• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You followed the advice LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!

I hope the next chapter focuses on Sonya and Genny.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeaaaaah, that was what the degenerates were saying on the reddit of that "thing" during my depression-to-ecstasy madness... last week? Last century? (It feels so long ago.) Come for the hentai, stay/leave forever changed by the non-carnal emotional feels. And yet, what explains the weekly or monthly digital release of official new "artwork" for $15 of said VN?😒 (Not to say all of it looked unappealing or morally disgusting.🙄)

That's because they went for the coom, but stayed for the feels.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Both of you are wrong

No.

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:640x,quality:90x75/images/a147d512ee5a0b7cfa51f404b96fd6f49aa9ffd41ace4aa4fd9be39d2f736a21_1.jpg

…Trails isn’t seriously going the it-was-all-an-evil-cult-that-wants-to-resurrect-devils, is it? Remember Sky, with the best plot in existence?

Well, maybe this cult has actually been being set up this whole time, maybe. For one thing, they’re not at all subtle about Tio’s relation, every time anyone says anything remotely mysterious or vague she goes “…” with a portrait that shows her eyes looking away. Like every single time. Jeez game, I get it.

Edited by Sooks

On 10/25/2021 at 8:57 PM, Benice said:

Hooray! I really, really hope you love it as much as I do.

We will see, as it has been a bit of a mixed bag so far.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:57 PM, Benice said:

By the way, the first ~45 minutes are far and away the worst in the game in terms of story and characters; for all this game does well in those regards, it sure doesn't give them good first impressions...

I have gotten past Kuze, and I was fine with the tutorial bit, as it clearly was just a tutorial bit. I actually found it kinda funny how you can bump into the people on the street before the buttons even do anything 😛 , and being able to hold the trigger button to just auto-follow on the basically walking story scenes was a nice touch. Although the weird cutscenes where peoples mouths don't move when they talk was giving me some uncanny valley feelings. Also its kinda unfortunate how much worse Rush mode is to Brawl: the money Brawl acquires with grab attacks, and improvised weapons makes it more rewarding in the gameplay; one of the big benefits of Rush mode, the extra dodge, is utterly neutered by how enemy combos work; and judging by Kuze's health meter, the weaker but faster attacks of Rush results in noticeably less damage in the same amount of time. As I started reaching this conclusion about Rush mode I started "strategically" switching to it to build up gauge faster, and switch up the momentum with the dodgier approach, but the Kuze fight basically killed what seemed like an interesting dynamic as it fully fleshed out how useless Rush is.

I have just started the second chapter, but haven't really started it thanks to the discovery that purple minigame building have now opened up, although that also has revealed the by far worst part of the game so far, the batting cage...

Storywise it is really weird how "honorable" the Yakuza system is, it gives a kinda dissonant vibe given that they are organized crime (kinda embodied by how Kiryu and Kuze act...). Also it kept giving me a feeling that there would be a big reveal about Kuze not being the villain he seems, with Kiryu being manipulated into conflict with him, but I guess I can forgive the straightforwardness of the tutorial story bit. This isn't to say I am too negative about the story so far, these are just the oddities that I felt needed commenting on

47 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also its kinda unfortunate how much worse Rush mode is to Brawl: the money Brawl acquires with grab attacks, and improvised weapons makes it more rewarding in the gameplay; one of the big benefits of Rush mode, the extra dodge, is utterly neutered by how enemy combos work;

I find it kinda funny how I'm the only person I know who likes Rush mode the best out of Kiryu's styles...

Speaking of, have you figured out how its block works yet?

49 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

batting cage...

Don't speak its name.

This game has some seriously good minigames, (I loved Karaoke and liked Mahjong) this ain't one of them.

I'll be interested to see what you think of Shogi, given that you're better at strategy games than me.

I would personally give the worst one to the Japan Cringe Club, but you'll find that one in due time.

50 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Storywise it is really weird how "honorable" the Yakuza system is, it gives a kinda dissonant vibe given that they are organized crime (kinda embodied by how Kiryu and Kuze act...)

Yeah, honor and duty is a huge part of this game's plot. Moreso for the other playable than Kiryu, though.

51 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This isn't to say I am too negative about the story so far, these are just the oddities that I felt needed commenting on

Glad that you've found the game OK so far! I really hope that as the plot thickens, you get trapped within its embrace.

...That sounded incredibly creepy.

Either way, thank you once more for playing 0!

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Banner Saga trilogy is $10 on the PS store. Sale ends the 20th of next month. Which by then, yeah there should be room on the rotation.

Well there you have it @Sooks @Saint Rubenio. Late next month. I'll see what the deal is all about.

I cannot wait for you to absolutely hate it because it is impossible for us to agree about anything.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Let’s go.

Remember to make all the bad choices I did so I can feel better but none of the ones Ruben did (do whatever you want with the overlap). You don’t want to miss out on a chance to bully Ruben, do you?

You do know I'm going to bully him if he makes the one mistake, right? Your instructions will lead him to his doom!

So yeah. Do as he said, Armagon.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me explaining to Armagon why Metroid is the worst thing ever made

tenor.gif

Indeed.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'll do it by killing his favorite character.

Not Rugga...! You wouldn't dare!

7 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:640x,quality:90x75/images/a147d512ee5a0b7cfa51f404b96fd6f49aa9ffd41ace4aa4fd9be39d2f736a21_1.jpg

This image is hilarious.

So I went into Fred Jones, Pink Sylvis today, eager to continue. When I tried to load my save, the yes button wasn't doing anything, however. I thought "ahah, silly indie game, look at this funky glitch."

That's when I noticed, it's not that the yes button was doing nothing. It's that the game ate up my save file.

I have no idea how it happened, but... Well, looks like I am restarting the run after all. I'll have to run some tests and see if this was a one-off thing or if it's going to keep happening. And if it is, it may be refund time lol.

EDIT: Never mind, turns out the "resume" option is only for suspending, and the "start" button is for everything else. Oof.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why's that?
I do appreciate the sentiment, but there's no need to feel sorry for me when it comes to stuff like this, since I never really cared about how many/few units a game I liked sold. Sales figures - and reviews, for that matter - never had any influence on my purchasing decisions or my opinions on a game. Only my own thoughts matter in this regard.

Unless you mean you feel sorry for me in that I can't play the game yet, and have to wait for one and a half weeks still.

Edited by DragonFlames

Well, save or no save, I decided to restart. Went much better this time, since I'm not playing at night when I can't FE.

Having Gritz in chapter 2 is so nice. Now I can actually stop that pesky thief before they unleash Ragnarok by opening up the lower room. He's even levelled up better, he's gained enough speed to double most things, which is all sorts of nice.

17 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Damn, Ruben's save almost got caught in one of Gritz's bear traps.

Ahahahahahahahaha... The trap called "iffy menu translations."

Well, the translation in general is a wee bit iffy. Like, it's not bad, don't get me wrong. Dialogue is perfectly fine, even fun at times. But you can tell the devs didn't exactly have the budget to hire 8-4. It's got a little "engrish" feeling to it, I hope I'm explaining myself properly.

So this Hiorno guy kept talking about his secret. Apparently this secret led him to kidnap what looks like an 8 year old girl.

Please tell me this isn't going to be creepy. Please tell me they're just going to pull a fast one on me like Kaga with Pan and Tina.

In other news, it's pretty hilarious that this game does something better than Berwick Saga, of all things. Since traps are such a big part of the game, they made it so you can manually choose the path your units are going to take when moving. This wasn't a thing in Berwick Saga, which in a couple of situations is annoying, because you might know there's an Overwatch asshole hiding in some woods but you cannot circumvent his range as you'd like to.

Also, I love that there's a "get a game over" achievement... But I didn't get it because when I got routed last night, the game crashed. Usually there's a "don't lose X unit" game over condition, but in this case, it was an NPC, so the game crapped itself when I had no units to control. Oof.

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

since I never really cared about how many/few units a game I liked sold. Sales figures - and reviews, for that matter - never had any influence on my purchasing decisions or my opinions on a game. Only my own thoughts matter in this regard.

The real right way to view things like this.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not Rugga...! You wouldn't dare!

Dn1nyqCXsAAVXw9_1.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

it's mainly because sales decide if they will continue the series or not

Also depends on the series too. I don't think Gust is expecting Blue Reflection 2 to do Atelier numbers.

56 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

it's mainly because sales decide if they will continue the series or not

Wasn't the Tales of series a series that sold poorly (around the Xillia era) yet continued on?