Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

34 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

How did you like CS4 Alisa Bonus outfit

If it was DLC, I never unlocked any of it. Xd

34 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

She only wears belts and a strap there xD

Facial features, Shrimpy, facial features.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

Or just make Jusis the protagonist so we can have an actually good character as one.

YES

I have always been advocating for that. Jusis as MC would've been kino.

KINO I TELL YA!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Speaking of Osborne,

you already know as much from Ao

All of Fie's outfits are good.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

What.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I mean I disagree a lot, but you know, it’s not that bad—

Streamlined ornaments reducing wasted time with micromanagement and various builds are now viable.

>"Oh, but the game is unbalanced now, so it sucks!"

Hard ≠ balanced. Sky has never been balanced on higher difficulties. Enemy stats are inflated, making physical attacks nearly useless and encouraging Earth Wall turtling. In FC, it's more effective to use Chaos Brand to confuse enemies and make them attack each other, as they do more damage that way than you do using your physical attacks. Arts is king in these games, which makes certain characters much more viable than others. Olivier and Kloe never left my party for example, even though she was stuck with 3 fucking water slots. Thankfully, Kevin gets to fullfil her role when he's available.

Anyway, if a game is unbalanced, it is better that it is unbalanced to easy than hard. This is the opinion I have and that I use to judge various games, adventure games, Stealth games, strategy games (like FE), RPGs, etc. With Trails it's no different.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

06 no! You’ll incur the wrath of the thread!

Don't worry, Armagon is with me on this one.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Why would you ever become one?

Carnelia. Also, his accessory is cool.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Oh this has nothing on Falcom’s “set up” games. Now that I’m at CS2, literally everything you need to know from the plot of CS1 can be summed up in a single sentence and they somehow stretched that to an 80 hour long game.

Yeah, I can also literally describe the story of FC or Zero (or any game, basically) in one sentence, but that doesn't mean the details aren't important. There is a difference between not liking a certain plot point and/or character and saying that such a plot point is useless. Also

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

The same thing sort of happens with Crossbell btw, although it’s only half-65% of Zero that’s filler.

Okay, on this one we're definitely going to disagree. Zero is definitely the best paced game in the franchise (at least so far), and it's the only game so far to end in a satisfying way.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Nope, never mind, you’ve betrayed all of Trails. How could you do this 06.

Sky is the story about Joshua and the barriers (heh) he has to overcome. The main twist of the first game is about him, the main villains of the saga are related to him, etc. If we had the story anchored to him and in his past we could see things like his relationship with Loewe (and Weissmann), how Ouroboros works (and that would solve the problem with them being shit), improve SC pacing. All these elements were missing for me, and I felt baited when I finished the game. At least they did it right with Kevin, the best protagonist.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

The difference is that that all happened before Sky began, while Rean and Crow supposedly during the first game, yet we barely get any of that.

All roads lead to the same destination.

44 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I may be on Chapter 6 of Sky the 3rd but I've done less than half of the doors. What game are you on?

Sky 1-3, CS 1-2, Zero. I'm procrastinating to start Azure. It's your chance.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're so right though

Ty ty

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*Goes and check*

Ahahahahahahah lol

anime de Anime Baths & Showers

Edited by Awakened_06_

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

you already know as much from Ao

…do I? All I remember is Lechter conveniently always referring to him as having been “shot” instead of “dead”.

Or wait, was there something about that in the little cutscene at the end? I don’t remember.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Or wait, was there something about that in the little cutscene at the end? I don’t remember.

yes

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, too bad CS IV sidlined everyone for sole Rean BS.

SPOILER_1588120555904.jpg

Always a classic

I think my pro controller is starting to get old. The A button feels weird. Soft, so to speak, like it doesn't pop back up as well after being pressed. It still works, no problem, but... Well, I hope it will stay that way.

21 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Streamlined ornaments reducing wasted time with micromanagement and various builds are now viable.

I mean, what you consider wasting time with micromanagement I found pretty fun. Don’t really see how “various builds” are now viable though, the only “new” build that’s really viable from Sky is physical attacking because they no longer such. Arts spamming, evasion stacking, dedicated healer, and craft spamming all worked in Sky.

Hard ≠ balanced. Sky has never been balanced on higher difficulties. Enemy stats are inflated, making physical attacks nearly useless and encouraging Earth Wall turtling. In FC, it's more effective to use Chaos Brand to confuse enemies and make them attack each other, as they do more damage that way than you do using your physical attacks. Arts is king in these games, which makes certain characters much more viable than others. Olivier and Kloe never left my party for example, even though she was stuck with 3 fucking water slots. Thankfully, Kevin gets to fullfil her role when he's available.

Okay but I actually wholly agree with this, I just prefer it to what came later. I’d rather have higher difficulty if it meant only one or two things worked than an easier one with a lot of viable options.

Carnelia.

What’s that?

Also, his accessory is cool.

That’s very true, but Sharon is cooler.

Yeah, I can also literally describe the story of FC or Zero (or any game, basically) in one sentence, but that doesn't mean the details aren't important. There is a difference between not liking a certain plot point and/or character and saying that such a plot point is useless.

I’m not talking about the story of Cold Steel, I’m talking about everything in Cold Steel that was specifically relevant for the plot of the next game (since the entire point of CS1 one is to set up since its own plot doesn’t really exist and it ends on a cliffhanger). The entire thing exists exclusively for its ending, having spent all that time with the characters and school made this game more emotional and made me care more about the conflict but does not change what a waste of time that all felt like.

Okay, on this one we're definitely going to disagree. Zero is definitely the best paced game in the franchise (at least so far), and it's the only game so far to end in a satisfying way.

Zero has good pacing until you realize half of it was filler.

Sky is the story about Joshua and the barriers (heh) he has to overcome. The main twist of the first game is about him, the main villains of the saga are related to him, etc. If we had the story anchored to him and in his past we could see things like his relationship with Loewe (and Weissmann), how Ouroboros works (and that would solve the problem with them being shit), improve SC pacing. All these elements were missing for me, and I felt baited when I finished the game.

While that is true (except the part about the first game’s ending, that was kino), the structure of SC worked much better with Estelle as the protagonist, and without that you wouldn’t have gotten to see any of her development, which would have all happened off screen once they separated. Plus Estelle as the protagonist is much more interesting and unique than Joshua, especially when compared to other games at the time supposedly anyway, FC came out before I was born. While Joshua is more related to the antagonists, Estelle’s close connection with him ties her to those conflicts as well, it didn’t really feel like he needed to be the main focus the entire time.

21 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

At least they did it right with Kevin, the best protagonist.

Yes, Kevin good. Estelle better, but Kevin is a very close second.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

SPOILER_1588120555904.jpg

Always a classic

Is that… KeA!? And Duvalie?? What on Earth happens in CS3…

Yes, Estelle and Millium are both far, far from the center! There is hope! Who’s that with the light purple hair up there? The image is so small I can’t tell if that’s Sharon or someone I haben met yet. Speaking of characters I haven’t met yet, the girl between Emma and Ms. Teehee herself is really cute and as a result my prediction is that she is best among New Class VII. And what happened to Fie and Towa’s hair?

Edited by Sooks

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is that… KeA!? And Duvalie?? What on Earth happens in CS3…

The dicksucking in CS1/2 is nothing compared to CS3 and especially CS4

Even Renne 

1587097569233.jpg?width=838&height=471

doesn't escape the dicksucking Aura

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Speaking of characters I haven’t met yet, the girl between Emma and Ms. Teehee herself is really cute.

She's a Crossbell retcon Ü

JunaErebonians.jpg

Her only worth

Her playstyle is Female Lloyd, basically

as a result my prediction is that she is best among New Class VII.

Altina and it's not even a competition

Infact, she's the only one in the whole series with a "natural" relationship with Blanco

like she actually has a legit reason to become a dicksucker

Edited by Shrimpolaris

8 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

The dicksucking in CS1/2 is nothing compared to CS3 and especially CS4

Even Renne 

1587097569233.jpg?width=838&height=471

doesn't escape the dicksucking Aura

That’s not what I meant, more along the lines of I have no clue why KeA would ever have any reason to show up again beyond a brief cameo or why Duvalie would ever join the ranks of the harem.

She's a Crossbell retcon Ü

Huh…

JunaErebonians.jpg

Her only worth

I thought the general consensus was that the new class was better than the old one?

Her playstyle is Female Lloyd, basically

So, Fie?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s not what I meant, more along the lines of I have no clue why KeA would ever have any reason to show up again beyond a brief cameo or why Duvalie would ever join the ranks of the harem

You do remember what happened at the end of Ao, right?

Spoiler

Crossbell is Erebonia now

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I thought the general consensus was that the new class was better than the old one?

better than utter shit is still shit

They would've been fine and inter character relationships seemed to form but....Rean hijacks everything :'D

Like Juna was shipped with another NeoC7 member...but she is part of Rean's D Riders!

Edited by Shrimpolaris

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

You do remember what happened at the end of Ao, right?

Reveal hidden contents

Crossbell is Erebonia now

…oh.

Yeah I’m not gonna lie, I completely forgot about that.

56 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

This isnt how I view things.

56 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Hard ≠ balanced

This isnt how I view things either. 

As I stated earlier, CS claims "this mode is recomended for NG+". I am expecting to use my brain, now click CB and Concealing Wind every battle and get free wins. This is boring af. 

This isnt even considering MQ and stuff yet. 

If their goal was to make Nightmare mode challenging, they failed. Its invaidated by a single option. This has nothing to do with balance, its simply boring to use CB as its a 100% free win.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This isnt how I view things.

This isnt how I view things either. 

As I stated earlier, CS claims "this mode is recomended for NG+". I am expecting to use my brain, now click CB and Concealing Wind every battle and get free wins. This is boring af. 

This isnt even considering MQ and stuff yet. 

If their goal was to make Nightmare mode challenging, they failed. Its invaidated by a single option. This has nothing to do with balance, its simply boring to use CB as its a 100% free win.

Not to mention it's harder to not break the game lmao. I legit don't know a way to make it challenging without like, not using half the battle system

"Stop using AT manipulation"

"Stop S-craft"

"Never heal"

"Don't use Quartz"

Stuff CS fans tell me lol. I enjoyed the battle system in sky because of everything it offers. Removing half the stuff you might as well tell me to go play DQ or something

Edited by Shrimpolaris