Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

the game you're playing?

Trails

One of the centeral themes of the Story used to be the light speed fast of development due to discovering of Orbal Technology. Continent went from rl equivalant of 1700 (or even before that) to 2000s in the span of like ~50 years.

Edited by Shrimp γ

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Wait, are you on about irl, or the game you're playing? Threw me for a sec with that one.

The game I’m playing. I just started the second Trails series, the Crossbell duology, and it looks like the internet was invented in between games.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Did the homework get finished?)

So, funny story……

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

looks like the internet was invented in between games

fyi, between Sky and Crossbell 6 months passed

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, funny story……

Do tell Ü

Think I'm going to return to Banner Saga 2 rn. I don't know, I just doesn't feel as good the first.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The game I’m playing. I just started the second Trails series, the Crossbell duology, and it looks like the internet was invented in between games.

I knew it was Trails from earlier.

That's a pretty casual thing to just have develop. Is everyone going on about it?

12 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

One of the centeral themes of the Story used to be the light speed fast of development due to discovering of Orbal Technology. Continent went from rl equivalant of 1700 (or even before that) to 2000s in the span of like ~50 years.

And now it's central theme is can the author make main boy a harem protag?

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just started the second Trails series, the Crossbell duology, and it looks like the internet was invented in between games.

They also invented cars.

Trails world is really funny because it's like early 2000s while simultaneously feeling like 1930s while simultaneously feeling like 2050s in terms of technological advancements.

Funniest bit is Tita's S-Craft where she calls an orbital strike but spacecraft technology is not once brought up.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Think I'm going to return to Banner Saga 2 rn. I don't know, I just doesn't feel as good the first.

I suppose it isn't, though I've always viewed them as one big game. I like them all just about the same, but I'd say 2 is my least favorite, yeah.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I knew it was Trails from earlier.

That's a pretty casual thing to just have develop. Is everyone going on about it?

It’s not available to the public right now, it’s just being tried out by various organizations like the police and the bracer guild (which are just the police but not affiliated with any government so they have branches across countries). Since you’re playing as the police in this game, you get to use it a bit and right now it seems like that’s how you get side quests (from the terminal in the main room).

iUcFaYg.png

Isekai moment

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And now it's central theme is can the author make main boy a harem protag?

yes

Well, to be a bit more serious, the focus kept shifting more and more to the supernatural instead of Sci-fi.

Supernatural elements were always there, yes, but they weren't at the center of it all, so to say. Cold Steel was very super natural (to the point we had a Magical Mecha grail war lol), and from what i heard, so is Kuro.

Something i am also not a fan of.

Edited by Shrimp γ

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Since you’re playing as the police in this game, you get to use it a bit and right now it seems like that’s how you get side quests (from the terminal in the main room).

Yeah, from now on, most of the quests you get will be centralized like that.

There also aren't like 50 billion of them like there are in Sky.

The Sooks% is much more feasible to accomplish in Crossbell and Cold Steel than in Sky imo.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Supernatural elements were always there, yes, but they weren't at the center of it all, so to say. Cold Steel was very super natural, and from what i heard, so is Kuro.

Sky 3rd definitely started the shift into the supernatural but it wasn't completely felt until Cold Steel.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So still a step above the ARPANET, but not yet INTERNET as we know it.

What’s the ARPANET?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They also invented cars.

I could have sworn they were mentioned in Sky at some point… although maybe that was them mentioning buses being a thing in Calvard.

Trails world is really funny because it's like early 2000s while simultaneously feeling like 1930s while simultaneously feeling like 2050s in terms of technological advancements.

True.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

There also aren't like 50 billion of them like there are in Sky.

Noooooo.

The Sooks% is much more feasible to accomplish in Crossbell and Cold Steel than in Sky imo.

Still not gonna go for it unless they remove arbitrary points of no return that would spoil me if I were to try to find a guide.

I could have sworn they were mentioned in Sky at some point… although maybe that was them mentioning buses being a thing in Calvard.

The joke was that we don't see cars until Crossbell.

The given explanation is that Liberl is too mountainous for normal vehicular travel. That's why there's no trains either.

Still not gonna go for it unless they remove arbitrary points of no return that would spoil me if I were to try to find a guide.

You have far more control over when the plot moves forward. Crossbell and Cold Steel do not have any "oops, you took two steps to the right, you just got locked out of five different quests".

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What’s the ARPANET?

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network. Pretty much the first attempt to make a, well, network of interconnected computer systems. Established in 1969, and dismantled in 1990.

Arpanet_map_1973.jpg

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Sky 3rd definitely started the shift into the supernatural but it wasn't completely felt until Cold Steel.

Basically reverse Xenoblade over multipe games

he given explanation is that Liberl is too mountainous for normal vehicular travel.

And that they basically use airships as public transport. Imagine living in a country like that, you won't need cars, either xD

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So never Sooks% eh?

Sky3rd 100% is very doable tho

then again it doesn't have the stupid traditional quest system

Edited by Shrimp γ

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

And that they basically use airships as public transport. Imagine living in a country like that, you won't need cars, either xD

*Switzerland intensifies* Though they do have cars and trains, with lots of tunnels under the mountains... rigged to blow up in case of invasion.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Sky3rd 100% is very doable tho

>tournament

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sky 3rd didn’t really have anything supernatural though, since everything was explained as “technology actually”. Other than the focus on the church of course, hahaha atheist joke.

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Super fun tbh

Until you lose and have to redo all of it.

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

also

Katana Boy's crafts Ü

Spoiler

Loewe?

Sky 3rd didn’t really have anything supernatural though, since everything was explained as “technology actually”. Other than the focus on the church of course, hahaha atheist joke.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Good old Clarke's Third Law.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".