Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must admit, I'm glad I didn't let the mediocre first stretch dissuade me from continuing. Aria has definitely gotten better. From Headhunter onwards, the difficulty has ramped up and the quality of the bosses has much improved. Mostly because they've stopped doing the "tough enemy is a boss early on and appears later as a regular enemy" thing. They did it once in Ecclesia and it was cool, but Aria does it three times, it overstays its welcome here.

A weak beginning, to be sure, but I'm seeing now why everyone loves this game so much. Is it better than Ecclesia? Absolutely not, nor is it better than Bloodstained, but it's a fair entry still. Solid Igavania. It probably is better than Dawn of Sorrow, but again, I played that one so many years ago that I hesitate to make a judgment.

Glad to see its getting somewhat better for you.🙂 

And usually, Aria of Sorrow is considered better than Dawn of Sorrow. Dawn is where I began, but in retrospect, it feels a little lazy and uninspired. An early DS title that has better graphics and sound than GBA, but doesn't really do a whole lot to make the overall gameplay experience much fresher or better than what came before it.

Just to get this out of the way, the real final area and final boss have a special requirement to unlock, as you know is usually the case in Igavania. Aria isn't very direct about what you need to do, it drops mostly optional hints, but not more than that. If you want to know what you need to do.

Spoiler

Flame Demon, Giant Bat, Succubus- obtain and equip these souls during the untrue final battle. To be precise, you only need to equip them all for one moment- when you deal enough damage to make the boss transition from the first phase to the second, during which dialogue will trigger -which is adjusted if you did the right thing. You can use other souls before and after this.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course. I'll fully admit half of my excitement here is because I played this game when I was 14. Good ol' nostalgia power.

Nostalgia with a graphical update is a powerful force indeed. That has been my source of purest fun for the past week or so.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Julizan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh yeah, that omnious butterfly made an unexpected return.

Spoiler

See, i knew who Morpho Knight was, but i didn't realize he was a recent addition to the Kirby lore. I have not played Star Allies, that game doesn't interest me too much.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How old are the results you've seen? It may've been a relatively recent addition.

Well the top results ranged from 2018 to last year.

4 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

It's not what you're thinking xD

Basically, it's a revenge story, and you could say they were "Partners", but now that the revenge is "done", he wants it to be something genuine...

Except she knows that his mother's killer is still loose (but doesn't wanna tell him because he finally started being happy), and she's really really really smart, and it's a common trope in revenge stories for something to re-ignite the "need for revenge".

That sounds like the most boring direction to take the story in.

I have not read said story so don't mind me, i'm just rambling it's my distaste for suffering talking.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I haven't really turned my Switch on in a while, and i don't constantly read up on releases unless it's something i'm seriously interested in.

Even then, i've made several posts about the game. Honestly surprised you missed them.

Edited by Armagon

Broke: I relate to *character* because this this and that

Woke: I relate to Kirby because we both have shit handwriting

FQTq7jVVkAQUniP?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Armagon

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's nothing to apologize my friend. I'm just simply confused.

Oh, I guess I just got the impression i dissapointed you since I didnt notice.

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

🤔

Oh shush you.

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Speaking of getting songs stuck in my head, you have good taste for your harem Twilit.

So I've spent the entire game punching enemies in the face. Even with the Cestus upgrade, it's ineffective, but hey, it's funny.

I think I've found something funnier still, though.

https://images2.imgbox.com/27/15/24IUK2Vc_o.png

Random gun in an ice cavern. Soma is now American.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Glad to see its getting somewhat better for you.🙂 

Much better. It's gotten pretty great now. It just had a rather weak beginning. Took a little while to get going. But that's fine.

Just to get this out of the way, the real final area and final boss have a special requirement to unlock, as you know is usually the case in Igavania. Aria isn't very direct about what you need to do, it drops mostly optional hints, but not more than that. If you want to know what you need to do.

Hide contents

Flame Demon, Giant Bat, Succubus- obtain and equip these souls during the untrue final battle. To be precise, you only need to equip them all for one moment- when you deal enough damage to make the boss transition from the first phase to the second, during which dialogue will trigger -which is adjusted if you did the right thing. You can use other souls before and after this.

Yeah, I figured. I actually just found one of these hints a bit earlier. A tome that said "the second spirit is the King of Bats." I can only imagine that's pointing to the Succubus.

Nostalgia with a graphical update is a powerful force indeed. That has been my source of purest fun for the past week or so.

You said it. It's been a hot minute since I last experienced Live a Live. It'll be my pleasure to do so once again, with graphics to match.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well the top results ranged from 2018 to last year.

Huh... Well, I've been using speed up for months. So either it was added recently or my life is a lie.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I've spent the entire game punching enemies in the face. Even with the Cestus upgrade, it's ineffective, but hey, it's funny.

I think I've found something funnier still, though.

https://images2.imgbox.com/27/15/24IUK2Vc_o.png

I’m glad to see your recovery from Awakening is going well. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Random gun in an ice cavern. Soma is now American.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

it's my distaste for suffering talking.

Oshi no Ko is Aka in his edgy mood heh. I actually like it more than Kaguya (especially with Kaguya'd last arc) and sm lovin it.

Also suffering based

You know, I took a break because I thought Gen 2 was going to slow down Genealogy by being back to unpromoted units.. but the combination of inheritance and improved growths just makes things feel off. Like I got to the first Arena of Gen 2 and everyone cleared it (well everyone who's in the castle. Shanan, Patty, Leif, Nanna and Finn aren't able to do it because the allied Leonster castle apparently doesn't have it, which is a shame because Finn would totally dominate it because he has 27 strength and a brave lance)

Marcus almost died to a 51% hit chance because I was overly reckless in the fog for literally no reason, but then he dodged!

Edited by Sooks

Hurray, I have defeated the evil scarfman! I saved the world! Yeah... ahah.

Hm.

...Well, I was lucky enough that a succubus randomly dropped her soul without needing to grind while I was exploring. Now off to find the other two monsters. I don't think I've ever even seen them.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Marcus almost died to a 51% hit chance because I was overly reckless in the fog for literally no reason, but then he dodged!

Fire Emblem moment.

You know something guys, having gone on a drinking binge last night and not really understanding what I was posting I’m happy to say that I’m not suffering a hangover. If fact it’s very nice outside, I think I’ll go for a walk. In fact, I feel that nothing could destroy my good moo-

12 hours ago, Benice said:

As well as whether or not a McDonald's urinal fetish was a thing, as that was the only other conceivable thing we could think of!

Edited by WraithReborn

Oh okay, so I could actually break through this waterfall the entire time. I just... happened to need one of three souls that let you transform. Which I didn't. So I'm only entering this place now. The game tries to hint at it by putting tiny drawings of the monsters in the walls of the waterfall room, but well, it's a GBA game. It's impossible to tell what those things could be.

And people complain about Bloodstained's diving shard? That's only one, and the enemy you need to kill to get it has a high chance to drop the shard and can be found in high quantities in the very area where you first need to dive. Would be better if it wasn't a thing at all, but hey, it's straightforward enough, for what it could be.

Ah, well. Not every game can be as rad as Ecclesia. At any rate, there's Good Ending Monster #2. Get its soul, keep going, see if I can find the big bat. I think I may just know where to look...

EDIT: On the bright side, at least the Good Ending Souls drop easily enough. Might be just luck, but both the flame demon and the succubus dropped theirs very easily. Thanks for that, Iga, at least.

EDIT 2: I'm a complete idiot, I've had the giant bat soul all this time. I just didn't obtain it from a giant bat, so I didn't realize. Nice.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Ohhhhh.

I get it now.

I mean, it's still a rather guide moment, but... Now that I've seen those specific three souls at work, and who I look like when I'm using them... yeah, I get it. That's why I need those for the good ending. Real cute, Aria. Real cute.

Anyway, I have shot Julius Belmont in the face. Next is the final boss. I'll do it later.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EDIT 2: I'm a complete idiot, I've had the giant bat soul all this time. I just didn't obtain it from a giant bat, so I didn't realize. Nice.

IIRC, that boss battle began when the thing you actually fight crushes the giant bat in the palm of its hand, a gruesome surprise. I guess the devs felt a giant bat battle, which Castlevania had done before, was too boring to actually have in AoS.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EDIT: On the bright side, at least the Good Ending Souls drop easily enough. Might be just luck, but both the flame demon and the succubus dropped theirs very easily. Thanks for that, Iga, at least.

Overall, soul acquisition rates are higher than in Dawn of Sorrow I think. And you don't need to grind for nine copies to bring them to full power either, unlike Dawn and unfortunately Bloodstained.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, I have shot Julius Belmont in the face.

For a GBA track, it's pretty darned good.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Woke: I relate to Kirby because we both have shit handwriting

I mean, who doesn't in this day and age when paper & writing by hand have fallen to the wayside with the revolution brought on by computers? Mine was never good either, too small and what I positively spun as "wispy" and "kinetic", as the strokes often left the paper earlier than they should've. -And this despite me being somewhat older than you and thus remembering a time before computers became quite as omnipresent.

I look back at all the modding things I posted, and all the notes, and I realise: I have a gift that I take for granted, and I hate that. Its a 95% self taught hobby that people tell me all the time is amazing, but i blow it off. 

Its better than being arrogant about it, sure, but I get the impression others believe i should take pride in what i've accomplished. Maybe i'm overlooking things?

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Excuse me, may I inquire as to what?

Don't worry about it.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Welcome back, I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you!

'Morning!