• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well I beat the first three chapters of Hector Hard Mode, no problem. I then spent 200 turns before seizing the throne so Serra and Oswin could support.

No one died in the battle either, which iirc means I’m doing better than Benice.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well I beat the first two chapters of Hector Hard Mode, no problem. I then spent 200 turns before seizing the throne so Serra and Oswin could support.

No one died in the battle either, which iirc means I’m doing better than Benice.

Fun fact: If you kill every enemy in three consecutive maps with Serra, World's End Valentine starts playing.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

PSA: Portrait of Ruin is also PoR, not just Path of Radiance

Ahh, it was fun messing with Sooks's head while it lasted. Though bringing up Aria probably made it far too obvious... Y'know, if it wasn't already when I've spent the entire night talking about DS emulators.

Come to think about it, do you even know what PoR is, Sooks...?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, it was fun messing with Sooks's head while it lasted.

But I wasn’t even the one who mentioned— ah, never mind.

Though bringing up Aria probably made it far too obvious...

You say that as if I have any clue what Aria is.

Y'know, if it wasn't already when I've spent the entire night talking about DS emulators.

This I noticed, but then you said PoR so…

Come to think about it, do you even know what PoR is, Sooks...?

No.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Someone make a chart will ya of the waifus of individual members of Teehee and what that says about them.

I would but I don't know who everyone's waifu is

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You say that as if I have any clue what Aria is

No.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin on the Nintendo DS. Aria of Sorrow is another Castlevania, the one I am currently playing. Hence, the therefore.

That reminds me, I completely forgot to share this. I found this enemy in Aria:

xh5P3Z47_o.png

H O U O U I N--

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

PoR in a nutshell:

I did some tests with MelonDS. I had enough time to enjoy this experience for myself.

I will say, I really dig the whole two characters gimmick. It seems quite cool. Also it sets the game apart from Ecclesia, something these games desperately need when it comes to being liked by me.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

K Y O U M A  D E S U  ! !

HYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUhahahahaha

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not to mention you have to get out of the game, paste the image onto an image editor and manually save. Not great, all in all

This is uh.....this is what i've been doing this entire time. Both for Citra and MelonDS.

And i play with top screen/bottom screen format, instead of the side-by-side that you're playing.

Also, this one's lagging a bit,

That's weird, i've never had it lag on me. It handles even the combo-heavy specials of the Endless Frontier games just fine.

Then again, i've only been using it for Endless Frontier, much like how i pretty much just used Citra for only Project X Zone. And the latter did lag on my but 3DS is a bigger jump.

Also also, the speed up function is way worse.

Citra doesn't even have one. You'll live.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And, of course, this isn't something you can see, but there's the extra hassle of having to paste the images onto an editor and manually save them, as opposed to just pressing a button and forgetting about it.

I mean usually when i'm uploading the images, i have to go into the folders anyway, so if i need to crop, i just do it then and there. It only really becomes a minor inconvenience if i'm posting several. 

unknown.png?width=768&height=432

So eh. Whatever. I'm used to it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This is uh.....this is what i've been doing this entire time. Both for Citra and MelonDS.

Citra has screenshots though. Like every other emulator.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Citra doesn't even have one. You'll live.

Citra has speed up though. Like every other emulator. Except the shitty one for PS1

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So eh. Whatever. I'm used to it.

Still, curse you, Armagon the Xenofan. Like every other emulator.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin on the Nintendo DS. Aria of Sorrow is another Castlevania, the one I am currently playing. Hence, the therefore.

That reminds me, I completely forgot to share this. I found this enemy in Aria:

xh5P3Z47_o.png

H O U O U I N--

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Citra has screenshots though

I've been printscreening.

Citra has speed up though.

When i looked it up, all i got were results saying there is no fast-forward.

Turns out there's a sort-of workaround where you fuck around with the framerate but it's not "just press button to go fast". Like how it is on GBA and Dolphin.

I'm now reminded I have a Portrait of Ruin fanfic idea.

... I swear I will actually write non-FE stuff someday...!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Smh what is it with polls with public votes. Employ secret ballots you cowards!

This is apparently very late, but so you are aware it's so I can keep track of whose death track is in the "right order", though I'm certainly fine to change that. So far I believe Jotari and Chloey are the only two who voted for a correct option, back in the first round, though I haven't checked my notes so someone might be on track this round.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm now reminded I have a Portrait of Ruin fanfic idea.

... I swear I will actually write non-FE stuff someday...!

Don't. Write a Path of Radiance fanfic instead.

Edited by Original Johan Liebert

I've kinda have. Started one, at least. And that's the point. I've been writing FE stuff non-stop for like three years now.

gsdx-20220413180018.pnggsdx-20220413180029.pnggsdx-20220413180043.png

I don't remember U.U.N. -Ultimate Uncanny Nails- kicking off with a haiku. 

I know I fudged the last screenshot, but I don't know if I can pause PCSX2 without closing it.

The last route split is over, beautifully so.

Spoiler

It appears I've misremembered who dealt the stroke 2nd Original Generation retconned as nonfatal. Wodan did better than the man he lost to, he did not end in shame, I'm happy to see that.

Viletta commented on the Machine Cells as acting like Zehirut/Zfylud Crystal, she might have back in GBA, but I didn't remember it. If she ever made such comments in Alpha Gaiden, it'd be because of the Astragant's remains. But since it and the Aurgelmir don't exist in OG (a slight shame, but the writing is tight here and would require some debatable alterations to make it fit), it can't be that. 2nd OG's choice from what I know to make Fehu a pawn of Euzeth makes me think it him who supplied a sample of Zehirut Crystal.

Time for the heroes to reunite for the final offensive. As I've been uncertain as to how many units I can field in the endgame scenarios, I can now get an idea of it and start spending my 2.2 million in cash reserves.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

O O F

A thousand curses, my selectiveness strikes again! Truly the worst of villains!

Fortunately, Metroidvanias have ballooned as a genre in the past decade, perhaps its oversaturated even. The quality varies of course, that and not being as heavily reviewed are problems, but you shouldn't be lacking for options if you look around.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I cannot wait for more trailers. This is looking more and more amazing the more I see of it.

Considering I don't mind Square like some Teehee members, I'll go for LaL sooner or later for sure myself. Even if I'm not exactly excited for the game. I'll probably buy those Front Mission ports they've announced too.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeaaaaaaaaaah having second thoughts now. This emulator is not all it was made out to be. Far too many issues. Small-ish issues, sure, but they pile up, and then again, my Desmume build only had one tiny issue in a single game that I could notice, and otherwise it was perfectly fine, so... Yeah, no. Maybe I'll check it out once it develops further, but this is too unpolished right now.

I basically don't have a choice and have to use Melon. Considering Desmune all of sudden started afflicting my not-even-a-half-year-old $1000+ quality gaming laptop with serious boot-up issues. Thankfully, there have been no lasting damages to the machine once I stopped using it.

Why is everyone horny tonight?

For me, eroticism is an affirmation of the joy of life. Of living in the moment. Of forgetting that damnable memento mori. In carnal enthrallment, I find a sense of serenity, security, salvation.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm warning you, PoR is peak anime influence on Castlevania (barring the Castlevania: Judgement spinoff released shortly thereafter). Ecclesia yanked away the anime after DoS and PoR let it in. (IIRC, in Japan, DoS and PoR both tried changing the franchise's title from "Akumajo Dracula" (Demon Castle Dracula) to the international "Castlevania". Japanese fans didn't like this, and OoE changed it back.)

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Thought Process: "Print Screen Key exists, so why bother."

Imagine having a laptop that doesn't have Print Screen.😑

Makes things more tedious than it should be.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Spanish Inquisition GIF - Spanish Inquisition Me109 - Descubre & Comparte  GIFs

I've heard the Monty Python quip is the furthest thing from the historical truth. The Spanish Inquisition gave you a month/40 days' notice in advance of your trial. The reasoning being that the Inquisition relied on informants from within the communities they sought to arrest people from. The weeks-long warning was intended to send fear into your immortal soul and get you to rat on other people in hopes it'd save you from a harsh punishment.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer