• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Richard

But you can use his crafts anytime?

7 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

don't lose 😉

You said it had the hardest battle in the trilogy.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose it isn't, though I've always viewed them as one big game. I like them all just about the same, but I'd say 2 is my least favorite, yeah.

I just wish I hadn't chosen Alette ;_;

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

Except Atelier Sophie.

I know Draggy loves the game but I do think Gust really missed with the OST there.

I'm starting to think this is your way of taking revenge against me for not liking Xenoblade 2 much. XD

All jokes aside, I like Sophie's soundtrack, I think it's really good, but arguing taste is pointless, as they say.

1 hour ago, Shrimp γ said:

Well, to be a bit more serious, the focus kept shifting more and more to the supernatural instead of Sci-fi.

Supernatural elements were always there, yes, but they weren't at the center of it all, so to say. Cold Steel was very super natural (to the point we had a Magical Mecha grail war lol), and from what i heard, so is Kuro.

Something i am also not a fan of.

To me, the suprenatural stuff was the most (and with the way everything was presented, honestly basically the only) interesting part of the whole setting, tbh. Until they found a way to f*** it up by

Spoiler

being all "ooooh, the CURSE (TM)!"

That, and the "we make every FE cult look like a shining example of writing" level of godawful villains connected to most of the supernatural stuff.
But you all know my opinion on those guys by now, I imagine. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

All jokes aside, I like Sophie's soundtrack, I think it's really good, but arguing taste is pointless, as they say.

No, only one opinion is correct. Mine.

Aight but yeah, jokes aside, I get it. Music is probably the most subjective aspect of anything.

Besides, we can both agree that Atelier Totori is still worse 🤝.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That, and the "we make every FE cult look like a shining example of writing" level of godawful villains connected to most of the supernatural stuff.
But you all know my opinion on those guys by now, I imagine. xD

I'm in agreement but I'm also looking at both FE cults and Ouroborous like 

perhaps_i_treated_you_too_harshly.jpg

because Tales of Arise, while I like it, absolutely set the new low standard for villain writing out of anything I've played.

Just now, Armagon said:

Aight but yeah, jokes aside, I get it. Music is probably the most subjective aspect of anything.

True, true ^^

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Besides, we can both agree that Atelier Totori is still worse 🤝.

🤝
Ayup... which is a damn shame, too, because Totori herself is a pretty good character, I think.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm in agreement but I'm also looking at both FE cults and Ouroborous like 

perhaps_i_treated_you_too_harshly.jpg

because Tales of Arise, while I like it, absolutely set the new low standard for villain writing out of anything I've played.

Oh boy.
I confess, I haven't gotten Arise yet, despite looking forward to it very much until its release (had too much on my plate around the time it came out, and now I kinda wanna wait for a price drop), but hearing this makes me a little less enthusiastic about it, heh

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh boy.
I confess, I haven't gotten Arise yet, despite looking forward to it very much until its release (had too much on my plate around the time it came out, and now I kinda wanna wait for a price drop), but hearing this makes me a little less enthusiastic about it, heh

What I should have done, lmao

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ayup... which is a damn shame, too, because Totori herself is a pretty good character, I think.

It's ok, she's in better games.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh boy.

The villains thankfully aren't around for too long.....but that's also part of the reason why they suck so much.

(Actually screentime =/= villain quality, it just depends on how they utilize it).

But like I said, the game overall is good. I've got a review here if you wanna read it.

This thread was in ToArise mode for a while with me, Shrimpy, Twilit and Cosmo playing it. The former three of us liked it while Cosmo's got the dissenting opinion.

Three hours for the DLC reveal... man, haven't really be this anxious over an incoming game in like... don't even know, haha. Less than two weeks for it to drop...

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

it's a good game

but just that, good

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This thread was in ToArise mode for a while with me, Shrimpy, Twilit and Cosmo playing it. The former three of us liked it while Cosmo's got the dissenting opinion.

Hey, I call em as I see em, and that game was not for me, i'll take Vesperia, Xillia, even Abyss over Arise gameplay wise! 

Tbf id consider myself kinda a semi master at Vesperia, so that might not be the same thing, but I feel like the whole "I can stun my enemies for comboes!" Was kinda the whole fun, and Arise dropped the huge bomb on that.

2 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

The land where beer and alcohol are almost idlozed and made holy

I remember reading once that Father's Day in Germany is traditionally celebrated (traditions now changing) by the married menfolk leaving their families for the day for a wild day of drinking out in the woods or something. Clearly not your kind of thing.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Funniest bit is Tita's S-Craft where she calls an orbital strike but spacecraft technology is not once brought up.

Slightly reminds me of a potential minor inconsistency in XCX's lore. It being said of Xerns:

Additionally, the carriers can interface with attack satellites in geostationary orbit to unleash offensives that no amount of evasive maneuvering could escape.

And yet, Luxaar says the Ganglion can't escape Mira's atmosphere. The Xern detail is just within the boundary of avoiding contradiction, by placing the satellites in the outermost layers of the atmosphere, but only barely.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

(Actually screentime =/= villain quality, it just depends on how they utilize it).

I agree. Case in point Final Fantasy XIII, the main villain takes some time to arrive, but once they do, they appear plentifully. Doesn't stop them from being an unlikeable cliche, and not unlikeable in a good way.

I think the character interactions, presentation, and pacing really give it a boost

Otherwise, I wouldn't rate it so highly

It does have some pretty notable issues

The plot is a bit messy, the combat has its quirks that I'm not necessarily a fan of, the CP system is way too restrictive, in-game economy too strict, etc.