Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit.

He was level 20/4 before, so he might have been a little underlevelled.

But I meant it when he say he committed a war crime. Nobody killed nearly as many. Especially when nobody else at the front had the lances/rank for the beast killer.

Why is this chapter the one exception to "Corrin doesn't kill everyone" anyway?

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ey yo where my Metroids at?

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Delthea is a spoiled brat and Luthier has no idea how to human. They're both horrible, I love it.

Also, I found Luthier's second base conversation right after his A support with Delthea and it kinda sheds a different light on the support.

Aaaaaanyway, Delthea, Gray, Python and Randal all promote. Good on them. Clive and Mathilda will have to wait till after the next map.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Indeed. He's so deep into castle defense because that's the only thing he's good for.

Hmph.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ever heard of anything pre circa 2010?

Isn't that when people thought Jeigans were experience thieves?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

But I meant it when he say he committed a war crime. Nobody killed nearly as many. Especially when nobody else at the front had the lances/rank for the beast killer.

He taught them a little lesson in Hoshidan combat.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just passed a 3% check to persuade a locked door to open because I thought it was special for absolutely no reason. That is all.

Typical Disco Elysium experience.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Isn't that when people thought Jeigans were experience thieves?

Eeyup.

But hey, it's the 2020's now. We'll have a new slew of opinions and think the people from the 2010's were crazy. As were the 2000'ers, and the 1990'ers.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ahhh, fucking Christ... Not this map again.

Hey, Nuibaba. How about a deal? I stay in your dungeon forever and you let my army pick up Tatiana and be on their merry way without playing through your godawful map. How about it?

...No, of course not. You're a bunch of pixels on a screen, I can't just negotiate with you. Bah... Fine, let's get this done. Here's hoping I don't drop the game afterwards like last time. I mean, I've got more units, thanks to all the DLC and not having dropped anyone this time, but... No mercs, and Silque is so horrendous that she's yet to get to the level of summoning some. This is going to be awful, isn't it...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, Nuibaba. How about a deal? I stay in your dungeon forever and you let my army pick up Tatiana and be on their merry way without playing through your godawful map. How about it?

Rubenio goes to horny jail, 2021.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No mercs, and Silque is so horrendous that she's yet to get to the level of summoning some. This is going to be awful, isn't it...

To be fair, one DF would be nice but I still felt it was awkward trying to fight with just one.

How far off is Silque? Like I said, the first time I succeeded I happened to level her up to that spell in the map.

Fuga's wild ride definitely has a formulaic approach, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Aaawwwwwwwwww

Now I'm remembering why this map took me so long to beat.

It's like they made that horrible staircase approach that takes ten hours because they knew the best way to beat this map is by abusing the retreat feature, so they decided to make it as painful on the player as possible.

Gaaaahh...

Rubenio goes to horny jail, 2021.

Not even. I just want to not play this map. Kill me now if that's what it takes.

To be fair, one DF would be nice but I still felt it was awkward trying to fight with just one.

How far off is Silque? Like I said, the first time I succeeded I happened to level her up to that spell in the map.

I have no idea. Dunno when she learns the spell.

...Uhhhh well I believe like, 4 or 5 levels away. 4 or 5 levels that I won't grind because Silque is the shittiest combat unit in the game and grinding her up would be hell.

Fuga's wild ride definitely has a formulaic approach, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I always thought that map was quite fun, but I'm a weirdo.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, Xaizor goes down. And I mean, down. I was going to give the kill to Delthea or Randal or... really, someone who needs it, but then Luthier decided he was too easy pickings and got yet another crit.

Eeyi2JaUMAA3OPX.jpg

Python crits.

Python crits is my strategy.

I fucking hate this map.

4 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Ah so Rubenio is playing Echoes. Good luck my slightly insane friend!

You're only just noticing now?

Well, to be precise, the strategy is "Emma lures the enemies closer to the edge of the fort, one by one, and then I pray for Python crits." In the case of the arcanists. For the dread fighters, Emma lures them closer to the border, then someone stands at the edge of the mountain and the dread fighters have enough movement to get within melee range. Then I feed them to Clive and Mathilda so they get closer to promotion.

...Hey, and just like that, there's only four enemies left in the map. Hurray. It has been far less of a problem than last time. Probably because last time, I tried to play it, storm the abode from behind, see if there was a trick to it. Nah, nah, the map is broken, and to break it in an extremely tedious manner over the course of a thousand turns is the only timely way to defeat it.

Oh but it's not over yet. The three enemies remaining are safely hidden within Nuibaba's range, so now I have to march the entire army around the fort over the course of another thousand turns while I think of a way to dispose of them.

8 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Stop twisting his arm, Ruben.

He can't even take dying seriously.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

OH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

I thought I'd save myself the tedium of walking around the abode by using the auto command feature. This resulted in Claire charging Nuibaba on her own and dying horribly.

Yep, there is no escaping this, is there... And to top all the annoyance off, I pressed enter to insert a line break and instead Serenes decided "OH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE" was all the information you guys were getting. Grrr...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

The game froze for a fraction of a second when Nuibaba casted medusa on Clive.

My heart skipped 7 beats. Please no. Anything but a crash. Not at this point. I cannot even save state for peace of mind, because the fucking DLC issue is still present.

Sooo how long did that take me? A full hour, with generous usage of emulator turbo and skipping almost all animations?

God, this map is horrible. It's just so fucking shit. Only reason I didn't suffer as much as last time is that I turtled like a madman and picked the enemies off one by one. Horrible, horrible, horrible map. Still the worst in the entire game by far... Though, of course, I haven't played the rest of the game yet. But for now, the opinion stands.

And now to have a snack. I don't want more Echoes right now.

22 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

No, I’ve been enjoying your commentary.

Glad you have.

22 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

The True Echoes experience

Hot take: The swamp maps are not as bad as this. Usually you're harried by enough enemies that trudging through the swamp is at least mildly interesting. This horseshit of a man has you walking for a hundred turns while the only opposition is extremely weak gargoyles. Nuibaba's spell ensures all manner of aggressive approach is completely impossible, so all you can do is either abuse retreat or do it the tedious, unfun way.

I hate this map so much.