Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No prob.

Also, i just checked, PCSX2, the PS2 emulator, also has versions for Linux and Mac (so this is good news for @twilitfalchion as well) Granted, it's more demanding than the PS1 emulator. Chances are you'll be able to emulate Xenogears no problem but for Xenosaga, maybe, maybe not. I know i had to mess around with the settings to get the Xenosaga games to run better.

Noted, Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bold: all of these are pretty big timesinks. Damn. Good luck.

And those are just the games I haven't gotten yet.
I also haven't finished MegaNep VII on the Switch yet, and I'm currently doing a challenge run in Nights of Azure, after which I'll probably have the urge to revisit the second game, as well... I know me.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

don't forget the fanservice wars

I just find it funny how they censored Mythra's outfit in Smash, but not Pyra, when I think her's is significantly lewder.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

I just find it funny how they censored Mythra's outfit in Smash, but not Pyra, when I think her's is significantly lewder.

Isn't Mythra's outfit in Smash just her alternate one she can have if you equip a special item to her?
That I personally think looks better than her original one.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Isn't Mythra's outfit in Smash just her alternate one she can have if you equip a special item to her?
That I personally think looks better than her original one.

They added that after it was put in smash.

I think.

Edited by Caster

Yes, the outfit was put into Torna after Smash.

In my opinion, the black clashes with the rest of the outfit. So good thing it's merely an alternate outfit that's optional to use, I'd say.

6 minutes ago, Caster said:

oh that haha

That was a galaxy brain move from ninty alright

Especially when some people find her hotter after ''censoring''

Edited by Shrimperor

...was on a Berseria Nostalgia trip, and rewatched some parts, including the ending...

;_;

As sad as it is...

I don't think i would've accepted any other ending

Spoiler

I still want Velvet free though...

but all the suffering she caused

ARGHH

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

They added that after it was put in smash.

I think.

Yeah they did.

It also increases her crit rate by 25% and given she can speed up Art recharge viat crits, there's no reason to not equip.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In my opinion, the black clashes with the rest of the outfit. 

Honestly, I agree. I think if they made the leggings white, it would've fit better. But it's not a big deal.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh that haha

That was a galaxy brain move from ninty alright

Especially when some people find her hotter after ''censoring''

The imagination runs wild when the skin is covered up.

Just now, Armagon said:

The person who designed the protagonist for Nights of Azure 2 clearly did not agree.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It also increases her crit rate by 25% and given she can speed up Art recharge viat crits, there's no reason to not equip.

I had that on her at all times.
Helped a lot.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like how the curtain censor in Awakening made that Tharja picture look more suggestive when the censor was there than without it.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...was on a Berseria Nostalgia trip, and rewatched some parts, including the ending...

;_;

As sad as it is...

I don't think i would've accepted any other ending

Reveal hidden contents

I still want Velvet free though...

but all the suffering she caused

ARGHH

Yeah

Spoiler

There really wasn't a way out of it. Honestly, i predicted that Berseria would end with Velvet sacrificing herself or something.

Maybe she might've been freed in that third game but we'll never know.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I had that on her at all times.
Helped a lot.

D O U B L E     S P I N N I N G    E D G E

1 minute ago, Caster said:

Like how the curtain censor in Awakening made that Tharja picture look more suggestive when the censor was there than without it.

God, i forgot about that.

@twilitfalchion

Played both levels.

First one was not hard, but I didn't memorize that the jumpstyle in SMB3 is different than in SMW. Still a nice and fair level overall. It reminded me that midway goals exist. Btw I even died after beating the boss because I passed the door but thought there was a barrier right of it. Ran through and fell down... lol

Second level was great. The winter level had a perfect atmosphere. How did you change the music theme? Ice mechanics were executed well as annoying. Wasn't fond of the boss though because the platform was really small combined with the ice physics. Needed more than 20 attempts to beat it.

Good work!

I took something from these levels!

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

Second level was great. The winter level had a perfect atmosphere. How did you change the music theme? Ice mechanics were executed well as annoying. Wasn't fond of the boss though because the platform was really small combined with the ice physics. Needed more than 20 attempts to beat it.

i skipped that boss fight by taking a key from somewhere else xD

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yay! I'm not alone!

Admittedly, perhaps not for long, as I have plans to acquire a Switch and at least one game this coming Christmas. Although, it's a hard sell for said game to be TH. So many other contenders.

Like RF4, or any SRW game, or XenoblaDE, etc.

I see a lot of people are criticizing Atlus for charging extra for Dante. Was it wrong of me to think its fine for the cost of the Capcom license and new VA work? -Although I wasn't aware that Atlus is charging a full $60 for the HD remaster itself. That is a scummy move, regardless of the Dante cost.

---

Thinking of Xenogears makes me think of that pipe dream called a remake, and XG's iffy combat reminds me of a totally different PS1 JRPG with similar-ish combat.:

I never played very far into this game as a child, and playing it on a PS3 or emulation tends to permanently freeze up about 2/3rds in at a particular story event I'm told. So I'll likely never finish it.

Sure it ain't complicated, but part of me lightly fantasies about XG looking like this with modern graphics.

---

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So...

Sky trilogy
Crossbell duology
Dragon Quest XI (when that goes on sale)
Rune Factory 4
Xenosaga/-gears
Atelier Dusk trilogy
the rest of the Atelier Mysterious trilogy
Atelier Ryza 2

Don't get to looking into my suggestions of the Devil Survivors and Luminous Arc!😜

-No, you don't have to, thats just me making a joke.

---

Also, I will gently mention another part of Monolith's gameography which I have spoken of before- the Baten Kaitos duology (albeit I don't think Origins was planned from the start) released on the GameCube.

They aren't perfect (although I have not played XS), I do think they rank below the Xenos generally speaking. The games were co-developed by Monolith's B-team, which seems to have been more inexperienced, the other developer being called Tri-Crescendo. It seems Monolith handled the story and graphics, while Tri-Crescendo did the sound and gameplay. (This is the opposite of Namco x Capcom, the Endless Frontier games, and Project X Zone- where Monolith made the gameplay and the writing was left to an employee of Banpresto.) Curiously, the interview I took that from, which I cannot link because it contains major spoilers, had one Monolith Soft employee say BK was intended to be the "anti-Xenosaga", that term wasn't meant to criticize Xenosaga they said, but annoying they didn't go further into what it meant.

The two games use battle systems based around cards called Magnus, though how they go about it is very different. Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean is turn-based, everyone has their own deck of cards, and in general more complicated; whereas Origins is Active Time Battle, has one deck all three characters draw from, and simpler. The battle systems have some faults, and may be acquired tastes, but some may like them.

Where I personally will say the two games indisputably shine are the soundtracks- two of Motoi Sakuraba's very best, and the visuals. Baten Kaitos seem to be the last of the pre-rendered 2D graphics in a 3D world that was popularized on the PS1 with the Final Fantasies of that era and still used somewhat in FFX. I can understand why the aesthetic died out, but Baten Kaitos was the pinnacle of its positives. For instance, this:

latest?cb=20120430172848

In terms of story and characters, the first game is fairly JRPG standard, but possibly stronger on the overarching story compared to the prequel, whereas Origins definitely has a better cast (and far better voice acting than the first). Rewatching Origins, the character interactions feel oddly restrained, when I compare what's in my mind Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the Origins interactions feel like the characters were right about to hug, but then remembered social distancing and kept six feet apart. Like I can visualize how the scenes in Origins if placed in XC2 would be more exaggerated and emotively excessive.

...And going into a tangent now, if the games were ever to be remade/HD remastered with refinements, I would love for an extra playable character or two in Origins. I've rewatched some of the Diadem segment of Origins, and darn it, young Gibari is good by me😄, he can't be like more than two years younger than Sagi, so why not let him fight?