Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

'Morning, all! How is everyone?

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Finally got around to starting Ys Origin. Playing on Normal.

It's nice to see you!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile i'm debating if i should just trade FF7R for Yakuza 0.

FiFY

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Bayonetta fans may be out of luck for now, but they've still got it better than F-Zero fans.

Not the same thing. Bayonetta is well and alive, one game delayed for a while is still alive. F-Zero has been "living on a farm", and taxidermy-ed for all history in Smash.

@DragonFlames I got Samurai Warriors 5 within the past week. It's been fun so far. Only done with Nobunaga Chapter 2 and Mitsuhide Chapter 1. A few thoughts of mine from earlier if you didn't notice:

Chapter 2 of Samurai Warriors 5 is done. Okehazama didn't feel as desperate as my one other experience with it in SW, no reciting of poetry about the transience of life when faced with impossible odds.

The OC ninja has shown up, inheriting Hanzo's old chain & sickle, his design and personality seem fairly understated. Hanzo looks awesome, both masked and unmasked, which is good, b/c IIRC they ditched Kotaro, who always looked cooler than the old drab Hanzo. Hanbei comes off as the laziest of characters here, neither his design nor personality was changed enough. Oichi isn't a whole lot better, but at least her makeover was more than a haircut and change of clothes. No had total makeover, and major personality changes, but enough of the coolness remained that there felt like some continuity. Pokemon Conquest had prepared me for the Nobunaga redesign. Yoshimoto is less distinctive than before, but also less outlandish with the makeup and kemari obsession gone, he feels like more of an actual threat than Nobunaga's hapless first victim.

Hashiba Hideyoshi has gone from a dandy to something of a rural urchin, befitting his lowly origins. His overeager personality remains the same, as does Nobunaga calling him a monkey. I think the transition to unifier of Japan come SW6 can build on this base. The nouveau riche being so unaccustomed to wealth and power that they overdo it in dandyism sounds feasible. He has swapped weapon to a naginata, still a pole arm, but not the exact same as his old three-section staff, which is a pleasant change.

And this could just be me, but Ieyasu has quite some contrast with Hideyoshi, having become as beautiful as the now-absent Ranmaru, with a gentle personality and an established samurai background, important enough to be held hostage by the enemy. Perhaps SW6 could indeed build off a Hideyoshi & Ieyasu dynamic, the heirs to Nobunaga, working in harmony, despite disagreements beneath the surface. Feeling like Ieyasu was given the stronger "spiritual successor to Nobunaga" claim here so far with the cutesy choice to make Ieyasu the Oda's "little brother", but maybe Hideyoshi will build his claim with battlefield merit.

However, it doesn't look like I'll be seeing any fights that don't involve Nobunaga's forces or Mitsuhide. Shame for the earlier stuff, what of Kenshin vs. Shingen?

Weapon-wise, it's been katana, odachi, and twin swords which I like the most. I'm getting used to the naginata and the great spear that Tadakatsu and Toshiie have. I'll agree the bow is fairly good for a bow moveset, while the chain-and-sickle is fun too, better than Hanzo used to do it. Katsuie's spear is a bit lackluster though, and I'm not adjusted to the talisman at all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Yo, @twilitfalchion, how was Scarlet Nexus? I've got a friend who's interested in it, and you have high-tier taste, so I was wondering if you'd be willing to give me your expanded thoughts?

(Also, I hope you're enjoying school!)

I think it's a great game. I don't like giving games numbered scores, but if I did, it'd be a solid 8.5-9/10.

you have high-tier taste,

852199623983890471.png?v=1

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I hope i don't end up getting dissapointed due to no demo, but i am taking the risk as Berseria was really good, and i am in the mood for Tales anyway

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, but I thought the demo was really good. At least showed enough positive aspects for me to pre-order the game myself.

Then again, Arise and Abyss are the only Tales games I've played, so...

688824479220105231.png?v=1

--------

FF7R? Tried the demo, thought it was a lot of fun, though I'd rather play the original first before the remake.

I did play the Samurai Warriors 5 demo as well. That was dope.

Love the new visual style they went with. May pick it up with a sale or something.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I think it's a great game. I don't like giving games numbered scores, but if I did, it'd be a solid 8.5-9/10.

Nice, thanks.

Well, that's it for Great Ace Attorney 1. I kinda want to share my impressions in the GAA thread, but the last post is mine. If I edit that, nobody's going to read it, and I'm not sure if I'd get warned for double-posting two days later... Meh.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's it for Great Ace Attorney 1. I kinda want to share my impressions in the GAA thread, but the last post is mine. If I edit that, nobody's going to read it, and I'm not sure if I'd get warned for double-posting two days later... Meh.

You could ask a mod.

Just now, Sooks said:

You could ask a mod.

Eh. I don't want to bother a mod with something like that.

Hey @Lightchao42 @DodgeDusk please post something in the GAA thread so I can post my impressions of the first game without risking a warn for double-posting. Well that and I'll be interested in reading more discussion... WHEN I finished both games.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh. I don't want to bother a mod with something like that.

I don’t know if that’s bothering them, that’s kind of their job to answer questions like that.

Just now, Sooks said:

I don’t know if that’s bothering them, that’s kind of their job to answer questions like that.

That's true, but... Eh, I think I'd rather try and revive the thread if I can at all manage it.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey @Lightchao42 @DodgeDusk please post something in the GAA thread so I can post my impressions of the first game without risking a warn for double-posting. Well that and I'll be interested in reading more discussion... WHEN I finished both games.

Posting outside of Far From The Forest? How dare you suggest something so asinine.

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

Posting outside of Far From The Forest? How dare you suggest something so asinine.

I apologize for suggesting such an... apparently ludicrous idea.

I mean, I hardly do, myself. Most of the time, when I'm not posting here it's in my own LP threads.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

hope i don't end up getting dissapointed due to no demo, but i am taking the risk as Berseria was really good, and i am in the mood for Tales anyway

As I've said before, what really excited me about Arise is just how different it feels while also feeling like an evolution of what Berseria did gameplay-wise.

So yeah, I've got my eye on it.

At any rate, I wouldn't be able to get Arise until Saturday or Sunday (Saturday is when my paycheck actually hits my account).

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

FF7R? Tried the demo, thought it was a lot of fun, though I'd rather play the original first before the remake.

Tbf, the two games are very different, both in plot and story.

Can't believe I still haven't finished the Fishing stuff in AE, hahaha. All for an optional superboss and a insta 5* character.

Not like I have much else to do... well, I do, but now I'm actually done with all the currently released story content so far... time to just settle into a routine for the time being.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is that the Serenes equivalent of "I don't have a life"?

Is FftF the metaphorical basement?

Trust me, from experience, the basement is generous. We're in the rickety old shed of SF out here, if FftF is a basement apartment.

Open to the elements, boomers and all that racket.

Edited by Dayni

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

To everyone playing Tales of Arise: I hope you enjoy it, the waits been pretty long, so I hope its amazingly fun!

ty ty!

Will probably start it Tomorrow or Saturday, as game unlocks at midnight exactly. Will let it download over night

Are you getting it as well?

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ty ty!

Will probably start it Tomorrow or Saturday, as game unlocks at midnight exactly. Will let it download over night

Are you getting it as well?

Awesome!!! 

I haven't actually decided yet. The system looks amazing and really fun, but i'm just not sure. I think i'll wait a bit if I decide to, playing Vesperia lately would just dampen my opinion on it, and i dont wanna go down that path.

Also, I found Zestiria to be eh, and Berseria was okay, so im a bit hesitant i'll admit.