Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

So even Banner Saga succumbed to the trilogy curse, huh? Why do you guys think 3 it's the worst one?

To not spoil things, imo,

1) It hurts its own narrative why trying to give as many characters as it can justify ways to die, when some deaths just kinda… kill the story.

2) The endings (any of them, though most I have only heard of and not seen, but I saw the best ending so I think it’s fair to say this) aren’t satisfying.

Those are the main things.

”the trilogy curse”? Do you think the third entires have a tendency to be the worst ones?

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, I'm seriously thinking if to actually make a LP out of it. Screenshot LP that I'd post on Serenes... or actually make a video walkthrough. Hmm... maybe the former better...

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And yeah, i wish Kid Icarus was represented. Like i said before, Pit and Xiaomu would be the ultimate combo. And that would potentially let the game feature the Metroi-*gets shot*

And this reminds that I heard the original Famicom had *checks* -Nope, not Samus, just someone likely a man with a name like Samus's and a helmet like her's on one map, that's it. And then there was that time that Samus was sleeping in an inn in Super Mario RPG. And the time that she showed up on Pop Star and gave Kirby a Heart Star after they froze a few Metroids for her.

Although, an Advance Wars support unit wouldn't be horribly out of place, have them order AW units to attack for them. Who to pick... Andy, Nell, or Sami I think. Toss in Hawke or Strum to make a non-fightable enemy leading some Black Hole troops you can smash, or Olaf to go back to AW1 specifically. 

Making Nintendo a fuller-fledged fourth PxZ member wouldn't be impossible, despite the silence of many of its most important characters, thinking like this. Even LoZ could work via either the princess herself without her hero, or some popular NPCs, like those Champions of recent. -Doubtful we'd see another PxZ though after the licensing fees presumably made it prohibitive to leave the two PxZs on the eShop. What other games have suffered that peculiar fate?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'm reminded when Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga would've had a bunch of characters cameo at the Beanstar Cafe. Samus would've been one of them even. But the final game limited it to E. Gadd for all of them.

19 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

So even Banner Saga succumbed to the trilogy curse, huh? Why do you guys think 3 it's the worst one?

I actually think it's the best one. It goes 3 > 2 > 1 for me. Maybe. 2 and 1 are really, really close, and I definitely think they're best enjoyed as one package. But if I had to pick one, 3 takes the cake.

I love 3 the most because the story reaches the peak of insanity, the gameplay is at its most fun and unique and, contrary to popular opinion, I think the endings are perfectly fine. Oh, and 3's soundtrack is the best one.

Also yeah I'm still awake. Starting to lose hope I'll fall asleep again.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Screenshot_4400.png

Oh i see how it is. So Raptor gets to be in this game but not Hsien-Ko. 

Smh

Smh

Smh

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

the trilogy curse”? Do you think the third entires have a tendency to be the worst ones?

Hey you know which trilogy doesn't have it's third entry be the worst one?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Doubtful we'd see another PxZ though after the licensing fees presumably made it prohibitive to leave the two PxZs on the eShop. What other games have suffered that peculiar fate?

The most infamous example i can think of is Godzilla PS4. Namco published the game but when their contract with Toho expired, the game had to be taken off the PSN. The result? This, combined with a low physical print made it one of the rarest games on the planet. Copies can go up for hundreds of dollars. Compared to that, PxZ's fate is nothing, the two games only go for slightly higher than normal. Heck, you can still get the second one at normal price on Amazon.

Despite it's fate, i do hear the game has a small but thriving multiplayer scene.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

”the trilogy curse”? Do you think the third entires have a tendency to be the worst ones?

It's not a rule but, yeah, it's debatable. The problem with third entries is how trilogies are often structured. For exemple, the first entry exists to give context and set up the world, characters, and plotlines, the second entry exists to expand everything the first set up, and the third entry exists to conclude the story. As the ending is the hardest part to land (and the second most important thing imo), some works don't live up to what was building to and the payoff it's unsatisfactory.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I actually think it's the best one. It goes 3 > 2 > 1 for me. Maybe. 2 and 1 are really, really close, and I definitely think they're best enjoyed as one package. But if I had to pick one, 3 takes the cake.

I love 3 the most because the story reaches the peak of insanity, the gameplay is at its most fun and unique and, contrary to popular opinion, I think the endings are perfectly fine.

Good to know, I love insanity.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also yeah I'm still awake. Starting to lose hope I'll fall asleep again.

Here's some anime to help you sleep.

LNEPTv8.jpg

It's Ruben in the Jagen's arms.

Edited by Maof06

Hmm, if I don't get a third one by tomorrow morning (local time), I'll pick it myself then... I already have in mind who, as it is.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love 3 the most because the story reaches the peak of insanity

Too bad a lot of that is locked behind doing poorly at the game.

Real talk though, imo 3 was very close to having the best plot, it does some very great parts, but its few stumbles are so big that it ultimately can’t take the cake.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, and 3's soundtrack is the best one.

I don’t remember any of the music from the trilogy…

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey you know which trilogy doesn't have it's third entry be the worst one?

Uhh… I can think of a few, but I can’t think of any you would name.

14 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Good to know, I love insanity.

At the rate you’re going you’ll be able to see all of it just fine, but there are problems with how that insanity can be missed.

Phoenix Wright's trilogy? General consensus is that Justice for All, the second game, is the weakest of the three.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Uhh… I can think of a few, but I can’t think of any you would name.

• Xenosaga
  • Heisei Gamera trilogy
  • Trails in the Sky

That's about it. At least what comes to mind. And any other trilogies i want to name haven't actually reached their third installment yet.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t remember any of the music from the trilogy…

It's ok, i love Metroid but so far, it's just Zero Mission and Samus Returns that have the memorable music.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, if I don't get a third one by tomorrow morning (local time), I'll pick it myself then... I already have in mind who, as it is.

I’ll volunteer, unless you’d prefer to go with your own idea after all.

— ——-

Tfw you unintentionally nap for the better part of an hour.

So much for sleeping normally tonight.

Nah, it's alright. I take it.

And that's three then. Hmm, it's too late to start tonight... maybe... still haven't decided if to make it a proper LP...

39 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Here's some anime to help you sleep.

LNEPTv8.jpg

It's Ruben in the Jagen's arms.

Goddamnit, Ohseex. That does not help at all.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Too bad a lot of that is locked behind doing poorly at the game.

I'm a bit torn on that, yeah. On the one hand the mechanic is brilliant and helps make the final strech more intense, but on the other hand, those parts are so badass it's a shame you can miss them.

Real talk though, imo 3 was very close to having the best plot, it does some very great parts, but its few stumbles are so big that it ultimately can’t take the cake.

Well, that's a fair opinion, even though it's wrong because I'm always right.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm a bit torn on that, yeah. On the one hand the mechanic is brilliant and helps make the final strech more intense, but on the other hand, those parts are so badass it's a shame you can miss them.

Yeah, I kinda wish I got to send of Rugga but nooo. Although 4 trips is when the game actually starts punishing you for doing bad enough that you went there that frequently, as someone has to die on trip 4 (unless one of the involved characters is already dead) anyway.

Well, that's a fair opinion, even though it's wrong because I'm always right.

Yeah, just like how you were right about Yrsa, Nid, Scathach, Derdriu, Griss, Egil, Bak, Tryggvi, 

Spoiler

Folka, Rook…

Edited by Sooks

Screenshot_4430.png

Screenshot_4431.png

Screenshot_4432.png

But it's at this point where i mention that despite Phoenix and Maya being the most normal-ass people in the entire party, they are actually the best Support Unit in the game (so far at least).

Instant shield break.

There’s the Star Wars prequel trilogy, where the third one is the only good one.

Yeah but we're thinking about good trilogies.

But speaking of Star Wars, both the OT and the Sequels have the "third one is the bad one" curse. Well, Return of the Jedi isn't actually bad but it is hard carried by the Luke and Vader stuff.

And then Rise of Skywalker is lol, lmao.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then Rise of Skywalker is lol, lmao.

I haven’t seen it but from what I’ve read/watched… that is very much true.