• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I had the biggest grin on my face when this started playing. Never has getting my butt handed to me sounded so good.

…Seriously though, he one shots all of my part members with his strength and speed buff, and because of that speed there’s no way I can get up enough earth guards, earth walls and/or grail spheres, and he’s immune to strength and speed debuffs. Falcom why?

@Shrimperor is this how I get that achievement you wanted me to get?

Edited by Sooks

IMG_20210928_221052.jpg

IMG_20210928_221055.jpg

So true.

Honestly the fact that there's an Atelier protagonist who uses guns is hilarious to me.

28 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

We just had to have embraced Unova

hFuGGVZ.png

Gen 5 having the worst sales of any gen is the reason why Pokemon has devolved into what it is today imo. Because the one time they actually tried something bold and new and unique for the mainline games, it sold like (relatively) shit.

The only FE game to ever do reinforcements right is Fates (well, most of the time. Iago overdoes it for example). Every other one, Kaga sagas included, absolutely suck with them. Ambush or no. Ambush just turns them from suck-ish to making game almost unplayable if there aren't good/interesting mechanics to compensate to make me continue playing.

Reinforcements should test the flexibility of the player, not his magical foresight powers (5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 16) or his patience by slowing the gameplay to a crawl (almost every non-Fates FE is very bad with this. Especially Radiant Dawn), or by making him wait 10-20 for item drops (Kaga games main culprit here).

Just a small thought playing a map i was enjoying at first that a few turns later reminded me why i hate reinforcements so much in most FE.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

is this how I get that achievement you wanted me to get?

Yup!

Tips:

- CP regen on kevin for Grail Sphere.

- spread your party apart so he doesn't just delay lock your whole party

- Zeram when needed

- Estelle has to finish the battle for bragging rights 😛

It's probably the hardest battle in the trilogy, so good luck!

13 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I've been thinking of posting an Etrian Odyssey Untold playthrough here but I've been putting it off because I'm too lazy lol.

Mood.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tips:

- CP regen on kevin for Grail Sphere.

Got it.

- spread your party apart so he doesn't just delay lock your whole party

B-but Earth Wall…

- Zeram when needed

😮

…but he has 100k HP, I should have been more conservative with them earlier, shouldn’t I?

- Estelle has to finish the battle for bragging rights 😛

Eh, not using Estelle is blasphemy anyway.

Team right now is Kevin, Ries, Estelle and (unfortunately) Richard btw.

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I had the biggest grin on my face when this started playing. Never has getting my butt handed to me sounded so good.

…Seriously though, he one shots all of my part members with his strength and speed buff, and because of that speed there’s no way I can get up enough earth guards, earth walls and/or grail spheres, and he’s immune to strength and speed debuffs. Falcom why?

If only it was the OG version: maybe. Xd

His str/spd buff is 30% each i believe. 

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If only it was the OG version: maybe. Xd

But the super arrange is so much better…

I mean the OG is great, but the super arrange is peak music imo.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

His str/spd buff is 30% each i believe. 

H5EmVii.jpg

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Gen 5 having the worst sales of any gen is the reason why Pokemon has devolved into what it is today imo. Because the one time they actually tried something bold and new and unique for the mainline games, it sold like (relatively) shit.

Unfortunately. Gen 5 started streamlining the region after the Mt. Coronet fiasco, but it's so little compared to the good things it did.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This gets funnier by the second... XD

This game still has better animations than Sword and Shield.

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

Was it good? I loved Undertale, but nothing really happened in Deltarune chapter 1 so I kinda forgot about it.

I'd say chapter 2 is overall less impressive than 1, but it's still very good regardless. The ending left a better impression on me than chapter 1 as well (and 1 had something truly memorable).

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

It's probably the hardest battle in the trilogy, so good luck!

Meanwhile I just kept using the "lower difficulty option" that specifically comes with that fight until I beat him.

LeaCool2.gif

6 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Unfortunately. Gen 5 started streamlining the region after the Mt. Coronet fiasco, but it's so little compared to the good things it did.

I still find it crazy that BW2 gave each Gym it's own unique theme song and then just never did that again.

It's the little things.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Otome means maiden. Thus, Otome Game means "Maiden's Game", or a game for maidens.

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Girl MC chooses romance options from the usually Husbando filled cast

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's literally harem except a girl is the protagonist and she has several male romantic options.

I mean, I probably will forget, like the whole Mosou thing, but... Thanks anyway.

Metroid Dread is really next Friday huh.

Haha I still have to wait like 7 months for the next game I'm waiting on.

12 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Hey, you have to be thankful it isn't Telltale

Never said anything to the contrary. The fact that I was allowed to side with the insane cultist and destroy Andraste's ashes alone was amazing.

12 hours ago, Dayni said:

Reese, being social? I thought he'd stick to Lazbitter

Hah!

12 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'd be surprised if Reese had that much ready considering how expensive everything is.

Reese sold his soul for furniture money.

I wouldn't even be surprised, to be honest... Though it begs the question how you sell something that doesn't exist.

Normally i'd sigh at shit like "banana tapped to a wall" and whatnot but this one's actually hilarious so i'll let it slide.

I mean, at least this one was honest.

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Bf6JpL0.jpg

QsOYgfK.jpg

No Ryunosuke, don't give them ideas!

I mean, former Spanish president Mariano Rajoy placed a tax on solar power, which he called "the sun tax." Close enough?

If you're curious, it was repealed three years later.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In addition to what has been said, there is one trait I've been told and discovered is commonplace in otomes.:

Reveal hidden contents

2018111510395600-DC7F497D6B03628BCFC1F74fox-ear00001.jpgIris-School-of-Wizardry00080.jpgalice-prologue00024.jpg2.jpg219051796_10159537013215350_776369400797c14-dating.original.jpgpiofiore-fated-memories.original.jpgnekopara-catboys-paradise-steam-pc-2.jpg

tears-of-themis-pre-registration-sr-710x

Screenshot-2021-03-05-142502-e1614921983

wintertidemiracles3-1024x576.jpg

variable-barricade-nintendo-switch-otome

2020102421393800-28073407689A9593B3E3E49

Collar-x-Malice-Unlimited-Switch-feature

cupid-parasite-screenshot-gill-shirtless

Notice anything these all have in common? The chins. It is natural and realistic to an extent draw humans with faces and that narrow and taper towards the bottom. However, otomes have a tendency to exaggerate it to varying degrees. The shirtless guy in the last picture looks egregiously exaggerated to me, he could stab someone with that dagger chin.

I wonder what's up with that. Do girls like knife chins that much?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20210928_221055.jpg

Felicia, no!

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

cute anime girl = stonks

Hello, my name is Saint "Ruben" Rubenio, and I have one thing to say:

X

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

cute anime girl packing heat = mega stonks

Ah, so your favorite Fate character is Astolfo I see

The only FE game to ever do reinforcements right is Fates

Well--

(well, most of the time. Iago overdoes it for example).

Yeah...

On a related note... Not gonna lie, aside from no save points and a slightly less fluid engine, the biggest thing that keeps Conquest from beating 12 in my eyes is that while it's great most of the time, the very few times it's bad, it's absolutely fucking atrocious. Every FE has a dud map, but while stuff like Berwick's ice map is annoying, Conquest's kitsune map is a strong contender for the worst map in the entire series. And Iago's reinforcement fun is even worse than FE12 chapter 20's paladin spam, which is already super iffy.

Oh no Ruben is being negative about Fates, he's reverting to being a Kaga elitist

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

the very few times it's bad, it's absolutely fucking atrocious.

I don't disagree with you. Especially fox map is wtf how and why did they think of this

Literally can't understand the thought behind it lol

Like, atleastvmake it so foxes change forms at beginning of player phase not enemy one

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile I just kept using the "lower difficulty option" that specifically comes with that fight until I beat him

That doesn't count as beating him :p

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile I just kept using the "lower difficulty option" that specifically comes with that fight until I beat him.

I don't think i would be able to swallow my pride personally. XD

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On a related note... Not gonna lie, aside from no save points and a slightly less fluid engine, the biggest thing that keeps Conquest from beating 12 in my eyes is that while it's great most of the time, the very few times it's bad, it's absolutely fucking atrocious. Every FE has a dud map, but while stuff like Berwick's ice map is annoying, Conquest's kitsune map is a strong contender for the worst map in the entire series. And Iago's reinforcement fun is even worse than FE12 chapter 20's paladin spam, which is already super iffy.

And Ninja Hell should've never been greenlit.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That doesn't count as beating him 😛

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I don't think i would be able to swallow my pride personally. XD

Me when i beat him after lowering the difficulty:

56f.png

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

With it's huge ass cast time you won'z be able to cast it that much against him. Focus on grail sphere and Earth Guard instead

Well I guess I’ll move everyone around and start the battle with a 200 CP grail sphere, try to get everyone the earth guard art and follow my same strategy of make sure everyone is zodiac-ed and clock up EX-ed the whole time while making everyone have earth guard for as many attacks as I can. 

I should also probably upgrade Richard’s slots so I can use level 3 quarts instead of just handing him whatever. It’s not like I don’t have the sepith.

Who did use other than Kevin, Richard and Estelle by the way? I think I’m good with Ries but just curious.

Edited by Sooks