Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

still know nothing about it, but I’ve suddenly decided that TLP good, actually.

If you play TLP: you will see all the relations to Trails in the Sky easily. Assuming your remember most of the plot of course!

• Replies 177.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

PIA07763_Rhea_full_globe5.jpg

Edelgard's least favorite moon (astronomy joke).

23 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

No

Zero is effectively Sky 4

How many Sky games are there? Next you're going to tell me that Cold Steel IV is Sky 8 or something.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Plus a potato can run all three Sky games, I first played FC on my family’s ancient laptop with zero difficulty.

Windows potato you mean, which I don't have. But if I really want to, I can just look up the cutscenes if I can't find a way to play it.

Oh man, that's some smooth animation on Stone Free's strings.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe the XC2 attires I can see, but XC1's are pretty fine. And, XCX can be cool.:

XCX-Orphean-Style-Armour-Artwork.png

Sure it's fanservicey at times on the ladies, but what else is new? There's still plenty of good.

These are Tokusatsu costumes. The one on the left especially.

37 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of which, would Trails from Zero be a good starting point for the series when it gets localized in a million years?

Trails is a series best played in order so no.

Which is why it's increasingly difficult to recommend this series as it goes on. It's gonna reach a point where i'm just gonna say "nah".

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Windows potato you mean, which I don't have. But if I really want to, I can just look up the cutscenes if I can't find a way to play it.

Got a smartphone? The Sky and Crossbell games can be played on the PSP. Although you'll be out of luck on Sky 3rd, as the PSP version never got translated.

Edited by Armagon

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

How many Sky games are there?

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Next you're going to tell me that Cold Steel IV is Sky 8 or something.

CS4 is the 9th Trails game, and continues the overaching story

however all CS games are shit and i would never call them Sky x

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I believe @twilitfalchion played them on his not-Windows computer. Regardless, you can always emulate the PSP versions of FC and SC (that might have been what he did). Sky 3rd’s PSP version never got translated, but I think there’s a patch floating around for that. I think.

Looking up all the cutscenes would take a loooong time, more power to you if you do that.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

but I think there’s a patch floating around for that. I think.

There isn't. I know because I tried looking for it.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This isnt a KH plotline!

Trails of Cold Steel: 2.9 Final Birth by Awake Saga HD Remix.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I believe @twilitfalchion played them on his not-Windows computer. Regardless, you can always emulate the PSP versions of FC and SC (that might have been what he did). Sky 3rd’s PSP version never got translated, but I think there’s a patch floating around for that. I think.

Looking up all the cutscenes would take a loooong time, more power to you if you do that.

I did indeed. I used MacOS Boot Camp Launcher to create a Windows partition that works like a charm for Windows programs. It’s a bit tedious to flip back and forth between OS’s, but not that bad, tbh.

———

Gotta love not being able to sleep, man. Highly recommend it. /s

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Unsurprisingly, interview was a bust. I didn't qualified for their jobs. Said they'd call if something opened up that was to my field. So... I'm never gonna be called. Oh well.

Definitely didn't want that for you, sorry man.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

So basically like two days ago, the US passed a law that basically treats crypto like real money and thus, is subject to taxation. There are more details and shit i won't get into but the tl;dr cryptobros that make a certain amount of money off of crypto have to file taxes for it and it's a felony if they don't.

I want the world to think about people whinging about taxes as trying to be Yoshi.

Clearly what they love about their alternative to money is that it clearly can't be taxable as it's not money..... while it's trying to tie itself to exchange with currencies and they're so determined to make money off of it. Maybe that's why one of my relatives is stubbornly into it.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly when I heard about this I decided I couldn't really find it funny because there's petty and there's making edited AMVs of you crushing your enemies.

(Also, this opening's nearly a decade old. That's.... an attempt to be current, that sure is.)

Did he make it himself?

Edited by Dayni

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Aren’t you gonna tell me that using her is boring and I should use Matthis instead?

I will tell you to use Matthis alongside Caeda. Caeda is the best unit in SD, but she's also super cool, so I forgive her. I mean, how often do you see earlygame pegasus knights who are combat goddesses? In that regard, the series only went down hill. All these years and Caeda still stands tall above all her peers. With the arguable exception of book2!Palla, and even then. Even then.

...Still, yes. Do use Matthis. You can't just play SD in my presence and not be pushed into using Matthis.

it’s known for being difficult

It's known for being difficult? What? I mean, the lategame is more difficult than most FE lategames, but... then again, isn't that what it should always be? One of FE's most common flaws is that lategames tend to be rather boring.

and having a very okay story, I think.

Pfft... Okay, now I'm not sure where you're getting your info. TLP is infamous for having a "so bad it's good" story.

...I don't agree, actually. There's quite a bit of silliness, but the badness is vastly overblown, in my humble opinion.

Wasn’t it also like the first hack to ever be finished or was that a different one?

That's right. Back in the prehistory of FE hacks, when none of the fancy tools hackers use nowadays existed. Made by one 15 year old. It's... kinda sad that it still is one of the biggest, most creative and technically impressive hacks out there. Like, seriously, it has an elaborate postgame. Do you know the amount of hacks nowadays that have postgames? I'm pretty sure the answer is a resounding zero.

10 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Thracia 24x he probably designed when he was 12

Hahahaha... Yeah, I cannot disagree. Half of Thracia is great, but the other half is like... Why, Kaga?

Chapter 21 particularly frustrates me. Look, I understand that story/gameplay integration good. Reinhardt and his army are described as gods in the story, it'd be a bit jarring if they were only average combatants in the gameplay. However... you know what is even more jarring? Them giving up and pooping out of existence when Leif and a single, unarmored mage teleport to the castle, kill the secondary commander and sit their sorry asses there, alone and completely surrounded. Which is the only strategy for the map that doesn't result in one of the most miserable FE experiences. I should know, I beat it legit(ish) in my first run.

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont test me and the other Xeno family around here!

You tested me first. You do not bench the Endgame Ready Beard and gloat about it to me!

9 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

I mean

as much as i like Xenoblade...

The Uniform designs...

I stand with Ruben there xD

Hurray! Support!

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, Ruben? TLP is literally based on Trails in the Sky, so if you like TLP, you like Trails. Check and mate. Xd

There is an important difference, however: TLP has gameplay, which is its biggest upside. Trails in the Sky has gameplay, and it happens to be its most crippling downside.

Honestly, I think I would've enjoyed the game way more if it was just a VN, without bland JRPG tedium getting in the way.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

I still know nothing about it, but I’ve suddenly decided that TLP good, actually. Let’s post some music from Ruben’s favorite series in celebration, tracks he’s sure to remember.

Curse you, Suckes. Go play TLP now. And don't forget to use Logan, he is a great unit.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

"Xenoblade had bad designs"

Not gonna lie. It's... only okay. I've seen far better. But I've got weird tastes.

I am playing Echoes again. Made it to the Sage's Hamlet. It is time for Ruben to rant about Echoes's story again.

So uh... Back at Nuibaba, there was a really dumb scene where Nuibaba lured Alm to her abode with an illusion of Celica. This is absolutely pointless, because Lukas already outlined a perfectly valid reason for us to go there. The problem is that now Celica is manifesting herself to Alm as an illusion, and yet he's... not even slightly suspicious. Somehow he just knows that this is the real deal. A nitpick, I know, but... Sheesh, why do half the things Echoes added to the story feel so... heavy-handed?

Anyway, Alm promotes. I still can't proceed towards Rudolf, so I guess I'll go beat up Jedah.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am playing Echoes again. Made it to the Sage's Hamlet. It is time for Ruben to rant about Echoes's story again.

So uh... Back at Nuibaba, there was a really dumb scene where Nuibaba lured Alm to her abode with an illusion of Celica. This is absolutely pointless, because Lukas already outlined a perfectly valid reason for us to go there. The problem is that now Celica is manifesting herself to Alm as an illusion, and yet he's... not even slightly suspicious. Somehow he just knows that this is the real deal. A nitpick, I know, but... Sheesh, why do half the things Echoes added to the story feel so... heavy-handed?

Anyway, Alm promotes. I still can't proceed towards Rudolf, so I guess I'll go beat up Jedah.

They added the Celica astral call while the illusion was in Gaiden.

I don't disagree that the removal of one of the other would be wiser.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pfft... Okay, now I'm not sure where you're getting your info. TLP is infamous for having a "so bad it's good" story.

...I don't agree, actually. There's quite a bit of silliness, but the badness is vastly overblown, in my humble opinion.

Maybe that’s why, because you’re the one who usually posts about it. But Ruben’s opinions are never the standard, silly me.

Curse you, Suckes. Go play TLP now. And don't forget to use Logan, he is a great unit.

I still have a few FEs I want to play.

Oh right, I forgot. Jedah is funny and has to be attacked three times before he can be really hurt.

...Atlas is so absurdly powerful that he one-shots Jedah with a sagittae crit. I love this guy.

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

They added the Celica astral call while the illusion was in Gaiden.

Oh. Well, I didn't know that.

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I don't disagree that the removal of one of the other would be wiser.

Definitely.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe that’s why, because you’re the one who usually posts about it.

Hahahahahaha... Amazing.

But Ruben’s opinions are never the standard, silly me.

You should know better.

I still have a few FEs I want to play.

Well, all in due time.

That's right. Back in the prehistory of FE hacks, when none of the fancy tools hackers use nowadays existed. Made by one 15 year old. It's... kinda sad that it still is one of the biggest, most creative and technically impressive hacks out there. Like, seriously, it has an elaborate postgame. Do you know the amount of hacks nowadays that have postgames? I'm pretty sure the answer is a resounding zero.

Hey alot of this is true! Now if only it hadn't taken so many ideas from Trails in the Sky, it's story creativity might be higher as well. XD

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey alot of this is true! Now if only it hadn't taken so many ideas from Trails in the Sky, it's story creativity might be higher as well. XD

Who even cares about the story?

Honestly though, I know I'm not the biggest Trails expert around, but aside from lifting Leon straight from Trails, I'm not aware of any other similarities. Unless you're telling me a One Piece character also makes a random cameo in Trails, and lemme tell you, that doesn't speak too highly of it.