Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

No.

No, dangit!

I want at least one Acacia recommendation to come through! I will use Sumia or the entire army will die trying!

...Time to defy my elitist side once more.

Time to embark in a... skirmish.

Just now, Sooks said:

So supposedly Utility is not “the evil trait” but I just got a suuuper evil looking “wordsmith” called Lionel who refers to himself in the third person and joined our army just to make money. I will use him.

Anyway, on to the battle.

hahahahaha... Nah, he's not evil. He's just a sleazebag. He's hilarious too, use him.

Just now, Sooks said:

Why are you like this?

Bahahaha! Once more into the breach, my friend!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The voice acting though… 

… is… anyone else slightly bothered by it? 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So supposedly Utility is not “the evil trait” but I just got a suuuper evil looking “wordsmith” called Lionel who refers to himself in the third person and joined our army just to make money. I will use him.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I have created a monster

Nah, grasping that the game Is designed yo be easy isnt difficult, others just dont wanna admit its poor balancing regardless.

Wait... What?! The skirmish enemies are obscenely powerful! Curse you, elitist modders...! Keeping me from committing high treason upon your creed!

Fine, then. Sumia will catch up in Anna's paralogue. I hope. I pray. Please. Pretty please.

2 minutes ago, Elina said:

The voice acting though… 

In Triangle Strategy? Slightly, yes. But it wasn't a big problem.

5 minutes ago, Elina said:

The voice acting though… 

Yeah, a little.

There’s a quick easy fix to being bothered by the voice acting tho: recruit Picoletta. You’ll suddenly realize everyone else’s was not that bad.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Well, this certainly is a… thing that exists.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hahahahaha... Nah, he's not evil. He's just a sleazebag. He's hilarious too, use him.

Well, funny story, I only have one free deployment slot, and it was going to go to either Hossabara or him.

Now, obviously it’s going to Lionel, but still.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Nah, grasping that the game Is designed yo be easy isnt difficult, others just dont wanna admit its poor balancing regardless.

I mean, i agree with you.

I just don't think modding a game you hate is the right way to deal with this. Just uninstall and forget

bf72GS4.png

see? No Trails installed. Just forget and live and you will be happier, believe me 😄

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Persona 5R really introducing Hostage mechanics 60 hours into the game. It's basically the opposite of demon negotiation. But the screenshot example makes it look like this could've been happening since the start of the game. What????????????????????

This isn't an issue btw, i'm just super confused. Why didn't this happen before?

At this stage in the game anyways, it's a non-issue. "Oh no, the demon executed a party member, what ever shall i do" i say looking at my absolute stack of full revives.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As weak as an argument as this is, i guess i can humor you: I shouldnt have to, the fucking morons that develop the game should be doing this, it isnt that difficult to grasp.

And let me ask you, what makes you think that the devs see it as something that needs to be fixed?

I hate to say this man because i'd rather there not be any bad beef but you're actually acting really pretentiously about game design. This is like the same thing as "I fixed *character design*, hire me *dev studio*". 

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But you wouldnt understand since you generally focus on games that are on the easier side.

FLdPV6CUUAIeLNn?format=jpg&name=large

And also, now you've resorted to "easy mode L" comments, which, c'mon dude, that's GameFaqs levels of bad arguments. Don't stoop down to GameFaqs level.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, funny story, I only have one free deployment slot, and it was going to go to either Hossabara or him.

Now, obviously it’s going to Lionel, but still.

Bench Frederica instead.

Well, that was fun. I just watched Frederica burn the entire enemy army to the ground again, what’d I miss—

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bench Frederica instead.

Ah.

Oh my God this mod though.

Like, it doesn't feel like I'm assuming base game Lunatic+ does, which is just crap.

Nah, it just feels extremely hard like Lunatic Conquest does.

My entire team is so bad. It's not just Sumia, Miriel is the one and only character who can do damage other than Frederick. Every single time, I attempt the map without Fred, and every time, I bounce back and have to bench someone for Fred.

Jesus Christ, seriously! How does that insane prepromote Anna die so easily? It shouldn't be...!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah.

I'm just kidding, honestly. Freddie is okay. She's my second least favorite mage in the game, but that's not saying much, all the mages are fun.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And let me ask you, what makes you think that the devs see it as something that needs to be fixed?

I hate to say this man because i'd rather there not be any bad beef but you're actually acting really pretentiously about game design. This is like the same thing as "I fixed *character design*, hire me *dev studio*". 

And i'll counter, if that were the case, why do they have things like EP cost on arts? Serious question, btw.

Edit: to extend on this, why does Seraphic ring cost so much EP compared to Thelas if fun were the sole goal?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And also, now you've resorted to "easy mode L" comments, which, c'mon dude, that's GameFaqs levels of bad arguments. Don't stoop down to GameFaqs level.

That wasnt a negative comment, just a fact, and i never claimed that it was a bad thing

Lemme make this clear, I think its 100% fine if you enjoy CS on easy mode, but dont claim the game is balanced,

Edited by lightcosmo

I read online that you can slightly increase your utility if you kill all the enemies in a map where the objective doesn’t require you to, and this map is kill boss, so I did that. I also completely coincidentally increased Serenoa’s convictions from getting spoils, which the internet says also goes to utility.

Apparently I also did something to increase liberty, because Picoletta joined after the battle. Now I have everyone in my OG roster + two extras and hopefully enough utility to make the choice I want to make. Yeah, this was definitely worth it. Inb4 the right decision was the other one this whole time and everyone dies because of my time traveling shenanigans.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God this mod though.

Like, it doesn't feel like I'm assuming base game Lunatic+ does, which is just crap.

Nah, it just feels extremely hard like Lunatic Conquest does.

My entire team is so bad. It's not just Sumia, Miriel is the one and only character who can do damage other than Frederick. Every single time, I attempt the map without Fred, and every time, I bounce back and have to bench someone for Fred.

Jesus Christ, seriously! How does that insane prepromote Anna die so easily? It shouldn't be...!

Wait, you’re not playing on Lunatic+, are you?

I'm just kidding, honestly. Freddie is okay. She's my second least favorite mage in the game, but that's not saying much, all the mages are fun.

It’s also not saying much because I have literally two mages, the other of whom is “archmage who literally no one cares about!” and has been benched for four chapters.

Edited by Sooks

AHAHAHAHA YES

YES

I SAVED THE VILLAGE IN PARALOGUE 2

One of the archers just happened to move into it to murder Anna. On the following turn, he moved last, so the brigands wasted their turn running next to him. This gave Sumia just about enough time to ferry Frederick to the village gates.

...That's great, except Sumia was too busy carrying Frederick around to get any experience from 60% of the map's enemies. Which bodes ill for the future. Really ill.

Just now, Sooks said:

I read online that you can slightly increase your utility if you kill all the enemies in a map where the objective doesn’t require you to, and this map is kill boss, so I did that. I also completely coincidentally increased Serenoa’s convictions from getting spoils, which the internet says also goes to utility.

Apparently I also did something to increase liberty, because Picoletta joined after the battle. Now I have everyone in my OG roster + two extras and hopefully enough utility to make the choice I want to make. Yeah, this was definitely worth it. Inb4 the right decision was the other one this whole time and everyone dies because of my time traveling shenanigans.

Not bad. Not bad.

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait, you’re not playing on Lunatic+, are you?

Nah, just lunatic. Modder said the mod was balanced around hard / lunatic. So lunatic.

Just now, Sooks said:

It’s also not saying all that much because I have literally two mages, the other of whom is “archmage who literally no one cares about!” and has been benched for four chapters.

Narve makes a poor first impression. Surrounded by super unique and fun units as he is. He's... all right, but he's really not as fun or focused as the other mages.

The shaman is my favorite of the mages. Look forward to getting her.

Even just skipping through the story scenes I’ve already seen (spoilers)

Spoiler

Gustadolph’s plan with Cordelia is not any less evil and disgusting, and Roland putting on Maxwell’s mask and hat is still such a cool moment.

You know, I didn’t expect much of this game’s story, but it really is pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The shaman is my favorite of the mages. Look forward to getting her.

Inb4 I accidentally min max again and never get her because I don’t get any points in her trait for the next fifteen chapters.

Yesss

She got one kill.

Getting Sumia one kill required more strategy than the rest of the map.

Damn archer went to Miriel to get eaten instead of attacking the perfectly good Sully I had presented him...

Just now, Sooks said:

Even just skipping through the story scenes I’ve already seen (spoilers)

Hide contents

Gustadolph’s plan with Cordelia is not any less evil and disgusting, and Roland putting on Maxwell’s mask and hat is still such a cool moment.

You know, I didn’t expect much of this game’s story, but it really is pretty good.

Surprisingly good, I must say. It's not without weak moments, but the overall package is solid.

Just now, Sooks said:

Inb4 I accidentally min max again and never get her because I don’t get any points in her trait for the next fifteen chapters.

Oof.

Wha-- Are you fucking serious!? Maribelle spends the entire map healing Chrom, Frederick spends the entire time fighting with Sumia, and the ones who gain a support are Frederick and Maribelle!?

This game is just determined to annoy me now...

Me: Gets back to the chapter I was at, now having picked four extra utility dialogue options.

*checks persuasion status for every character before heading into town*

Every character: “You’d have better luck talking to a stone wall” (meaning it’s impossible to convince them)

Me: *Starts to freak out, because I went back to the earliest save I had and picked every utility option, but it still wasn’t enough*

*runs to town and picks the two utility dialogue options in town, hoping they’ll be enough, then runs back to check on the persuasion*

Three out of four of the needed characters: “You’d have better luck talking to a stone wall”

CHAD ANNA: “They will listen, at the very least”

LET’S GOOOOO

ANNA BEST

The operation was a success. El psy kongroo.