Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

The best part about Dudley is that he gave me a free max level action quartz for my actual party members, so now everyone has one. And a second cast quartz!

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Gotta say tho

Charlotte in Mercenary outfit is 10/10 design

What does she look like? I don’t remember that outfit imagine using a mercenary in Fates.

I had dinner.

It was nice.

Back to Fred Jones now.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Gotta say tho

Charlotte in Mercenary outfit is 10/10 design

that's how you seduce people and not your ''original'' outfit

There's even a cypher art of her in her hero outfit, that's how cool it was. Wish they had gone for a less obnoxious choice of outfit for her, but well, she powers through the issue. It's more than I can say for a lot of other women from Fates, so I give her a pass.

That was a cool escape map. Even if a thief destroyed a village by standing in the tile in front of it. That was dumb.

I must commend the game on one thing, though - it plays so smoothly. Being a low budget, obscure indie title, I'd expected some tedium, but nope. The game plays like butter. Everything goes so fast. The only thing I'm missing is a button to skip enemy phases, but there is a button to speed them up, so that works.

Also, Rolenson is amazing. Not only does he have the only horse in the game, the only canto in the game and the only rescuedropping shenanigans in the game, units get to act after he drops them! No more tip-toeing around enemy ranges, I can just have the old man perform a express delivery of pain straight onto the enemy. He even functions as a tank on a pinch, since both his defense and resistance magical defense are great. Dude's out of this world, who even needs the ability to attack?

20 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Fates Mercenary/Hero outfit is honestly amazing.

Severa/Soleil really rock that

I mean, I've said it before, Soleil is my favorite female design in the game. That outfit is so out of place in the land of random windows for panties.

Ugggggggh... How old do I have to be to learn not to overeat?😵 The fridge and microwave were invented for the sake of leftovers you dodo! 

If you punched me or hugged me really tightly right now, you'd "receive" a fruity sauce slathered on pulled pork and chopped brisket, onion rings with their own dipping sauce, cornbread, and some very tangy baked beans. All I said is that I got in the mood for barbecue a few weeks ago and that I hadn't had it in a while, and then I concluded one sandwich wouldn't be filling enough for me. And now, I don't want to see barbecue for the rest of the year.

At the least, having too much of both at once, led me to realize that neither beef brisket nor pulled pork are objectively superior to the other. Brisket is drier and tougher (even with the extra fat from being chopped over sliced), but pork can be too threadbare and liable to becoming too sauced up.

Ephemeral stupid moments like these make me think "veganism doesn't sound so bad!"; although if it's a pancake/french toast/waffle overdose, it's gluten that becomes the scapegoat. Shame I don't have the discipline to make any of it happen. Meat eating isn't a moral failing, but voluntarily doing without it is a slight moral positive to me.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yep, it's official. Impact has been dethroned as longest SRW ever. Although, I wonder just how exactly that number if calculated since the game also has replayable Grinding Missions. Oh man, it's official. Best 1800 MXN I've ever spent.

Although I know nothing about it except vaguely on paper, how does Operation Extend that odd 3D-no-grid game factor into this? Looking at the breakdown for that game, it does have 34 story missions potentially broken into multiple pieces. Plus upwards of 113 not-DLC sub-missions. -It doesn't say anything about the length of said battles though. 

Not trying to burst Impact's or 30's bubbles, particularly because this is a somewhat peculiar game. I'm making note of OE purely for the sake of it.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although I know nothing about it except vaguely on paper, how does Operation Extend that odd 3D-no-grid game factor into this? Looking at the breakdown for that game, it does have 34 story missions potentially broken into multiple pieces. Plus upwards of 113 not-DLC sub-missions. -It doesn't say anything about the length of said battles though. 

Not trying to burst Impact's or 30's bubbles, particularly because this is a somewhat peculiar game. I'm making note of OE purely for the sake of it.

Admittedly, I wouldn't know. I'm not that familiar with OE's mission structure. The lack of grid was certainly an interesting way to take the gameplay. It was previously done in SRW NEO. Then I guess Impact had been dethroned much earlier then, perhaps.

The game certainly has surprises. There's a special stage where you can fight

Spoiler

Advent, the final boss of the Z saga. And it's repeatable to boot. From end of a saga hallmark to grinding punching bag. How the mighty have fallen.

Also, with the SRX team, I think they're trying to imply this is the reason why they didn't show up in Alpha 2. Since they were curiously absent in that entry of the Alpha saga.

Leave it to Ruben to be a complete weirdo. I was told this game was just okay, Shrimpy didn't even like it. I'm fucking loving it. The tactics are tight in this one, the maps are quick but fun and every character feels like they have a place. How come this one isn't more well known? It feels like nobody has played it at all, there's hardly anything about it online.

In any case, here's what seems to be the final unit, a female armor knight. She's a bit underleveled, but with some help from one of the healers, I was able to have her protect the northern side of the map alongside the first knight. Got some levels, she's closer to viability now. I'm glad too, she's got the coolest design.

...Though why the animal ears? That's so odd, a ton of people have animal features and it's only brought up for the bird tribe. Is it just an anime thing?

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Keyboard pic!? Awesome!

I usually crop it out, but I forgot to until I’d already uploaded, at which point I was just like eh.

Why is it awesome, anyway?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Though why the animal ears? That's so odd, a ton of people have animal features and it's only brought up for the bird tribe. Is it just an anime thing?

They're Tellius fans, I guess they felt they had to have some kind of Laguz.

0kOLQjH.jpg
Game waits until the penultimate chapter to tell me this. That warning could have been used in so many other places… not that it matters if you follow the way of the Sooks%, since you do them (mostly) all immediately, but still.

Oh God, according to someone who replied to a comment I made on Youtube, Benedict from Triangle Strategy could be named after Benedict Arnold, a US general in the 18th century most famous for betraying his country.

He really is going to be a traitor, isn't he.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, according to someone who replied to a comment I made on Youtube, Benedict from Triangle Strategy could be named after Benedict Arnold, a US general in the 18th century most famous for betraying his country.

He really is going to be a traitor, isn't he.

Depends. Is his full name Benedict Judas Davis?

Also, since the betrayal happened in the middle of the revolutionary war, is he a traitor for deciding to go back to being loyal to the country the rebels were... well, rebelling from? It's all a matter of perspective.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, no, but...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, since the betrayal happened in the middle of the revolutionary war, is he a traitor for deciding to go back to being loyal to the country the rebels were... well, rebelling from? It's all a matter of perspective.

In my own defense, I didn't know of the man's existence until I read that one comment. All the guy said is that he was "a famous traitor," something a quick google search confirmed. I don't know much else beyond that.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd ditch the Davis and add Akechi. The South was bad, it deserved to lose and not anything except unconditional surrender, but the South would've betrayed without Davis; it's more likely Nobunaga wouldn't have roasted were it weren't for Mitsuhide. Brutus I could envision as a name comparable or better than Davis, but also inferior to Akechi.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, with the SRX team, I think they're trying to imply this is the reason why they didn't show up in Alpha 2. Since they were curiously absent in that entry of the Alpha saga.

Hmm... what happened to Irm after Alpha Gaiden? I see he wasn't playable in either Alpha 2 or 3. Mayhap they'll be doing the same with him? Why was he even playable in Alpha Gaiden? A Gespenst Mk. II M for the final battle is the stuff of masochism.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

In my own defense, I didn't know of the man's existence until I read that one comment. All the guy said is that he was "a famous traitor," something a quick google search confirmed. I don't know much else beyond that.

Any American should vaguely be familiar with his name, it's taught that much. The American educational system is a trainwreck in terms of what it teaches the masses below a collegiate level, but I think every American history teacher has to say "Benedict Arnold" at least once a year when discussing the Revolutionary War.

As a casual historian such as I would know, he didn't achieve much at all with his betrayal, since it was discovered before he could do anything dramatic. He might've burned a small New England town to the ground during a coastal raid, but nothing more. He did fight heroically at one battle before he betrayed, Saratoga, and he received a significant injury there. It would've been better for his posterity had he died at Saratoga, a hero who tragically made the ultimate sacrifice for his country. As history would have it, he lived, becoming increasingly disgruntled, thinking he wasn't getting the promotions and importance he deserved. And, his wife was very sympathetic to the British and might've been what led him into rejoining the old empire.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd ditch the Davis and add Akechi. The South was bad, it deserved to lose and not anything except unconditional surrender, but the South would've betrayed without Davis; it's more likely Nobunaga wouldn't have roasted were it weren't for Mitsuhide. Brutus I could envision as a name comparable or better than Davis, but also inferior to Akechi.

I suppose. Although Jefferson Davis is sill quite heavily linked to the image of the Confederacy, having being its president during the whole run. If you have to pinpoint just one man to represent the CSA as a whole, it'd be him.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hmm... what happened to Irm after Alpha Gaiden? I see he wasn't playable in either Alpha 2 or 3. Mayhap they'll be doing the same with him? Why was he even playable in Alpha Gaiden? A Gespenst Mk. II M for the final battle is the stuff of masochism.

I don't think it's ever stated. He and Ring just... drop off from the story. With the Masoukishin cast you can at least infer they simply never returned to the surface (though they were meant to reappear in Alpha 3), but for Irm and Ring... we're told nothing.

Leftover data from Alpha they could still use? He still has a story presence, so might as well. But yeah, as someone who missed out the trip to the future, his playable role is more of a formality. It's the same thing for Rai, Aya, and Levi.