• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ahahaha, really, someone named Libro? Only thing needed was him being the vendor, not the buyer... lol

Okay, will stop here for tonight. Will finish shopping... next time.

Oh, just noticed I already got the AO3 invitation. Okay, account set-up, but it's too late to upload stuff. Will do it tomorrow.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Man, even on severe sleep deprivation I can only get a couple hours and my body just throws me awake for no reason. Why? Why does this happen? This had a pretty big effect on my performance in school, I’d rather not have this happen again when I’m actually giving myself more than adequate time to sleep. Brain, body… why?

Oof, I'm really sorry... I do feel that, I've had lots of trouble sleeping as well. If there's anything I can do to help or somethin', just let me know!

(If I can offer a suggestion, I could recommend doin' something like Yoga just before your bedtime routine; my mind goes absolutely wild a lot, and it can really help quiet it for sleep. I quite like Yoga with Adriene, and she's got tons of stuff for beginners, but there are lots out there.)

Ahh.

Now that's a good night's sleep. Didn't even oversleep as much as I thought I would.

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, when you beat the enemies you aren't expected to win against

I will say, that's pretty nice that they change the scenes accordingly if you win the unwinnable battle. Also, hopefully avoid her becoming a damsel in distress to be heroically rescued by her tragic edgelord husbando

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will say, that's pretty nice that they change the scenes accordingly if you win the unwinnable battle.

The series has tons of events like these. If you wanna see them, play them. XD

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The series has tons of events like these. If you wanna see them, play them. XD

I mean... It's an idea, but well, we all know how my first attempt went. And on top of that, I'll admit the sheer size of the series has always intimidated me. I already never touched the Witcher series, despite hearing oh so many good things about the third game and owning all of them on Steam (impulsive purchase due to a sale and all my friends telling me it's awesome), because going through two games, both of which are long and inferior to the third, sounds like too much of an ordeal.

But that just pales in comparison to Trails. This series is like, 1000 hours total! It's the One Piece of videogames! I'm kinda afraid I'll end up digging it if I were to try it again and then I'll have to commit hundreds of bucks and hours to the rest of it.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But that just pales in comparison to Trails. This series is like, 1000 hours total! It's the One Piece of videogames! I'm kinda afraid I'll end up digging it if I were to try it again and then I'll have to commit hundreds of bucks and hours to the rest of it.

My average total playtime was 60-90 hours. I don't think i'll ever understand why the game having alot of content is a bad thing to people, but whatever.

And if you wanted to play just for the storyline, nothing wrong with playing on a lower difficulty the first time really. Not everyone needs to be like "Oh! i gotta play Nightmare mode right away!" (CS not withstanding cause if you play that game on Very Easy, there is no hope for your gaming future XD)

I mean, Cosmo, both you and me know that the payoff is not worth it anyway, unless Ruben decides to stick to Sky only (&maybe Crossbell, but that ends on a cliffhanger)

Ruben playing CS would be priceless to watch tho

Edited by Shrimpresident

11 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

I mean, Cosmo, both you and me know that the payoff is not worth it anyway, unless Ruben decides to stick to Sky only (&maybe Crossbell, but that ends on a cliffhanger)

1f8f06749d58ab74ced523e6a4beba76.png

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

My average total playtime was 60-90 hours.

You misintepreted me. I was talking about the whole series. And that's still what I would call a really long game.

I don't think i'll ever understand why the game having alot of content is a bad thing to people, but whatever.

Because time is a limited resource and gameplay loops don't remain fun forever. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, there's plenty of longer games I like, but the longer a game is, the more I have to like it to commit to it and see it through. Also, the longer a game is, the more likely it'll be to become interested in another game that will require time of its own. None of this bodes well for Trails, with my extremely poor first impressions of it.

And if you wanted to play just for the storyline, nothing wrong with playing on a lower difficulty the first time really. Not everyone needs to be like "Oh! i gotta play Nightmare mode right away!" (CS not withstanding cause if you play that game on Very Easy, there is no hope for your gaming future XD)

I mean, the problem with the game wasn't exactly the difficulty, but rather the gameplay not being fun to me. Even on the lowest difficulty, I'd still have the story interrupted by bad gameplay that I'd have to trudge through. Shrimpy said he'd have liked Omori better if it were a VN. Same goes for Trails, for me. Didn't like the gameplay in the slightest.

I have some fondness for my money and my time, thank you very much.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

You misintepreted me. I was talking about the whole series. And that's still what I would call a really long game.

I was saying per game.

Because time is a limited resource and gameplay loops don't remain fun forever

Youre gonna run into this with every game. If you view it like that, then of course it wont be enjoyable.

Didn't like the gameplay in the slightest.

To be fair, you did only play the first quarter or so of the game, and it is the first game of it's style, (I think) so it does make sense if it's a bit scuffed. I don't know if you can trade save-files on steam games, but if you can, maybe you could nab a save file that takes you to the lategame or something, just to see if you like it more at points with greater difficulty?

'Morning...

Edited by Benice

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

To be fair, you did only play the first quarter or so of the game, and it is the first game of it's style, (I think) so it does make sense if it's a bit scuffed. I don't know if you can trade save-files on steam games, but if you can, maybe you could nab a save file that takes you to the lategame or something, just to see if you like it more at points with greater difficulty?

Eh. That's a lot of investment for a game that I gave 10 whole hours of opportunity for. Steam allows two hours to refund, I gave it five times that amount of time to get me hooked and it failed miserably.

Maybe I should just accept that the game isn't for me. But I'd like to at least give it another whirl, first. Most people in this thread that has played it says it's literally the single greatest piece of fiction that mankind has ever produced ever in all of its history. Surely it has to be doing something right that I just didn't see in my ten hours?

Actually, I read in a couple of places the very catchy slogan, "play until the play." Trails experts, how fair is that proposition?

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Most people in this thread that has played it says it's literally the single greatest piece of fiction that mankind has ever produced ever in all of its history. Surely it has to be doing something right that I just didn't see in my ten hours?

Implying i said CS was really good quality. 

Did you somehow manage to miss all of my rants? Really?

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Most people in this thread that has played it says it's literally the single greatest piece of fiction that mankind has ever produced ever in all of its history.

Its sequel*

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I read in a couple of places the very catchy slogan, "play until the play." Trails experts, how fair is that proposition?

End of chapter 2.

The play is the weakest part of the game though, who on Earth would say that? 

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Implying i said CS was really good quality. 

Did you somehow manage to miss all of my rants? Really?

I'm talking about Sky. I know what you guys think about CS.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Its sequel*

This is not reassuring, Sooks.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

End of chapter 2.

The play is the weakest part of the game though, who on Earth would say that? 

...Read above, Sooks.

18 hours ago, Dayni said:

This is true, but it helps there that they aren't being provocative with how they frame things. It's probably a you thing if you think so though, even with the literal swimsuit mode in HGH (which yes, that is a thing)

Aye. I played Half Genie Hero and it's honestly still hilarious to me that it got a Teen rating, that game is so goofy and kid friendly in it's presentation, you can tell it was only given that rating because of the character designs. We live in a world in which it's more risky to have jiggle physics in games than it is to have people murdering each other.

18 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ah curious. I knew about it's still prevalent usage in many eastern religions though I had no idea about it's ancient history in Europe.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Aye. I played Half Genie Hero and it's honestly still hilarious to me that it got a Teen rating, that game is so goofy and kid friendly in it's presentation, you can tell it was only given that rating because of the character designs. We live in a world in which it's more risky to have jiggle physics in games than it is to have people murdering each other.

Yep, that's not surprising (though not particularly applicable in Shantae's case). Jiggle is super suspicious for rating agencies, I think DoA2 was rated 18's on the pre-PEGI board (And we somehow had it when I was too young to realise such things, I didn't understand the age setting was probably an alteration of jiggle as a setting back then)

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah curious. I knew about it's still prevalent usage in many eastern religions though I had no idea about it's ancient history in Europe.

It did have some use but it wasn't a very common symbol across many groups of people, I never heard of it being used here.

Tangentially, a similar case during Christianisation was you didn't see a universal representation of the cross across different places. You'd see various cross types in the first milennium only for the Catholic Church to force a particular version of them (and other expressions of faith) from the 11th century (to the point of permitting invasions of Christian lands but that's a whole ball of wax)