Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

The most bullshit part about last night's math test that i most likely bombed was that half the questions were like "what's the probability of drawing x card from a standard 52 card deck" without it actually telling me how many of those cards there are in the first place. Like i really was expected to memorize how many aces there are to find the probability.

Very cool stuff, i love being tested on shit that isn't relevant to the class.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The most bullshit part about last night's math test that i most likely bombed was that half the questions were like "what's the probability of drawing x card from a standard 52 card deck" without it actually telling me how many of those cards there are in the first place. Like i really was expected to memorize how many aces there are to find the probability.

Well, in case you plan on becoming a Magician, now you know! XD

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

but yeah considering the size of the joy-cons I don't have much of a propensity to keep a finger on each of the buttons so I could improve my handling of the controls.

Don't go joy-con, go pro-con.😎

The "shallowness" of the joy-con buttons leave me fearing they'll lose their sensitivity eventually if press them too much. That and the joys' small size and stick drift issues make the investment in a pro controller worth it. The thing still works great.  -Course, this means playing undocked I need something to rest the Switch on, but that's why I have a portable laptop... rest thing I can throw on my lap in bed or on the couch. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Have you never seen a deck of cards? There are 4 Aces, one for each suit (hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades), and each suit has 13 cards, An ace, numbers 2-10, a Jack, A Queen, and a King). Note this means the answer is 4 no matter which card they mentioned, so not exactly much memorization needed. This is fairly common knowledge, although if they tried asking about a Pinochle deck I think I would agree, as that is a lot less commonly known (deck of 48 cards, 9,10, Jack, King Queen, and Ace, with two copies of each of the 4 standard suits, so 8 copied of Aces in that one).

IMG_20211116_091005.jpg

Just finished up another run. I'm getting faster each time.

Play Metroid Dread.

31 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This is fairly common knowledge

Not to me it ain't.

Besides there were more to the questions (probability of drawing a straight flush and three of a kind, for example), they weren't super simple. But it doesn't change the fact that it was artificially made harder for me because I had never in my life thought about what goes into a 52 deck.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Have you never seen a deck of cards? There are 4 Aces, one for each suit (hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades), and each suit has 13 cards, An ace, numbers 2-10, a Jack, A Queen, and a King). Note this means the answer is 4 no matter which card they mentioned, so not exactly much memorization needed. This is fairly common knowledge, although if they tried asking about a Pinochle deck I think I would agree, as that is a lot less commonly known (deck of 48 cards, 9,10, Jack, King Queen, and Ace, with two copies of each of the 4 standard suits, so 8 copied of Aces in that one).

Me, an Spaniard: "Why isn't the king carrying a club!?"

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Besides there were more to the questions (probability of drawing a straight flush and three of a kind, for example), they weren't super simple. But it doesn't change the fact that it was artificially made harder for me because I had never in my life thought about what goes into a 52 deck.

Math teacher be like "so I'm gonna assume you all played Luigi Poker when you were kids. Or regular poker. Any poker works. No poker doesn't work, though."

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I have a particular obsession with cards, especially the French deck, but I feel the pain. I always had trouble with math problems about football. Did you ask the instructor about the composition of a 52 card deck?

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Math teacher be like "so I'm gonna assume you all played Luigi Poker when you were kids. Or regular poker. Any poker works. No poker doesn't work, though.

Well shoot. They hit you with the Luigi Poker. It's over. You can't defend yourself anymore.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It really sucks when teachers do that, which I fail to understand why they even do at all. How hard is it to make a test that doesn't require you to know certain non topic related things? Or better yet, why not just put in parenthesis (here's the thing you need to know because we aren't trying to grade you on your card knowledge). Every time I see or have this type of problem, they often don't do anything because "everyone else knew it". That means its your fault and you deserve to lose points for not having as much outside knowledge on random hobbies or something like that. That's a low blow teach. For the teacher, its easier to let 2 out of 30 students get screwed over since its only a small percentage of the class, over actually balancing their work to let everyone have a fair shot. It's worse when the assignment is a whole essay, so you can't really just skip one problem. You're basically getting an F on the spot. Thanks teach.

At least I have card knowledge from Luigi poker. Never got those questions wrong. Otherwise, I'd be pretty mad back in high school. They love card questions.

2 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

pw54jx7265z71.png?width=760&auto=webp&s=97d6d3ff77f38700e4f5171f1e6b200a9c12aad8

He ain't wrong. 

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Did you look like a snowman walking back?

Nah, but I was soaked.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly though, that's not great.

One man's pain is another man's...Uh...Enjoyable pain?

'Morning, all!

28 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

pw54jx7265z71.png?width=760&auto=webp&s=97d6d3ff77f38700e4f5171f1e6b200a9c12aad8

Corrin says: "It's not murder if we only paralyze them from the neck down."

24 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Well shoot. They hit you with the Luigi Poker. It's over. You can't defend yourself anymore.

Luigi: Giving children ludopathy since 2004.

Just now, Benice said:

One man's pain is another man's...Uh...Enjoyable pain?

Careful where you go, Benice. These are muddy waters you're swimming in.

Sure, they live, but I'm pretty sure Corrin first leaves them in painful agony for hours considering how long battles could take place.

Or goes, "I'll spare you," to a dude without an arm and both legs, with little hopes of sustaining his family back home now, and perhaps paralyzed from the neck down too, where death would've been the bigger mercy instead. Because only the royals and other important people get to have the choice to be spared intact.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Careful where you go, Benice. These are muddy waters you're swimming in.

*Chuckles*

I'm in danger!

Week 2 Day 7 is over. 

All I can say is...

Spoiler

LAME!😑

Shiba is the Ruinbringers' leader. Sure it explains the ability of the other two to go Cantus. But wow that is painfully utterly totally lacking in any real plot twist value. The game was already damn obviously rigged in the Ruinbringers' favor, all this reveals is that the house couldn't bother to enlist corrupt people from the outside. And Shiba, unlike Motoi, was already a shady dude with no pretense of being a good guy. Sure I know "no twist but a good story regardless" is better than "a twist -regardless of quality- that results in a significantly worse overall plot", but there isn't a good story here in the first place!

At least I took on the boss refights with ease on Normal. And the new Cantus battle was good, although thank goodness I saved my Killer Remix for the very last phase of the fight, the damage from 1000 Clone Lasers was insane and I would not have survived.

Getting back to the bad, so Shoki was a traitor too. Bleh. She can get erased and I won't cry, she has done very little to endear her to me. Her VA sounds familiar, which if it is who I think it is, is ironic. I knew eventually the enemy would have to find a way to overcome Rindo's powers, although I would've thought they'd had learned of them during Week 1 somehow.

So Coco the villain of Final Remix actually looks to be good in a certain perspective given the Shinjuku s***holes are totally utterly nihilistic sadists. Thats something positive. And that below-the-face showing of Swallow definitely said Rhyme to me. The choice to include Beat makes more sense now -if it's really Rhyme. Hopefully, these two gals can salvage things, because NEO's plot ain't worth saving from erasure from all existence at this Mariana Trench-deep low point. Joshua, Hanekoma, Neku, wherever you are, get off your arses and save the day already!

Oh, and given Sho knows of Rindo's time manipulation powers, and that he got Taboo'ed and Taboo is a different form of stronger irregular Noise like Plague Noise, I can envision two points where he may rejoin if he indeed does. Either he counters the countering of Rindo's Rewind counter, or he proves to have the psyche power to harm those things. Drop the freakin' moon on Shibuya if that's what it takes to balance this equation whose value for n presently gives a negative number as the result.

...I had to vent after that garbage, and not the heaps Pi-Face loves and died his second time under. Time heals all wounds, and the only way to mend this injury, is to do as the villains want me to- keep playing, and hope it turns out better.

Having made some criticism of Motoi less than 24 hours ago, let me say he antagonistic gold compared to what I just witnessed. -There I've puked my one last heave of vitriol for this moment.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Math teacher be like "so I'm gonna assume you all played Luigi Poker when you were kids. Or regular poker. Any poker works. No poker doesn't work, though."

Best part of SM64DS.😄 I know I hit 999 coins in it, possibly on multiple files. Luigi really should take up the job again.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer