• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Benice said:

I actually do think that weapon durability should be reworked-For me, that'd mean a repair and crafting system. Plus, since Link seems to have a prosthetic arm, it'd be super neat to have SS-styled crafting.

I agree, a repair system would be fine. But like, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they didn't implement it.

I mean, considering how often i ran out of space, weapons breaking was never an issue. Not using your weapons because "they break" is like not using your items in an RPG until the final battle.

I mean, yeah.
Needing to switch to another weapon after every 5 swings, needing to constantly switch your armor set every time, needing to eat food every 10 seconds because of how quickly enemies go from dealing no damage to dealing all of the damage...
You just spend way too much time in menus. It really is quite boring and tedious.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean, considering how often i ran out of space, weapons breaking was never an issue. Not using your weapons because "they break" is like not using your items in an RPG until the final battle.

Well, the reason I hope for a repair is because, especially on Master Mode, I didn't necessarily like how you didn't truly progress when you defeated a really powerful enemy, since most weapons break at some point or another. It's not a dealbreaker at all, I just think that it'd be a nice way for BotW to improve on the already amazing BotW 1.

I think they should add a system where you have to pay real money to spin a roulette that will give you a weapon. If you get particularly lucky, you'll get an extra good weapon!

If you "don't run out of space", you are really just highlighting that the mechanic is just pointless tedium that needlessly interrupts the flow of combat.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What they really need to do with BotW2 is remove rain or rework its integration with the climbing mechanic. 

Ok this one is true. I don't mind that the environment can affect your exploration but climbing in the rain was utter dogshit. Especially in areas where it commonly rains.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think they should add a system where you have to pay real money to spin a roulette that will give you a weapon. If you get particularly lucky, you'll get an extra good weapon!

Oh that exists, it's called Genshin Impact.

Okay, chapter 4 beat. I was surprised by a force of reinforcements I didn't remember existed, but Matthis heroically lured one enemy away from Kabage, so I didn't lose twice. Then the entire pirate force charged the upper group, so Ogma heroically dived right into the enemy lines to protect Sirius. And then he died. Then, against all odds, base Yubello proved unironically useful by chipping one pirate's health just enough that Arran could kill him with the silver lance. Aaaaaand then he died again, too. I will always remember him as the invincible warlord that he was in the lunatic timeline.

It's a good thing this game's cast is as big as it is, because I'm not doing very well.

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh that exists, it's called Genshin Impact.

So I've heard. It is apparently a big deal.

To my great chagrin.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

It's honestly so weird seeing X-Buster as just a normal attack. Considering in Xeno, it's pretty much one of her ultimates.

Hell, even in Namco x Capcom, it was her ultimate attack.

@Interdimensional Observer what's the status of the X-Buster in EF?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I've heard. It is apparently a big deal

When it was announced, Switch owners in China called it a BotW rip-off and destroyed PS4s in protest.

Yes, that is how the game first made headlines.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To my great chagrin.

It's actually a solid game. And the gacha elements are never forced, so there's that.

--------

As far as rain goes, I don't mind it hindering climbing, but don't make it near impossible. Let it slow you down somewhat at most.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok this one is true. I don't mind that the environment can affect your exploration but climbing in the rain was utter dogshit. Especially in areas where it commonly rains.

Yep, this. Areas where it mostly rains are fine as long as they design the areas around not being able to climb, but the game randomly saying “no” to its most convenient and often necessary to get some places feature just because is very stupid.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To my great chagrin.

Imagine if feh was the gacha that got big among mobile gamers.

Every time I play FE12, I tell myself that this is the run where I finally use Catria.

Then Caeda appears and I use her instead.

Just now, Armagon said:

When it was announced, Switch owners in China called it a BotW rip-off and destroyed PS4s in protest.

Yes, that is how the game first made headlines.

I wish they'd burned the game instead.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

It's actually a solid game. And the gacha elements are never forced, so there's that.

I mean, I have yet to hear of a gacha game that breaks into your home and forces you at gunpoint to buy fake currency.

Like, not being "forced" isn't much of a selling point.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's still a gacha tho. Even if it doesn't force it, it will still have all the fundamental problems of the genre.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, it is pretty big.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I wish people would stop trying to lessen the shittiness of gachas because "you can be f2p easily." The system isn't there to prey on people who have enough foresight not to invest in it, it's there to prey on gambling addicts and young boys with mom's credit card. The rest of the people are a smoke screen, if anything. It's a fucking disgusting business trick, and it should disappear entirely.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I prefer to pretend it does not exist most of the time.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Berwick remake but Faye is replaced with Jack from FF Origins.

I've got a better idea: Xenoblade but the anime is replaced by Senator Armstrong.

Much funnier game. For me at least.