• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Whoa, whoa! Surprise boss! I must say, so far, both bosses I've seen in Zero Mission have had spectacular entrances. Super unexpected, almost jumpscare-like entrances. Love 'em.

...Of course, they compensate by being simple, repetitive, utterly forgettable fights, but hey. Top notch entrances. I'll take them over Fusion's bosses.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

You're saying im too generous? Well, cant argue with that!

More than me, at least! I like to make bad guy choices in games. See how far they'll let me go. Well, sometimes. Depends on my mood, really.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's not such a curious thing. Artstyle is a big part of making games look good. A game with a solid artstyle will stand the test of time. Of course, care needs be put into the visuals as well. I haven't seen much of Legends of Arceus, so I can't judge, but Breath of the Wild's a game with the kind of style that will still look good 20 years from now.

Legends Arceus and Breath of The Wild have a very similar artstyle but the poor texturing on Legends of Arceus almost makes it look like a Wii game on an emulator. A fine looking game to be sure but not nearly pushing the hardware to it's limits as Breath of The Wild. 

Poor Pokemon games, always forced to line up it's release dates with other Pokemon related media and so the games usually only get 2 years of development time.

Three Houses came out 18 years after the GameCube and it looks worse than those games

What were you smoking to get this idea?

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

What were you smoking to get this idea?

F-Zero GX.

No, seriously. That game is on Gamecube and unironically looks better than Three Houses. Check it out.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

F-Zero GX.

No, seriously. That game is on Gamecube and unironically looks better than Three Houses. Check it out.

It's one thing to say it looks good on an emulator but does it keep that quality on the original system?

I've played both authentic and emulated Gamecube games and let me tell you, Dolphin makes those games look dramatically better than they originally were.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's one thing to say it looks good on an emulator but does it keep that quality on the original system?

I've played both authentic and emulated Gamecube games and let me tell you, Dolphin makes those games look dramatically better than they originally were.

...You know, that's... actually a really good point.

A thousand curses upon you! How dare you employ logic against me when I latch on to the one aspect of Three Houses that I can criticize while shielding myself behind objectivity!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ehhh, Ann's Panther outfit isn't really objectifying. It's no different from what Catwoman and Black Cat would wear. Fits in with the whole spy aesthetic.

Unless you're talking about a completely different character but it doesn't sound like you went that far into the game.

I was but like, my memory is nowhere near super clear. I’m not trying to make objective arguments or anything, that was just my personal experience.

I would call it the good kind of generic because it is fun but i've definitely played better turn-based RPGs.

The problem for me is that imo, these are almost mutually exclusive, at least with JRPGs.

Yep. Also, people have already spotted Arngrim in there, or at least someone who looks like him.

So... why Elysium? Is it a reboot? Don't know, all I know is...

RIP Hrist, you were never meant to star in a game.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...You know, that's... actually a really good point.

A thousand curses upon you! How dare you employ logic against me when I latch on to the one aspect of Three Houses that I can criticize while shielding myself behind objectivity!

I'll be getting both games authentically some time or other so by then I'll be able to compare.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

fVCNeNc.png

He has more HP hex'd than what i normally have in late game fates xD

Team Garon is busted in this game.

Also speedy murder lol

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'll be getting both games authentically some time or other so by then I'll be able to compare.

Do let me know.

I have recruited the Sky trilogy's last character, hooray! Too bad Kurt was left out of this game.

Spoiler

It's the murderous cinnamon roll! Granted, I knew she and Richard would be playable in this game beforehand, but it's still nice to see them. She's willing to help us out despite not being fully willing to open up to Estelle, but it's n-not because she likes us or anything, baka! Renne may resist now, but Estelle and Joshua will adopt her one day... unless Anelace adopts her first.

Personally I thought Renne's Rennedemption arc would be finished by now, but it sounds like she was in Crossbell before being taken to Phantasma. This, of course, means her arc will be resolved in Cold Steel II. Regardless of when it happens, I'm interested to see where her character goes.

I want to mention a plot prediction for posterity:

Spoiler

The Lord of Phantasma is Rufina, aren't they? I first thought the ghost was Rufina, but that seems too obvious. The Lord of Phantasma is addressed as "Hoarse Voice" rather than a gendered description (unlike Schwarzritter, who is "Man's Voice"), and the characters use gender-neutral pronouns when referring to them. That, and I can't think of any other viable candidates as to who they could be, and too much emphasis is put on Rufina for her to "just" be dead. The LoP also has an obvious grudge against Kevin, but at the moment I don't know why Rufina would want to torture him.

Or they could be Sister Carnelia, but that seems unlikely.

Sun Door 4 is a gambling minigame, isn't it? Maybe learning how to play Blackjack in math class will eventually be useful.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

The first Advance Wars got delayed because of 9/11 and now history is repeating itself. 

This series must be cursed somehow, no wonder it was dormant for so long.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

The J in Justice stands for Josette!

Do it for her

Josette_Capua_-_Portrait_1575_(3rd).png

30 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

In some cases it can depend on the art direction. The Wind Waker is an obvious example, but Super Mario Sunshine's water still looks pretty good. Pikmin 2 is also good, which is unsurprising as it is flawless.

Hmm, blonde and white armor... could it be we get a game with

Spoiler

the True Valkyrie

as the protagonist full-time? Very possible...

But still RIP Hrist.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Do it for her

I will say, she has the coolest design out of anyone in Trails. That fur coat is awesome, the goggles are a cool touch and I like her hair.

43 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

This, of course, means her arc will be resolved in Cold Steel II

If your looking for closure on anything, CS is not the series to go to.

On 3/4/2022 at 1:17 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

@Robert Stewart is a solid fighting type, a little frail, which is dangerous in a Nuzlocke, but fast and hard hitting. Alas, a Psychic gym is simply not the place to use him...

ah dang did I die

I didn't keep up with the updates, it seems

big F for me

I will say, she has the coolest design out of anyone in Trails. That fur coat is awesome, the goggles are a cool touch and I like her hair.

Rubenio is really the anti-Trails fan for liking the worst character in SC.

(From a gameplay standpoint, at least)

Triangle Strategy update i guess!

Spoiler

So I just denied helping the scum of the desert kingdom, and they are now angry (shocking) and want to silence us (surprising) 

I never thought I'd see the day I'd have an anime girl as my profile picture...

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

In some cases it can depend on the art direction. The Wind Waker is an obvious example, but Super Mario Sunshine's water still looks pretty good. Pikmin 2 is also good, which is unsurprising as it is flawless.

Cell shading is amazing that way.

59 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Rubenio is really the anti-Trails fan for liking the worst character in SC.

(From a gameplay standpoint, at least)

Well thats not much different in 3rd.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Persona does have the concept of "Shadow" versions of oneself. They know everything about you and look exactly like you, but either embody your secret insecurities and flaws or harshly criticize you for them. Each game uses them to varying extents.

Sus

7 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Stalker?

I didn't expect to get fans when I said I enjoyed a romhack...

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Do it for her

Correct.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Here, allow me to ruin it for you.

s7Rv3ZL.png

I admit that even though Shrimpy and Sooks alike hate Evo, I kinda like her portrait in Sky Evo as well...