of Xenoblade, if there is a reveal at the event, I wanted to be up to date about what that hinting was. Although, I don't see much in that, besides the Fog stuff being grounds for a mysterious Gnosis... 2.0, 3.0, 4.0? Do the Ghosts and or Guidos truly count as Gnosis-esque? And are the Gnosis naught but Wels 2.0? In which case it the Fog becomes Wels 5.0, and what about XC1 Telethia, now the Fog is 6.0? My mind is so confused.🤯

I don't see how this would've been a sort of Episode 6, unless episode was supposed to be more chill than the prior ones. But the story was quaint, if slightly confusing on Alcamoth. Did the one year later apply to after the XC1 ending scenes showing all the heroes at peace, which itself is several months after the final battle? Because when did people move back into the city after the Mechonis Core?

But again, quaint, enjoyable, I liked it. Tyrea indeed went from underutilized to good, Riki got some subtle boosts into a good person instead of a total joke, his kids were fine. Although yeah, why does Gael'gar exist? He contributes nothing, his brief villainy makes no sense whatsoever. An intelligent humanoid villain is not strictly necessary for a story, you can make a perfectly good one without one *cough* Devil Survivor 2 *cough*.

Now, I'm not sure what to play next, everything is open with the IX and XCFC albatrosses gone.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

So basically, while Fei is just tagging along because the story would fall apart if he takes center stage too early, Zidane could in theory take center stage earlier with a few changes to the story. That's what I'm getting from this at least.

I wouldn't say Xenogears would fall apart. Rather, you'd have to rewrite a great deal of the story if hypothetically speaking, Grahf upon first meeting Fei said "Deus is this, Wave Existence is that, Fei you and I are this, Miang and Elly are that, here are my goals and her's". Suddenly, everything Bart is concerned about becomes utterly trifling, because what would it have to do with the real big bad trinity of villains? And I'm inclined to think not all plots are affected equally by this. If Elma spilled all her beans right after Cross awoke, it wouldn't change a thing- still gotta find the Lifehold Core pronto. And Goetia in Chapter 4 were she so nice, could tell us more about the Great One, the Vita, and possibly the Samaarians, but nothing that would alter the immediate trajectory of the plot- find the Core.

To translate IX into XG, pretend nobody on the planet knew Solaris existed and was interfering with the planet, rather than be a mysterious but known country amongst the people of the world like actual XG Solaris is. Although actual Solaris interferes a lot more in terms of people and actions than the IX comparison, although the actions taken by not-Solaris are still very bad for the world. Zidane is related to said not-Solaris.

Have I lost you? 

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, it's something of a slow but kinda relaxing pastime to see voting results slowly ticking in. Haha, so far my entire state is gonna be a sweep for one party (well, some of them in coalition, but there are also gain for them going solo).

... yes, I know, why did I come back...

>Election Night.

>Relaxing.

200w.webp

I do not comprehend. I couldn't sleep for days last time. And you're in a country where 90 candidates were assassinated by the drug cartels and hundreds possibly a thousand others were threatened with their own murders.

I don't think I ever will be able to again on election nights for the next couple years at least, maybe in a decade's time when I'm used to one party getting 103% of the vote, but not now.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

>Election Night.

>Relaxing.

200w.webp

I do not comprehend. I couldn't sleep for days last time. And you're in a country where 90 candidates were assassinated by the drug cartels and hundreds possibly a thousand others were threatened with their own murders.

I don't think I ever will be able to again on election nights for the next couple years at least, maybe in a decade's time when I'm used to one party getting 103% of the vote, but not now.

The election was yesterday. Also, I can't bother myself to worry about it. When I can't do anything but simply go and vote anyway.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, I can't bother myself to worry about it. When I can't do anything but simply go and vote anyway.

And there is where we differ. Politics is purely human, therefore, humans should be able to shape it. But alas, the individual does not have much say contrary to the "every vote counts" claim of democracy, by being so dependent on great masses and immovable for the individual, it ends up being a force as impersonal and natural as a hurricane. This deception does not hide the fact political forces are ultimately born of humanity, and therein lay grounds for anguish. Because unlike a hurricane, it was within humanity's control to stop -just not "your" control, which is so very frustrating.

...I have too much time on my hands, and so I can and do waste mental energies so, though it wears at my wellbeing.

At least I went to vote. Right now voter participation in my state is hovering at 38% from the preliminary results. Better than the 30% from last elections, but still...

That the violence upped the turnout? That'd be something.

Or maybe the Saturday Calipatria quake jolted everyone to it... lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt