• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't go joy-con, go pro-con.😎

I play it handheld all the time, I'm well used to it.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The "shallowness" of the joy-con buttons leave me fearing they'll lose their sensitivity eventually if press them too much. That and the joys' small size and stick drift issues make the investment in a pro controller worth it. The thing still works great.  -Course, this means playing undocked I need something to rest the Switch on, but that's why I have a portable laptop... rest thing I can throw on my lap in bed or on the couch. 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

The most bullshit part about last night's math test that i most likely bombed was that half the questions were like "what's the probability of drawing x card from a standard 52 card deck" without it actually telling me how many of those cards there are in the first place. Like i really was expected to memorize how many aces there are to find the probability.

Very cool stuff, i love being tested on shit that isn't relevant to the class.

Very much expecting "common knowledge there"

1 hour ago, Shrimp γ said:

Marth is going to be disappointed.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Week 2 Day 7 is over. 

All I can say is...

Reveal hidden contents

LAME!😑

Shiba is the Ruinbringers' leader. Sure it explains the ability of the other two to go Cantus. But wow that is painfully utterly totally lacking in any real plot twist value. The game was already damn obviously rigged in the Ruinbringers' favor, all this reveals is that the house couldn't bother to enlist corrupt people from the outside. And Shiba, unlike Motoi, was already a shady dude with no pretense of being a good guy. Sure I know "no twist but a good story regardless" is better than "a twist -regardless of quality- that results in a significantly worse overall plot", but there isn't a good story here in the first place!

At least I took on the boss refights with ease on Normal. And the new Cantus battle was good, although thank goodness I saved my Killer Remix for the very last phase of the fight, the damage from 1000 Clone Lasers was insane and I would not have survived.

Getting back to the bad, so Shoki was a traitor too. Bleh. She can get erased and I won't cry, she has done very little to endear her to me. Her VA sounds familiar, which if it is who I think it is, is ironic. I knew eventually the enemy would have to find a way to overcome Rindo's powers, although I would've thought they'd had learned of them during Week 1 somehow.

So Coco the villain of Final Remix actually looks to be good in a certain perspective given the Shinjuku s***holes are totally utterly nihilistic sadists. Thats something positive. And that below-the-face showing of Swallow definitely said Rhyme to me. The choice to include Beat makes more sense now -if it's really Rhyme. Hopefully, these two gals can salvage things, because NEO's plot ain't worth saving from erasure from all existence at this Mariana Trench-deep low point. Joshua, Hanekoma, Neku, wherever you are, get off your arses and save the day already!

Oh, and given Sho knows of Rindo's time manipulation powers, and that he got Taboo'ed and Taboo is a different form of stronger irregular Noise like Plague Noise, I can envision two points where he may rejoin if he indeed does. Either he counters the countering of Rindo's Rewind counter, or he proves to have the psyche power to harm those things. Drop the freakin' moon on Shibuya if that's what it takes to balance this equation whose value for n presently gives a negative number as the result.

...I had to vent after that garbage, and not the heaps Pi-Face loves and died his second time under. Time heals all wounds, and the only way to mend this injury, is to do as the villains want me to- keep playing, and hope it turns out better.

Having made some criticism of Motoi less than 24 hours ago, let me say he antagonistic gold compared to what I just witnessed. -There I've puked my one last heave of vitriol for this moment.

Spoiler

Yeah, I don't think I blame you for seeing that as a bad moment. The reveal in a sense makes it apparent just how much shit everyone's in, but the game being rigged from the start I can get being annoyed by.

As for Shoka, it's interesting that after revealing what she learned to Shiba she decided not to go back. Considering she had her way back into the fold but chose not to, maybe there's a way back. Also, no comment on Motoi's last day?

I'd say more, but I know what's coming.

Okay, time dive into the Anchorage Reclamation Simulation. Which thanks to the General in charge of the project became more of a historical liberties version, pft.

@Interdimensional Observer Guess I forgot to say anything about the Joycons.

I've probably been lucky enough not to notice any drift so far, so I could be biased on them. but yeah, they are very much small, which is fine by me if, say, I'm trying to spam X and Y at the same time.

I also have a 8Bit-Do controller as well, so I'm not totally bound by the Joy-Cons either.

Goddamnit, of course. I play the entire map perfectly, and then I make one critical mistake at the very end and someone dies.

Well, fuck Vergil. I wasn't using him anyway. I'm not doing that all over again.

Alright, first objective to destroy the artillery atop the cliffs done. I think I'll stop here for now and finish the DLC some other day.

Time for some TF2, since I'm still in the genre kick.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Now that I'm done with Disco, I've been playing Mario vs Donkey Kong, for the GBA. I played it a ton as a child and then forgot about it until Youtube randomly recommended me a video about it. It's really fun. Bit of a hidden gem, really.

Still waiting for Steins;Gate to go on sale, though. I really wanna see what the fuss is all about.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Wigglewigglewigglewigglewiggleyeah

"Definitive edition."

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

*me* gets Perseid broken by breaker axe

*also me* gets Reese's horse killed by poleaxe right after. Both low hit chances. Why me? Why this punishment?

Okay, look. I know nobody likes to hear this, but you could've unequipped the Perseid and you could've dismounted. Unless you absolutely needed both the shield and the horse or the run would've been lost, this one's on you, low hit or no low hit.

Still, don't get me wrong, I understand. Used to FE as I was, it took me a run or two to get used to the idea that dismounting often is important. Unless you're going to move 7 tiles, there's no reason to expose the horse to danger.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also: Parry has shit activation% and yet Vengeance has ×3!? Lol wtf was balance anyways?

Yes, I won't contest this one. Parry's a really... bleh skill. Berwick Saga does skills great about 80% of the time. Even some proc skills are good, like Vengeance and the bane skills! But then there's the remaining 20%, which are the odd proc skills that feel like FE proc skills have zero impact on the game. Parry is one of those.

...Though I did get a kick out of Faye parrying a ballista bolt in my Berwick LP. How do you parry a ballista bolt...?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How do you parry a ballista bolt...

What, you're saying that a little rapier shouldn't be able to stop a bolt that's more than twice it's size?

Edited by Benice

3 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Holy fuck, you have more control over what materials you get from certain spots. That's big.

Story also seems it'll be taking itself a bit more seriously ala Dusk and Ryza, which is interesting because Mysterious has always been much more slice-of-life.

3 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

oqhqx36wuyz71.jpg

Atelier/Tales Collab interesting

It's always hilarious when Atelier collabs with a more serious IP.

Though i did not expect them to be collabing with the big names.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck with those crits. They're fair and balanced.

Pft, I just finished a 2Fort match were I ended Auto-Balanced twice... and the last one happened seconds before the final cap so I lost. XD

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Though I did get a kick out of Faye parrying a ballista bolt in my Berwick LP. How do you parry a ballista bolt...?

Redirecting the direction of the bolt with the side of your blade, obviously /s

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Wigglewigglewigglewigglewiggleyeah

This sounds like something on one of those "Doctors everywhere are baffled by this simple trick" ads.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

What, you're saying that a little rapier shouldn't be able to stop a bolt that's more than twice it's size?

I mean, I know Berwick's kinda anime, but... Well, it's not THAT anime. You can still see Faye while she's performing Astra, for one! That's super not anime!

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, I just finished a 2Fort match were I ended Auto-Balanced twice... and the last one happened seconds before the final cap so I lost. XD

Classic TF2.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Redirecting the direction of the bolt with the side of your blade, obviously /s

She could've just dodged at that point, but where's the fun in that?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She could've just dodged at that point, but where's the fun in that?

It could help her avoid if she happens to be unable to move in the split second. But yes indeed, where's the fun in that?

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It could help her avoid if she happens to be unable to move in the split second.

She had to learn emergency tactics due to how frequently I got both of her legs broken lol.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Fire_Emblem_-_Thracia_776_2021-11-16_16.

My favorite kind of map.

Black screen.

893235719303221260.png?size=96

The Kaga experience.

Which map is it? 12x? Tell me it's 12x, I love ranting about 12x. I'm always on the fence between 12x, 21 and 24x for the worst map in the entire game.

...Usually I go with 21. 12x and 24x are both optional and you get goodies from them, even if they are two of the stupidest maps in the game. 21 is supposed to be a big climatic battle and yet it is also one of the stupidest maps in the game.

God, I hate Thracia chapter 21.

Going in with a guide has definitely removed a fair bit of the frustration that could've been in returning to finish Thracia.

Yes, good ol' Thracia and its Nintendo hard. If only guides could fix the lategame's decline in quality...

Also, Leif has been godly, so that's helpful.

Leif's great, don't let 2008 Gamefaqs tell you otherwise.

Week 3 Day 1 over. It was kinda... dull. Getting the bearings in a very new situation, so it is understandable it'd be slow. Uzuki and Kariya were the lone "good" moment.

Spoiler

Why is the weakness of the Plague Noise so... random though? They are kinda fun to fight with the high dependency on Groove, so that evens things out.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, I don't think I blame you for seeing that as a bad moment. The reveal in a sense makes it apparent just how much shit everyone's in, but the game being rigged from the start I can get being annoyed by.

It's not that it was rigged from the start, it's how it was rigged. The Ruinbringers were never actually a team. Given what Beat had said before, all this really does, is show that Reaper's Game Shinjerku Style really is Reapers vs. Players, as it was in TWEWY. Things have simultaneously become more "normal" than TWEWY 1, and also the same, as Shiba like Joshua before him, has been listening too many times to Hotel Shibuyafornia.

What would I have preferred? Well... I suppose Ruinbringers being an independent third party with its own goals apart from Shiba's. But, a group whose ends require constantly playing Reaper's Game to a certain point, and once that point is reached, a world-changing one, then they deviate from Shiba and his plans. Said point of deviation would be late, and it would be really really bad for the heroes if either emerged supreme, so the heroes have to kill them both.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

As for Shoka, it's interesting that after revealing what she learned to Shiba she decided not to go back.

Eh, it wasn't enough for me. They want to show her as bold and courageous, but if the central point to Shoka is to give us a traitor-hero from the villains, then I don't think she works for me in general. I don't hate her, and I see the gradual buildup they had been attempting. Yet, overall, she fails to be an interesting or particularly well-written traitor, she worked better when she was bothering Rindo in Week 1. As a heroine, she is... average, bland. It could get worse, namely if they force some 💕 between her and Rindo, that would be total cringe. Not all stories need love.

Speaking of Shoka, I'm not feeling anything for Ayano. If all she exists for is to adore Shoka and be someone close to her... it's feeling like "let's give players a reason to sympathize with Shoka by having her get sad over her old master", then that's a bit of a filler character. 

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also, no comment on Motoi's last day?

After it was revealed the weight of his lies was heavier than his BMI (I have the IRL rights to make this stab), I didn't trust him in the least. Although all the heroes remained, correctly, convinced he could no longer do anything shady, I harbored doubts about that. It was downright pathetic to see him keep up with the stolen quotations, Rindo I interpreted as feeling the very same way. Old habits die hard I suppose, and it's not like continuing to be fraudulent -barring betrayal again- could've worsened his reputation any more. When he got erased, eh, the nerds might've been more worthy of sympathy.

---

Looking at the Noisepedia, it doesn't look like Kanon will be a boss? Or, given it sounds like Ayano has been infected with Noise now -unless it's a trap- then perhaps being infected will make her into a Cantus or lump her in with the Plague Noise? I remained very convinced of the possibility she was a femme fatale, but actually, it seems women overall aren't so evil in NEO. Ayano has done practically nothing, Shoka did one bad thing, and Tsugumi... what's the point of making her hollow to the core? I would've thought her forcefully altered by an outside force into being a heartless puppet, but the game has yet to hint on that at all if it is the case.

And on a positive note, dare I call Uzuki a good Camus? Because maybe I'm desperate for a high point right now, but thoughts of her "loyalty" (b/c erasure if she doesn't) despite the situation is impressive and well-handled.

Also, why didn't any of the heroes react to learning Reapers can transition from RG to UG and vice versa? I didn't think that topic had come up at all, and that they might take a little interest in it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which map is it? 12x? Tell me it's 12x, I love ranting about 12x. I'm always on the fence between 12x, 21 and 24x for the worst map in the entire game.

...Usually I go with 21. 12x and 24x are both optional and you get goodies from them, even if they are two of the stupidest maps in the game. 21 is supposed to be a big climatic battle and yet it is also one of the stupidest maps in the game.

God, I hate Thracia chapter 21.

8x.

I do plan to skip 24x I'll be damned if I go through status hell in that one.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Leif's great, don't let 2008 Gamefaqs tell you otherwise.

Fire_Emblem_-_Thracia_776_2021-11-16_17.

This is with minimal Ced scroll use and the only stat boosters being a life, speed, and shield ring.

The lad even leveled up mov one time.

Absolute champ.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Still best lord, no I am serious.

I do like his personality. He has that same naive idealism that I appreciate in Marth, just in a situation much more bleak than what Marth initially faced.

Edited by twilitfalchion

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Still best lord, no I am serious.

Story wise, yes.

Gameplay wise, he's up there. Though it's not a high bar to clear, most lords tend to be either boring or hilariously bad in this regard.

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

8x.

Uhhhhhhh

Hold up.

...ahhhh yes, the map where you either have Asbel or just plain die because the boss is even more cancer than Henning.

Hicks works too. Some would argue he works best. Are you using Hicks? You better be using Hicks. Hicks is the best character in Thracia.

I do plan to skip 24x I'll be damned if I go through status hell in that one.

But you have to save Sword Mom...!

Fire_Emblem_-_Thracia_776_2021-11-16_17.

This is with minimal Ced scroll use and the only stat boosters being a life, speed, and shield ring.

The lad even leveled up mov one time.

Absolute champ.

That's a pretty menu. Mine tend to be greener.

I wish this feature made a return. It may be completely superfluous, but... Then again, so is running around the maps in Three Houses, and at least this superfluous feature didn't come at the cost of the game having a performance like it's running on Windows 98.

...you know, I feel like I'm starting to fall into my old habits of finding a way to crap on Three Houses no matter the topic. I should stop before it gets annoying again.

I do like his personality. He has that same naive idealism that I appreciate in Marth, just in a situation much more bleak than what Marth initially faced.

To be fair, the SD prologue is pretty bleak. Though english SD Marth is pretty different from Leif, and all the other Marths for that matter.

Anyway, the point is, Leif is naive too, but he is punished dearly for it and he eventually begins to grow out of it. It's nice stuff.