Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Screenshot_3980.png

Never change Xiaomu. Never change.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of, where would Singular Point go on your Godzilla ranking?

That's hard because it's not a movie. But definitely in the upper range.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's not actually Sword Art Online, but it's an online game so it's basically the same thing. What was it again, NetHack?

What's funny is that i'm pretty sure .hack predates SAO.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It began in 2002, yes.

I think I even got to see a couple episodes of the anime back then. It aired on TV over here. 

The genre isn't new. SAO simply made it mainstream.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haaa, she referenced Lloyd's coffee.

Xiaomu is an otaku/Internet junky. Capable of referencing things she cannot possibly know anything about. She makes a reference to Hero Senki in the first EF.

I can't help but think that if Xiaomu were a guy, our opinions of the Sage-Fox would be very different. Being female makes her silly and very lovable, as a man... she'd be an unattractive, has-no-life geek, too real, too grimy, and very unpopular.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey it's like that Jeanne D'arc game DragonFlames was playing.

Damage and accuracy increases based on which direction you attack an enemy from, are rather commonplace in SRPGs outside of FE. SRW's Masoukishin: Lord of Elemental spinoff tried it back in 1996, and Final Fantasy Tactics (1997) -which defined SRPGs for quite some time before FE made it big- used it as well.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_3979.png

Now i will begin.

Here is hoping third time's the charm for a Monolith SRPG!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Xiaomu is an otaku/Internet junky. Capable of referencing things she cannot possibly know anything about. She makes a reference to Hero Senki in the first EF.

I can't help but think that if Xiaomu were a guy, our opinions of the Sage-Fox would be very different. Being female makes her silly and very lovable, as a man... she'd be an unattractive, has-no-life geek, too real, too grimy, and very unpopular.

Yeah, I've long known about Xiaomu to know she does that, haha. XD

Eh, I'd be reminded more about The Big Bang Theory. I like that show, so... no complains from me!

I DID IT!!! HECK YEAH!!!!!

@Shrimperor said a couple of days, more like a couple of hours 😛 And the scene right after that boss battle… this entire chapter was just Falcon trolling me. Hahaha, this game is gonna be great. My reaction was basically Estelle’s: (spoilers for a good surprise you don’t want spoiled if you’re interested in the game)

Spoiler

36wV9Tj.png

(apologies if that’s a little low quality, I had already pressed Z before I thought to take a screenshot so I snipped it from a YouTube video)

The actual ending to the chapter was great as well.

Falcom, I hear what's going on here.

The melody is really nice with this instrumentation. I mean, the melody is awesome itself, but still, I approve.

Spoiler

My reaction to seeing Joshua: 😮😮😮😮😄😄😄😄👏👏👏👏🤔🤔🤔🤔

The prologue was fantastic, I hope the rest of the game stays that way.

QdBs1vx.jpg

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_3979.png

Now i will begin.

You gave the first game a 4/10. This is an interesting decision.

Although it might have just been that part at the end with all the enemies that dropped your score so low. But wait, Radiant Dawn is your favorite fe.

52 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

This is a real official thing that actually exists. The memes have gone too far this time...

There is no such thing.

I do actually find it funny that the pokemon company would post this though, I mean I can now say I’ve been rickrolled by them.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Damage and accuracy increases based on which direction you attack an enemy from, are rather commonplace in SRPGs outside of FE. SRW's Masoukishin: Lord of Elemental spinoff tried it back in 1996, and Final Fantasy Tactics (1997) -which defined SRPGs for quite some time before FE made it big- used it as well.

I see.

Yeah i guess my SRPG knowledge is limited.

But this alone makes PxZ2 feels more like a proper SRPG than PxZ1 ever did.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You gave the first game a 4/10. This is an interesting decision.

Well just because one game sucked doesn't mean the next one will.

It's like if i hated Banner Saga 1 but then liked Banner Saga 2, for instance.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well just because one game sucked doesn't mean the next one will.

It's like if i hated Banner Saga 1 but then liked Banner Saga 2, for instance.

Well yeah, but if I hated Banner Saga 1 I just... wouldn't play the second game.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Well yeah, but if I hated Banner Saga 1 I just... wouldn't play the second game.

Xenosaga Episode II sucks balls but i still went and played Episode III.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenosaga Episode II sucks balls but i still went and played Episode III.

Well then, I respect your... openmindedness.

I mean, if Xenosaga III "fixes" the gameplay from II and I liked the first one I would probably play it as well, whereas Banner Saga 2's gameplay is just Banner Saga 1: deluxe edition. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I might try a sequel/follow up to a game I didn't like if it supposedly improves on what made me not like it and there was a good portion of it I did actually like.

Screenshot_4015.png

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well then, I respect your... openmindedness.

I mean, if Xenosaga III "fixes" the gameplay from II and I liked the first one I would probably play it as well, whereas Banner Saga 2's gameplay is just Banner Saga 1: deluxe edition. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I might try a sequel/follow up to a game I didn't like if it supposedly improves on what made me not like it and there was a good portion of it I did actually like.

It also like, depends tbh.

Yeah it is a case-by-case basis.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

PxZ2 has enemy flooding late game inflated af as well. Sorry, Armagon, but they dont quite learn from their mistakes.

Well the fact that countering is reliable, Multi-Attacks come in way earlier, and that turns are traditional should smooth it out.

Screenshot_4017.png

Not hearing the FE characters' English VAs will take some getting used to.

The same goes for Fiora when i get to her.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, it's interesting the way they reshuffled some of the returning characters.

In the case of the Sakura Wars characters, from what i'm told, Erica and Gemini were only connected by the thinnest of strings. So they swapped it so it's Ogami/Erica and Sakura/Gemini.

But it seems in most cases, it's just so that it's the other character's turn to be in the spotlight. Although some still don't show up. Like the .hack duo is Kite/Haseo, with BlackRose nowhere in sight.