Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The lovers in flower field chapter was absolutely cursed, and if ep 9 is anything like that, i can imagine.

I did hear the anime did skip over some things. The flower field chapter gets adapted but it does skip over a few things like why Elaina can't just burn away the field.

But nothing will be as cursed as episode 9. To put it into perspective, it's the only episode in the anime that actually starts with a "the contents of this episode may not be suitable for all viewers" warning. And then when it got to that, i was like "ohhhhh that's why there was a warning".

Like i genuinely didn't expect the show to go that far.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

s that how warcrimes are described nowdays? 😛 

Hey man, look at it this way: at least that arrangement was in a bonus album and it's not a song you have to hear in-game.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But nothing will be as cursed as episode 9. To put it into perspective, it's the only episode in the anime that actually starts with a "the contents of this episode may not be suitable for all viewers" warning. And then when it got to that, i was like "ohhhhh that's why there was a warning".

oh boy

really gotta watch then

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey man, look at it this way: at least that arrangement was in a bonus album and it's not a song you have to hear in-game.

He has tracks in games that are just as shit.

You know what worse? Falcom have their inhouse composers that they don't let compose so they can save money. The shitty tracks composer is really cheap (we know the numbers, and his prices are pretty damn low). So it's just Falcom being fucking cheap

Also why are you linking to something that doesn't exist?

Edited by Shrimperor

Falcom have their inhouse composers that they don't let compose so they can save money.

....Hey Falcom, mind telling me what the point of having inhouse composers is then?

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also why are you linking to something that doesn't exist?

Wdym? The kazoos are right there.

Good Ys music, to brighten up the discussion a bit

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

....Hey Falcom, mind telling me what the point of having inhouse composers is then?

They are making one of them do webmaster and networking stuff, and only giving him the minimum amount of Tracks

He has been there with them since back then, and his Tracks are usually bangers

752306168419844116.png?v=1

Alot of Falcom's absolute Bangers are credited to him, yet they have been giving him less and less tracks after CS2

Not to mention many of others who did absolute Bangers already left Falcom. He and another two (one of which did Cloaca Maxima, an absolute banger) are the only ones there from the ''old guard'' afaik. Yet they have been getting less and less tracks.

They keep outsourcing for cheap instead of paying their absolutely talented inhouse composers

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They are making one of them do webmaster and networking stuff

That's.......that's not the role of a composer.

Falcom what are you doing bro?

Honestly it's like if Monolith Soft told ACE+ not to make music for the next Xenoblade.

Well assuming it isn't X anyway, cause if it's X, then only Sawano is allowed to compose for that.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Falcom what are you doing bro?

The fanbase wants to know, too.

Or atleast those who care about music

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Honestly it's like if Monolith Soft told ACE+ not to make music for the next Xenoblade.

Well assuming it isn't X anyway, cause if it's X, then only Sawano is allowed to compose for that.

Ace+ will do networking next xenoblade

tbh, I think CSIII is going to be my favorite game ever, because I have the opposite taste of Shrimpy.

By the way, @Shrimperor, this may be a bad time, but tbh, I don't think you'll like Like a Dragon that much. It's more of a Yakuza game with a spinoff gameplay style than a full-on JRPG, meaning that the story mostly is centered around the main protagonist and a some parts surrounding two-three other characters, so it's likely that you'll find that he's a black hole character, as interactions that the rest of the cast have with each other are more...Supplementary in nature. There are certainly a lot of those interactions, even in the main story, but they're not so much the focus as the main character's. I know absolutely nothing about JRPGs, so I can't speak to gameplay, but I felt like, since it is a really long game, it may be worth warning you that it may not be the sorta thing you'd enjoy. I don't think you'd hate it, but...I dunno, perhaps set your expectations really low. I think it's still worth a look given that Gamepass makes it real cheap, though.

I can talk about a billion positive things for it as well and it earned itself about a 9.75/10 for story,* but I know having a non black-hole main character is really important to you, and I don't think that Ichi is a bad character (I think he's great, in fact) or a black hole, buuuuuuut...Well, we're basically completely opposite.

*For reference, that's tied for 2nd of any game I've ever played

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

meaning that the story mostly is centered around the main protagonist and a some parts surrounding two-three other characters, so it's likely that you'll find that he's a black hole characte

you misunderstood what Black hole means.

Black hole character is a character that the whole world follows his every whim and every one is just an extension of his will, and/or everyone praises and loves. 

Story focusing on a character =/= Black hole, alsong as other characters have their agency and stuff and don't just suck the MCs dick

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you misunderstood what Black hole means.

Black hole character is a character that the whole world follows his every whim and every one is just an extension of his will, and/or everyone praises and loves. 

Story focusing on a character =/= Black hole, alsong as other characters have their agency and stuff and don't just suck the MCs dick

Well...Hope you enjoy the game at least half as much as I did!

Edited by Benice

for now

Ys 9 T - 15

Hype!

I'll prolly get to Ys Origin someday. Maybe after Fallen Order?

Uh, unless Origin is the CSIII of the franchise or somethin'.

Edited by Benice

ok i am out of the loop

wth is up with this power of family stuff

New Fast and Furious came out and one of the recurring themes in that franchise is family.

Which in itself means nothing but the franchise has basically been a shounen anime where the main characters are just naturally stronger than everybody else for like the past decade (this is a franchise where one character has a broken arm and he just casually flexes the cast off). Now put two and two together.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Origin even has a demo so you can try to see if you like it

Prolly will! I'm planning on getting gamepass on the 9th, so I'll have quite a long backlog, but we shall see!

...I also still have to finish Trails, maybe I should do that.

Huh

must've been living under a rock or something

Tbf, i didn't even know we were getting one this year until i heard the ads on the radio while at work.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

...I also still have to finish Trails, maybe I should do that.

You also still have to finish Xenoblade 2.

I haven't forgotten Benice.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You also still have to finish Xenoblade 2.

I haven't forgotten Benice.

Oh yeah.

I do have to finish that,

Ight, I'd best draw up a list of games I have to play.

Xenoblade 2 has... 9 chapters, right?

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Xenoblade 2 has... 9 chapters, right?

10. Last i remember, you were on 4 i think.

But then there's also Torna to play through.