Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Remember Ruben: picture perfect male Lord good. Female Lord with understandable flaws and lapses in judgement bad

not really, no. There's a difference between flaws and straight up idiocy. I already spoke about my problems with Alm, so i don't want perfect male lords, either.

And alot of my fav. MC are female. It's just FE sucks at doing them imo. From the Female ones the only one i consider well done is Edelgard.

Edited by Shrimp γ

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unless I misinterpreted your previous claims and you weren't quite saying that the entire story is a copy?

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

it hadn't taken so many ideas from Trails in the Sky,

here's what I said, claiming it took a bit too much inspiration from Sky, which leans a bit more towards no originality to me. Not that it was a 1:1 recreation.

Ahh, there it is.

The ANKLEEEEEEHHHH moment. I had almost forgotten it was a thing.

Berkut is hilarious.

Lagmezai o

Then Rudolf became Easy Pickings.

Anyway, that was a quick map. Zeke and Tatiana both died, but... ah, who cares. I'll just go back to Fear Mountain before starting act 5. Hopefully I can. Otherwise... well, them's the breaks, but I got Shade and Randal.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

The Fifth act is mostly in a dungeon.

There is a place or two you'll be able to save.

Good, thank you.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

not really, no. There's a difference between flaws and straight up idiocy. I already spoke about my problems with Alm, so i don't want perfect male lords, either.

And alot of my fav. MC are female. It's just FE sucks at doing them imo

They seem allergic to the idea of having a female protagonist that doesn't ever get rescued by some guy or another.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

here's what I said, claiming it took a bit too much inspiration from Sky, which leans a bit more towards no originality to me. Not that it was a 1:1 recreation.

I mean, I still don't see how a handful of irrelevant characters means "no originality", but eh. Agree to disagree and all that. I'm not nearly familiar enough with Trails to argue.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, that was a quick map. Zeke and Tatiana both died, but... ah, who cares. I'll just go back to Fear Mountain before starting act 5. Hopefully I can. Otherwise... well, them's the breaks, but I got Shade and Randal.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:
Lagmezai o

Then Rudolf became Easy Pickings.

They threatened his family.

He demolished their empire.

Tale of Luthier: Easy Pickings

Coming never.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good, thank you.

You won't be in the dungeon immediately, so Zeke and Tatiana can be resurrected.

Oh, for Christ's sake, I forgot... Going back to revive those two idiots means I have to go through two necrodragon skirmishes. Soooo tedious...

Well, no matter. Before moving forward, I will say for the record, act 5 is the part of Echoes that I am the least familiar with. I believe it was changed rather dramatically from the original, and I've never played nor watcehd it, so I know next to nothing about what happens here. So uh... Yeh. For whatever that's worth, this is all new territory for me.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

They threatened his family.

He demolished their empire.

Tale of Luthier: Easy Pickings

Coming never.

He will kill God next.

...Oh wait, right, he can't.

Up to Genny, then.

You won't be in the dungeon immediately, so Zeke and Tatiana can be resurrected.

Kinda wish it couldn't be... Stupid Echoes world map mechanics.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nananananananah, I'm on it. I'm gonna fix it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, for Christ's sake, I forgot... Going back to revive those two idiots means I have to go through two necrodragon skirmishes. Soooo tedious...

F

You didn't know about the Secret Shrine did you?

Just now, Dayni said:

F

You didn't know about the Secret Shrine did you?

...The what?

Oh, you've got to be shitting me. KAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well, that's okay. Thankfully I hadn't gotten past the first skirmish yet. That was a nice waste of two minutes, but... Thankfully, no more.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They seem allergic to the idea of having a female protagonist that doesn't ever get rescued by some guy or another

Random Dev.: Let's have a cool, strong and dependable female protag with alot of development

IS: And let's make her over dependant on a male protag/Avatar. GENIUS!

Kaga: Let's put her in chains and mindwash her and almost make her a slave. PERFECT!

Funny how Gaiden actually pulled it fine there.

Sure, Alm has to rescue Celica at Duma's Tower... but that was after Celica had to put herself in danger to begin with to rescue him from the Dracozombies. Thus making them even.

Hey Berkut... What's that in your hair?

Nothing but lice... Lice, lice, LICE, LICE, LICEEEEEEE!

9 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Random Dev.: Let's have a cool, strong and dependable female protag with alot of development

IS: And let's make her over dependant on a male protag/Avatar. GENIUS!

Kaga: Let's put her in chains and mindwash her and almost make her a slave. PERFECT!

Yeah, no arguments here for either side. They both suck at this.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Funny how Gaiden actually pulled it fine there.

Sure, Alm has to rescue Celica at Duma's Tower... but that was after Celica had to put herself in danger to begin with to rescue him from the Dracozombies. Thus making them even.

Hey, that's not too bad. Kudos to you, Kaga. It was decent.

Okay, so the power of hope and shit has made Mila grand us the power of legendary macguffin sword. Or something.

Not gonna lie, at this point I'm kinda over this game. As far as I know the only big maps are Berkut and the finale? I really hope I am able to dodge all other encounters.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, at this point I'm kinda over this game. As far as I know the only big maps are Berkut and the finale? I really hope I am able to dodge all other encounters.

It can be rough to, but the map encounters can be moved around.

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, I still don't see how a handful of irrelevant characters means "no originality", but eh. Agree to disagree and all that. I'm not nearly familiar enough with Trails to argue.

Evil mage boss (galagar?)'s backstory is literally a Rehash of the tradgedy of Hamil.

You know, if this is the result of Rudolf's parenting, perhaps Alm lucked out when he was sent to the farlands with Mycen.

Ah, well. Let's get this over with.

Just now, Dayni said:

It can be rough to, but the map encounters can be moved around.

Well, at any rate, I've made it to Berkut without running into any complications. So that's nice.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Evil mage boss (galagar?)'s backstory is literally a Rehash of the tradgedy of Hamil.

Reading up on what you just brought up... No, it's not Galagar. It's, once again, Kelik and Leon's backstory that somewhat (not even entirely) aligns with this. Galagar's backstory is a completely different thing.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reading up on what you just brought up... No, it's not Galagar. It's, once again, Kelik and Leon's backstory that somewhat (not even entirely) aligns with this. Galagar's backstory is a completely different thing.

If I could remeber the ending sequence, just maybe. Xd

Well, there goes Berkut. Would've liked to kill him with Luthier, but Delthea paid him back for all the kill steals and got a crit. Eh. I'm fine with that. He already has an emperor kill. She can take the sloppy seconds.

Plus, I got to watch Forsyth killing Rinea. He died afterwards and I had to go back in time, but... eh.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Doesnt the mage kid lose his sister and the tragedy is covered up?

The first part. Though isn't the tragedy of Hamil a different thing? At least it seemed to be from skimming a wiki article.