• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't tell anybody, but I actually remembered him, I just wanted to be edgy and spite Trails in the middle of the flamewar.

sSDUnpS.jpg

So in between the Garonquesting i have been birthright'ing a bit...

Definitely the weakest of the fates routes imo.

The best way to describe it would be....GbaFE with Dual Attack/Guard. The maps i can see something interesting being done with, but it's a rout/boss borefest instead.

Also throws way too many player units at you early on. Other routes (yes even rev.) are quite better in pacing the units they give you (even if Fates isn't really the best in that regard, it's by far at it's worst in birthright).

Will probably finish it before Garon because Garon has been getting more on the obnoxious side lol

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Based Gust music team, thank you. When the vocals kick in at around the 1:20 mark, it's  just 👌👌👌.

Will forever be amazed that the series about cute girls doing cute things has music that goes in hard.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Based Gust music team, thank you. When the vocals kick in at around the 1:20 mark, it's  just 👌👌👌.

Will forever be amazed that the series about cute girls doing cute things has music that goes in hard.

Reminds of their non-Atelier stuff

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

First war crimes and now this? Truly your villainy knows no bounds. Where is the teehee alignment chart when you need it?

I'm not in the chart. I'm too evil to fit any of the categories.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

DAMNIT @Armagon, I HAD YOUR P5 CHARACTER ON MY MIND WHILE I WAS AT WORK TODAY AND ACCIDENTALLY SIGND EVERYONE'S RECIEPTS AS "SUS" INSTEAD OF MY NAME

Well, that is amazing.

8 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

sSDUnpS.jpg

Why do I keep finding that I agree on things with Mr. Anime himself.

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

So in between the Garonquesting i have been birthright'ing a bit...

Definitely the weakest of the fates routes imo.

The best way to describe it would be....GbaFE with Dual Attack/Guard. The maps i can see something interesting being done with, but it's a rout/boss borefest instead.

Also throws way too many player units at you early on. Other routes (yes even rev.) are quite better in pacing the units they give you (even if Fates isn't really the best in that regard, it's by far at it's worst in birthright).

Yes, Birthright is still Fates, but it's definitely Fates at its weakest, with the godawful balance issues (Ryoma Emblem lol), bizarre difficulty curve and generally uninspired gameplay. Daniela is the best thing to come out of it lol.

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Will probably finish it before Garon because Garon has been getting more on the obnoxious side lol

I mean, hasn't it always been, with the Inevitable End enfeeble maidens in the Fortaka?

5a6ed1d8cb13f2165c0087a9c5b429a6.png

Albedo, even in your younger days you never had your head on straight! That's one of the things that just make him great, his unhinged change from being younger to growing up and understanding the world.

Why do I keep finding that I agree on things with Mr. Anime himself.

Green Goblin 'You And I Are Not So Different' Memes - StayHipp

That's why.

I mean, hasn't it always been, with the Inevitable End enfeeble maidens in the Fortaka?

Those could be still played around with due to Garon being op early on

Now i'm facing 7 Mov 86 avo dread fighters with Lunge (so i have to RNG enemy phase them lol), 10+ crit on enemies due to team Garon low Luck, etc.

Like on PP i can migitate that with skills and positioning yeah, but i can't exactly do that when enemies outmov me...

LlmqL8FT_o.jpg

God help us all.

(Chapter 16)

Spoiler

We've three ways forward for the continent at large. Each of the main three is of one opinion.

Roland wants to... Give up everything to Hyzante. He says if they control the entire realm, all will live equally under the Goddess and everlasting peace will be achieved. He dismisses the fact that the Goddess's equality is a big lie constructed to oppress a whole people, whose suffering he considers as a small price to pay. He says he's willing to give up kingship, which sounds pretty selfless... until he says he refuses to even entertain a temporary alliance with Dolphacula because he killed his father and no other reason.

I must say, he disappoints me. And here I thought Benedict and I were the evil ones.

Freddie wants to save her people, then run away and chase after a mythical land where everything will surely be perfect. Not much in the way of a plan to free the Roselle from a country that is currently far more powerful than us. She also made no mention as to everyone who will be left in the wartorn land, or how we'll even escape that land in the first place.

It's the fairy tale approach. She has no plan and if this weren't a videogame, she'd only succeed in getting us killed and her people's oppressors gaining the upper hand. I'd rather not, honestly.

And then there's Ben. Class act, he is. His proposal is simple: Ally with Dolphacula, beat up Hyzante, then share their precious salt among ourselves. I must say, I don't get why Freddie doesn't subscribe to this plan. Hyzante's downfall would lead to the Roselle's freedom. Maybe it'd take a bit longer, but it's an actual plan as opposed to an empty dream.* She comes across as impatient, which is understandable, but reckless. And we could deal with Dolphacula later. Svarog is still kicking, still influential and still burning with hatred for the good vampire. He'd happily help out with that.

* The game keeps ignoring this part, and insists on making Ben act like he's ignoring the plight of Roselle and all he cares about is Wolffort and Wolffort's power and future. Probably because there needs to be a conflict between these three characters, even if two of them could perfectly align and the other is just plain wrong.

Only downside to this plan is that I would have to get the manchild king out of the way first.

Heh. Well. So long, blondie. I have Hossabara for pushback shenanigans.

@lightcosmo did you make it here already? And if so, what'd you choose? If not, don't open this yet. Big spoilers.

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Those could be still played around with due to Garon being op early on

Now i'm facing 7 Mov 86 avo dread fighters with Lunge (so i have to RNG enemy phase them lol), 10+ crit on enemies due to team Garon low Luck, etc.

Like on PP i can migitate that with skills and positioning yeah, but i can't exactly do that when enemies outmov me...

Oof.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh, the game actually acknowledged it a bit later!

Spoiler

Serenoa brought up the fact that Benedict's plan would still bring down Hyzante. Freddie argues the war would be longer, as would the suffering of the Roselle, and that Dolphacula wouldn't give a damn about saving them. Which is a fair point... But again, we've allies in Aesfrost, and even if we didn't they've been crippled at this point. We can handle Dolphacula. We can't handle Hyzante and Aesfrost both alone.

Still, she did say "Roland's path is the only one I cannot abide", which makes me think perhaps she wouldn't betray if I were to side with Benedict, even if it didn't make her happy. Heck, that'd make it the best path by far. Who woulda thought, Ben would be the one to provide the least evil and/or destructive plan...

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@lightcosmo did you make it here already? And if so, what'd you choose? If not, don't open this yet. Big spoilers

Yes I did and:

Spoiler

I chose to assit the Roselle, mainly because its the right thing to do, Roland's method is questionable as fuck, and lastly cause I dislike Benedict as a character. And I cant ignore wrongdoing of course.

Oh.

Spoiler

Roland did not die. In fact, I just looked it up. In all three of the regular paths, one of the main three betrays you, but they all yield after dueling Serenoa and go their own ways.

That's... A bit underwhelming. I wish they were bolder and killed them off. Would've been more effective. Oh, well. At least he's gone. They did that much.

32 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

i've seen enough rout maps with stat inflated enemies to last me a life time

NyumeZ5.png

dropped

Eh, you're not missing much. Camilla was the only legitimately great map in the route, and the finale (or well, pre finale, the finale ends in one turn) is as godawful and rescue-demanding as Lunatic Conquest's. Or at least it is if you don't use Ryoma.

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yes I did and:

Reveal hidden contents

I chose to assit the Roselle, mainly because its the right thing to do, Roland's method is questionable as fuck, and lastly cause I dislike Benedict as a character. And I cant ignore wrongdoing of course.

Yeah, I figured you'd do that.

Spoiler

In a vacuum, it is the right thing to do, yes. And this harkens back to the problem I expressed the other day - because this is a videogame and all choices need to be validated, Frederica's complete lack of a real plan (and the loss of the only person who makes plans at all in Wolffort) won't come back to bite her in the ass, so the more heartless and compromising approaches of Benedict and Roland feel unnecessary.

I still say Benedict's plan could logically lead to the release of the Roselle as well, but I can't say I blame you for your choice. Ben's kind of an ass.

20220313125441-1.jpg

A healing hug.

Haven't seen any kisses though, despite the game advertising them. You do have to stand perfectly still for a while to trigger a hug, and the only reason I saw this is checking the remaining battery life on my laptop caused my controller to lose connectivity for a few moments.

I'll toss the bulk of the rest of this unexpectedly lengthy log in spoilers.:

Spoiler

Haven struck me with a serious quiet moment, one which made me realize of my concerns about ever venturing into the world of relationships, might be rather common. I can imagine I've seen such sentiments before in video games, I've played enough, but it didn't land in the noggin and heart, at least not like it did with this game.☺️ (There is at least one obvious reason for that.)

Continuing, I was treated to a spot of humor that I was not expecting. I didn't physically laugh out loud, but wow that was good.🤣 I had to screenshot it for future recollection, in case the game doesn't have an event viewer. There was also a conversation that made me remember XCX Chapter 12 of all things.

And shortly before wrapping it up for the day, the game sent me a red flag about how it's all going to end.😬 I swear on the names of Eros, Aphrodite, Freya, Kamadeva and a long list of other love deities, if there isn't an ending where these two live happy, free, and together for as long as their natural lifespans allow, I am going to cry an ocean. My tear ducts are going to be so overworked they'll go on strike and demand a union.

"Don't worry about the destination, focus on the journey idiot! -Minus the parts of the journey that you don't like." -Is what I'm trying to tell myself. I do have a tendency to fixate though, Asperger's I could blame methinks. Perhaps it's that fixation that is drawing to me these two lovebirds as it is, that is treating me to these wonderful highs; yet it would also explain much of my depressiveness and lows. As younger me used to say in a cliched way- "neither blessing, nor curse", or maybe both.

And to think I've only played for 4 hours according to Steam.😆 Short, stupendously sweet, and possibly supremely sorrowful when it's all said and done, not my usual faire.

-----

Since I'm limiting myself to one serving of Haven per day, and I feel like continuing with a break on SMTV, I'll begin watching the remainder of Episode I while a certain medieval high-fantasy Saga is downloading in the background. I want to get that hexy thang out of my backlog. And between play sessions of that or after it's over, I'll watch Ep. II while downloading Ep. III, but I'll play a different '2 with giant robots before getting to Ep. III. I downloaded that game back in...November? It's getting close enough to the six months that pass between the Divine Wars & L5 Campaign and the start of the new conflicts.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

FNr1hMAXoAUCXdw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Atlus's company mascot.😄 I felt guilty incinerating a bunch of them in SMTV, their last cries of "hee...ho..." tugged at me.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Anyways i have conquered Maradame's Palace. That was dope. Now time to slog through life again until the game gets good again.

Really drives home the ultrarealistic simulating of life then.😑

Edited by Interdimensional Observer