Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I'll be honest I really wanna chat with you guys here more but I have no interest/experience in a lot of these topics, so I'm just gonna post FE shitposts I find. 

Welcome! What kind of topics interest you? I'm sure other people would be happy to talk.

(IIRC I joined the Teeheemunity back on the Last to Post thread when I said something random, but I can't quite remember.)

5 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

find. 8im3bp8d7qz71.png?width=600&auto=webp&s=793d3ffd3c5189597cc4804343aeb117169ca232

Accurate.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Just start something you want to talk about and you might find us joining 😉

We don'T bite!

Speak for yourself /s

8 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I'll be honest I really wanna chat with you guys here more but I have no interest/experience in a lot of these topics, so I'm just gonna post FE shitposts I find. 8im3bp8d7qz71.png?width=600&auto=webp&s=793d3ffd3c5189597cc4804343aeb117169ca232

I see BB is getting it's special edition already.

True enough, I suppose. I though up an opinion question for you guys at least. What's all of your thoughts on distant past, past, and modern FE portraits? Stuff like the GBA portraits vs. the modern FE3H stuff. Personally, I've always liked the GBA ones the most, I dunno why.

21 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I'll be honest I really wanna chat with you guys here more but I have no interest/experience in a lot of these topics, so I'm just gonna post FE shitposts I find. 

'Tis alright. I just post stuff even if no one will answer. Like that one time I posted about my playthrough of the Ace Combat PS2 trilogy. I'm pretty sure I got zero acknowledgement of it. Yet I still did it. So talk to your heart's content.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If it's between GBA and 3H, then I'd say 3H. I think the portraits are quite nice in that game.

GBA portraits have their own charm, but as far as pixel art goes, they really can't compete with SNESFE, IMO.

I was thinking of any of the portraits, I just used GBA and 3H as examples.

Okay, time to finally confront President Eden. I remember reading up Bethesda actually tried to approach Bill Clinton to voice Eden. That would've been... wild, I bet. And so wrong, considering the Enclave is the Republican Party on steroids... or just in a couple years. So, I've convinced him to self-destruct Raven Rock. Though first, must get out of there... thankfully this isn't a timed segment.

---

12 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I was thinking of any of the portraits, I just used GBA and 3H as examples.

Ah, well in that case, I'd rank the games by how much I like their portraits like this.

Tellius > Echoes > OG Mystery = Genealogy/Thracia > Awakening > 3H > GBA > Fates > DSFE > NESFE

Edited by twilitfalchion

40 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, did you use any archers in PoR?

Astrid.

37 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I'll be honest I really wanna chat with you guys here more but I have no interest/experience in a lot of these topics,

Ahaha... Hey, it's okay. It happens. There's a few of us and we tend to talk about whatever the heck we feel like. I understand it can feel daunting.

Just speak your mind. Oh, and it helps if you like the series Trails in the Sky. Or Conquest. Either will get folks talking. Berwick Saga, too, but I'll need to see your Kaga Elitist pass if you're gonna go down that route.

so I'm just gonna post FE shitposts I find. 

8im3bp8d7qz71.png?width=600&auto=webp&s=793d3ffd3c5189597cc4804343aeb117169ca232

Does the rest of Roy's harem consent though?

24 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

True enough, I suppose. I though up an opinion question for you guys at least. What's all of your thoughts on distant past, past, and modern FE portraits? Stuff like the GBA portraits vs. the modern FE3H stuff.

These are my thoughts on the entire series's portraits.

1-2: Awful, but it's understandable due to hardware limitations, and they have a certain derpy charm to them. They're funny. That always counts for something.

3-4: Awful.

Thracia: Good enough. A huge improvement over the previous titles, though they suffer a bit from their small size. There's not much room for outfits there. Also, the portrait reuse is strong with this one.

GBA: Great. Less expressive than future portraits, but they're pretty. The blinking is iconic.

Tellius: I love how you can see more of their bodies. They're also much more expressive than anything up to this point. Quite excellent.

Shadow Dragon: New Mystery but worse.

New Mystery: Not the most popular opinion, I know, but I really like them. They have a semi-realistic, bleak aesthetic to them that I dig. They're unique. Distinctive. Shadow Dragon suffered from washed out colors and a few legitimately ugly faces, but both of these were updated in New Mystery, where the style truly shone.

Awakening: Fates but worse.

Fates: They're really well drawn, super expressive and quite varied. Awesome all around. I particularly love how there's a specific art direction for both factions, it helps set them apart. It's something that basically no other game in the series does. I just wish the outfits for some of the women weren't so... Ugh.

Echoes: The best portraits in the series. Everything about them is so pleasant. The only problem is that there aren't more of them.

Three Houses: Mediocre. Not terrible, but the worst since the Genealogy days. Flat lightning, same-faces, pre-timeskip students all dress in the same set of clothes... Again, it's not Genealogy, but considering everything past that point has ranged from good to excellent, it's rather disappointing.

Tl;dr: We need Hidari back. Or Kozaki! I'll gladly take Kozaki too, if he'll just... please make better female designs this time. Pretty please? Heck, it wasn't even his fault from what I've gathered. It was the damned higher-ups forcing his hand...

Personally, I've always liked the GBA ones the most, I dunno why.

They're iconic. Maybe just because hacks use them by default, so everyone's used to seeing them all the time. But they're iconic.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Roy's Harem is meh

2VoBW1E.jpg

Now that's a harem

That doesn't count though. Seliph shares his harem with everyone else in the generation. Roy, on the other hand, made it illegal for anyone other than him to fall in love. Nobody in his game can marry but him. It's rather hilarious.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Seliph x Larcei is the only option

Who did I marry him to, again?

Ah yes, Lene. I mean, not that it matters. Marriage in gen 2 is only marginally less useless than marriage in Three Houses.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That doesn't count though. Seliph shares his harem with everyone else in the generation. Roy, on the other hand, made it illegal for anyone other than him to fall in love. Nobody in his game can marry but him. It's rather hilarious.

Roysexuals the original Avatarsexuals

15 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

ftfy

Lene, Lana, Leen... Who cares. Forgettable healer girl. I struggled for a moment to remember her existence. There nothing to her, absolutely nothing.

https://strawpoll.com/xyr9qu1gy

Let's see what The Teeheemunity will choose hmm

Oh wait. The dancer was called Leen, wasn't she...

...Gen 2's cast is so forgettable.

Gee, I wonder who voted for the replacements.

9 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Wait, I haven't played Binding Blade yet. The only paired supports is with Roy? That's silly.

Yep. It is quite silly. Never mind the fact that the game pushes one of the options super hard.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

What, no Altena?

Altena cannot marry, can she? According to the wiki, she makes all the girls jealous, which is hilarious, but she herself cannot fall in love with anyone.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The blinking is iconic

FE6 wants to know your location.

50 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

True enough, I suppose. I though up an opinion question for you guys at least. What's all of your thoughts on distant past, past, and modern FE portraits? Stuff like the GBA portraits vs. the modern FE3H stuff. Personally, I've always liked the GBA ones the most, I dunno why.

I think my favorites are Berwick Saga's or Vestaria's, but I dunno if those count. In terms of mainline FE, I feel like

RD>SoV>TH>GBA-FE7>FE4>FE7>FE9

Somethin' about FE9's portraits scares me, but I don't know exactly what it is.

12 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

https://strawpoll.com/xyr9qu1gy

Let's see what The Teeheemunity will choose hmm

I would say Larcei, but when the FE4 remake adds adds a self-insert avatar, no chance Seliph's getting paired up with her.

Full degenerate hours for me if the FE4 remake does add a self-insert.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I would say Larcei, but when the FE4 remake adds adds a self-insert avatar, no chance Seliph's getting paired up with her.

Full degenerate hours for me if the FE4 remake does add a self-insert.

so that's what you are into

naruhodo.gif

Wait they can be paired up?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Altena cannot marry, can she? According to the wiki, she makes all the girls jealous, which is hilarious, but she herself cannot fall in love with anyone.

Technically no, since Altena has a straight -5 per turn love growth with the guys. However, she has higher priority in some cases with the jealousy system.

If you were to use the box formation, you give her +5 each turn (+10 from jealousy, -5 per turn), so yes, she can be paired up. It's just hard to pull off, and very limited. It's easiest with Fevail since Altena has highest priority with him. For some reason. As it is, you can only really pair her with Chulainn, Lester, Febail, and Coirpre. If same-level priority can make her win points, then that opens up more options.

As it is, it's only truly impossible with Oifey, Iucharba, Diarmud, Shanan, and Ares, as she's at the very bottom of the jealousy priority list for them.