• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ALBW is still better than stuff like WW and TP when it comes to getting to the fun and freedom, drawn-out and narrow openings where you don't get to fight much are fun. I don't necessarily love BotW, but I cherish that veneer of freedom in the traditional LoZ when it exists.

That's true, I felt the comparison more apt because of the two's similarities (2D Zelda and all).

And I thought you'd mention SS of any of them.

And that would be?

The dungeon punishes you for exploring. If you go down a certain path (past the blue barriers in the big room with the bouncepad), you can't progress because you need to get between them while they're raised to proceed (including the route to the hammer) and every time I felt like I couldn't turn it back the whole time and there's no gem that seemed like the one to hit to proceed, so thus have to warp out.

(Admittedly, the cold light of day has made me realise simply hitting the barrier gem back to red and then climbing up the ladder on the left would solve my issues. But yeah, got confused completely more than once. and forgot the obvious of climbing up that way after hitting that because......... This is probably one of the dumbest moments I've had with one of these dungeons.)

PSA- The Helmasaur King is cool, cooler than any dodongo. And more awesome than that masked rooster. 

I mean, I can't really disagree, but I'm hearing this from you. And which rooster is that?

(Also, looking into it, there's no suggestion of a Dodongo in any games before the TV series.... well on Zelda Wiki anyway, turns out they didn't notice the one in the very first game. I also learned  BotW has amiibo support that allows you to summon a Link from the past as a companion.... in wolf form. Does that count as animal cruelty?)

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, having my brother and ending in different teams makes it easy to coordinate a Contract. I was already 1/3 in that objective, got the 2nd on my own in that same match, then had my brother help with the third.

Well yeah, it's not completing the contract that's the bad part. It's finishing a 2fort round to be able to cash it in that's hard lol.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ugh, Well. Before that 2Fort match we were in Well in a different group... filled with bots. The 2Fort one was our third time looking for a match. Since my brother got kicked out in the other two. The second one was at Turbine... also bot filled.

Oof... Yeah, good ol' bot crisis.

10 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Modern FE: Brave weapons are too powerful, let's make them only work on player phase.

Shouzo Kaga:

20210922175617_1.jpg

Ah yes, Vestaria Saga: The game where every weapon is brave.

...How I wish I could play your sequel...

I just found out there was a Metroid Dread report yesterday about the areas of ZDR so I don't actually think we'd see new Metroid Dread stuff today. At most just a reminder that the game is coming out in about two weeks.

10 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Modern FE: Brave weapons are too powerful, let's make them only work on player phase.

Shouzo Kaga:

20210922175617_1.jpg

Not enough hits. I need a 10-hit Brave Weapon. Stacks with Astra and can double.

7 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well Atelier Sophie 2 leaked so that's probably one of them. Easy money bets on one of the other announcements being Ryza 3.

Can't say what anything else would be. Although a remake of one of the pre-Rorona Ateliers would be neat.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

And I thought you'd mention SS of any of them.

That could also qualify, but it didn't linger in me personally the way Godforsaken Fortress did, and I don't remember the details of TP so well, but you're not really "freed" until like after getting the Master Sword IIRC.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

And which rooster is that?

Helmaroc King. The other masked big beastie of Zelda. It does have an early narrative place in WW, which is unusual for a LoZ boss, which usually are chilling in their dun' doing absolutely nothing until you arrive. Yet design-wise, big lizard over big bird.

I didn't have time to post about it before, but I have made some progress in the Fade. Once I got past the initial confusion and started getting powers, the pieces began to fall into place. It was quite satisfying to stomp enemies with the overpowered transformations. Then I found my companions and convinced them to leave the nightmare... then they were all whisked away. Oof. Well, pretty sure I'm on the right track, anyway. I wonder what kind of nightmare Alistair and Derrick would've been in. I imagine Alistair's would have to do with Jesus or Arl Eamon, but what kind of dreamscape would a doggo conjure up? @Ghost_06_ would you mind telling me?

In any case, I only have to defeat the boss of the Raw Fade and then it's on to the core. Hopefully that'll be the way out of LSD land, and then I can go back to finding Sten's sword.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't remember the details of TP so well, but you're not really "freed" until like after getting the Master Sword IIRC.

Sounds about right, which would also be my summary as I played it back in 2008.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Helmaroc King. The other masked big beastie of Zelda. It does have an early narrative place in WW, which is unusual for a LoZ boss, which usually are chilling in their dun' doing absolutely nothing until you arrive. Yet design-wise, big lizard over big bird.

I must confess WW is one of the LoZ titles I've played nothing of, so I'm completely unfamiliar with it.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You forgot stacks with Adept as well, lmao.

>Has 12 uses

Bwahahahahahaha

Did this absolute buffoon really just call my character a "sex goddess"? Well, it may be dangerous to accept a would-be assassin in our team, but he's hilarious, so he's in. I mean, I beat him up when he had 10 people helping him. Not much he can do on his own.

"Morrigan is very thankful."

Ahh, yes, because I have done exactly as she asked me to do. Yeees, totally did what she had asked. I definitely didn't get slaughtered when the hag turned into a fucking dragon. I most certainly did not strike a deal with her upon returning to the past by the great power of F7. Ergh...

Well, at any rate, I made it to Redcliff, where the situation is predictably shitty. I found an archer called Tomas who led me to the Arl's brother and was then sent to give a message to a dude called Murdock. Nice coincidences going on here. I agreed to help the village because at this point my character is bipolar, I guess. Sten and Morrigan did not like that. Damnit, Sten, why do you have to be like that? Now I had to give you gifts in order to mend our relationship. I need to get that sword... But to do that, I need to find this Ostegarr place. It's nowhere on the map, and a dwarf I encountered on the road told me it's closed off. I hope I'll gain access to the town sooner than later...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

TIL If Marcel is crippled when Armory Situation starts, he isn't force deployed and the mission proceeds as if he's dead. If you then use a panacea on him, you can deploy him in one of the regular deployment slots, so he can be completely useless and never get anywhere with his 1 movement.

Needless to say, I'm going to use it on him beforehand so he can actually get his great personal... as well as some more experience to hopefully reach level 15 soon. He's at 10 currently. Not too bad. I've managed to get some stuff done in spite of only being able to deploy people once per chapter. More or less. I forgot Marcel was forced in this mission and brought him to the main one, so that's challenge cheated by accident. Oof.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bwahahahahahaha

Did this absolute buffoon really just call my character a "sex goddess"? Well, it may be dangerous to accept a would-be assassin in our team, but he's hilarious, so he's in. I mean, I beat him up when he had 10 people helping him. Not much he can do on his own.

Rubenio’s mood:

5 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Rubenio’s mood:

Eh, kinda. I'm afraid I've gotten too invested in this game to give everyone the finger anymore. So I suppose I'll engage in an epic redemption arc where my girl becomes a proper saint to atone for ratting out her cousin and murdering a wounded guy for no reason. And all the other crimes she's committed since then.

Sheesh, we have a storm right on top of us. The thunder is so loud it triggers the car alarms and makes the windows shake.

Edited by Acacia Sgt