• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I entered Floccesy ranch in hopes of getting a Mareen. First I had to battle HughDI-, who’s Tepig was level 9, meaning it had ember. Because of this I decided to handle it with BirdeezNu-, which went really well until he got an unexpected crit and BirdeezNu- died. After that, I started to go towards the grass in Flocessy ranch where there was a random person wandering around who ended up actually being a trainer (I assumed she was an NPC). I would have rather saved the battle for after my encounter there, but it was okay. I actually decided to use Patrash a bit, because having a second trained up Pokémon wouldn’t hurt.

She got a crit and Patrash died.

After that battle, I decided to see what I would find for my encounter. This area is really interesting because it has a wide variety of Pokémon. I was obviously hoping for a Mareep, but I would have been cool with Lillipup or Psyduck, both of which can be found here as well. Duplicate clause eliminates patrat and pidove from the equation just like those crits did, but Azuril was also an option which I did not want because it’s a baby poke, aka complete garbage, and two of the moves it was likely to have (splash and water sport) were completely useless. So yeah, interesting area. Other than that there’s a 5% chance of getting a Riolu, which can be very nice for the upcoming normal type gym if you put in the effort to get it to level 15, but there’s no way—

scE7Amm.png
Well. That’s cool. Thanks game. Maybe the RNG doesn’t hate me so much after all.

I named it Lucaribro, because the pokes with names who are borderline insulting don’t tend to last very long. Its evolution is also happiness based, so I want him to like me.

After that, I fought the next trainer with Lucaribro, who was critted and died. However, I began to spite RNG at this point, and decided to reset because I would not let it take my nuzlocke from me! The battle went smoothly upon a reset with a very much alive Lucaribro, whom I used to fight the next trainer, who got a crit and killed Lucaribro. Well, that’s alright, I could just reset this trainer too.

He got a crit again and Lucaribro died.

Well 3rd time’s the charm, and after clearing that area the former Pokémon champion showed up again and told me to beat up the Pokémon of the other kids whom he’s kidnapped, and surprisingly none of them got any crits. Then it was time for the first gym. The first trainer went by without issue, then the second one for a crit and Lucaribro died.

What is going on? I swear I don’t remember this happening this much when I was younger. Does the RNG hate me this much? I’m pretty sure hard mode doesn’t affect crit rate… right?

Well, after resetting that battle I challenged Cheren. He now has an extra Pokémon compared to normal mode and his old ones have +2 levels I believe. One of them is a Pidove, a flying type, which is scary because both of my Pokémon are weak to flying, but luckily it doesn’t have a flying type attack (gust).

But man, I think I underestimated challenge mode. Cheren is hard. He wiped the floor with me both times, his Lillipup is really strong (level 14) and can boost its attack with workup, combined with a patrat before it that can lower defense, leading to one shot potential. Of course I could just say I “lost” the nuzlocke, but I don’t want to, so I will not. Riolu needs to be level 15 for a fighting type attack, which might save me here, but I’d rather not say I grinded two levels for the first gym leader. I actually think I have a strategy involving switching from Snivy to Riolu and a use of Riolu’s counter, but I’m pretty sure Riolu will get one shot if Lillipup gets two work ups off. We’ll see.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

and who knows, maybe there is a skeleton under all those vines 😛

Nah. It's just my partially dysfunctional heart. 

It's why I'm so heartless in most games I play, never making the morally correct choices. That would be boring.

Oh yeah, it also has my eyes. Turns out, skeletons are infinitely scarier when they actually keep them.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shaky pops up occassionally. The safest bet is to summon him by pronouncing the mystical incantation:

@Shaky Jones New Mystery good.

Damn. Am I that simple?

Then again, almost no one says that, so it may as well be a mystical incantation.

That's my gimmick. Anyone just says that statement and I just appear out of nowhere and do a spooky dance.

I ended up just getting Riolu to level 15 and one shorting Lillipup with force palm. My only other strategy was very, very dependent on the AI being stupid. Apparently the game didn’t lie when it said it was smarter on this difficulty.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

should i join the fun?

As long as you don’t continue with the gen 3 propaganda like everyone else.

I'd say, if I were to jump the bandwagon, it'd be with either X or Y. So at least it's Gen variety.

Or for more variety I can just play a Mystery Dungeon Game. I have Red Rescue Team for my GBA and Explorers of Sky in my Wii U...

IMG_20220212_132740.jpg

She's not a war criminal if she's hot. 

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Everyone has named their rival something like that at one point in their lives

Fun fact: i never gave my rivals a name other than the default. 

Boring, i know.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

didn't play honestly

Neither 5 or 6. I got out of pokemon for a bit after Gen 4 until 7, and lest again after 7

I can’t blame you for 6, but you should definitely try 5.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Duplicate clause eliminates patrat and pidove from the equation just like those crits did,

F

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

scE7Amm.png
Well. That’s cool. Thanks game. Maybe the RNG doesn’t hate me so much after all.

Well that's cool.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

After that, I fought the next trainer with Lucaribro, who was critted and died. However, I began to spite RNG at this point, and decided to reset because I would not let it take my nuzlocke from me! The battle went smoothly upon a reset with a very much alive Lucaribro, whom I used to fight the next trainer, who got a crit and killed Lucaribro. Well, that’s alright, I could just reset this trainer too.

He got a crit again and Lucaribro died.

Well 3rd time’s the charm, and after clearing that area the former Pokémon champion showed up again and told me to beat up the Pokémon of the other kids whom he’s kidnapped, and surprisingly none of them got any crits. Then it was time for the first gym. The first trainer went by without issue, then the second one for a crit and Lucaribro died.

Third time anything but the charm.

You really notice it in a nuzlocke in fairness.

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I don't see myself joining the bandwagon here...

Neither do I.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

gen 3 besto tho

>Weakest remake (that Game Freak made)

>Hoenn being kinda easy, somewhat overhyped imo

I can't see it that way.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

didn't play honestly

Neither 5 or 6. I got out of pokemon for a bit after Gen 4 until 7, and lest again after 7

I would try at least Gen 5.

And for what changes it made, ORAS is still very solid.

(Alright, I know I'm being harsh about X/Y here.)

Edited by Dayni

1523203220_Pokemon-LeafGreenVersion(U)(V1.1)-1.png.3c06990942da5f92f11556caa6dcf7c1.png

Bulbasaur was the odd but true choice for me. I had to shorten his name a little bit to fit the space but you get the idea

Menilik Kebangkitan Hingga Kematian Misterius Genghis Khan ...

594466161_Pokemon-LeafGreenVersion(U)(V1.1)-2.png.0c4d15c0f0f0cfe1b6637129e8a31dfb.png

I caught a rat and gave her a very nice name

1496824754_Pokemon-LeafGreenVersion(U)(V1.1)-4.png.a4b7771cc603da7990e37f7c5dae9c19.png

And I just could not miss this opportunity.