Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

and now it's time to feel empty inside because there's no season 3 to watch

10/10

lskOKQc.png

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In fact, for a long time I've been wanting to write something of a fanfic novelization of the game. Although with an added crossover element thrown in. Sometimes I find fascination in crossover scenarios that are simply "Character from setting A is thrown into setting B", which is what said fanfic idea would boil down to. Can always just do without, though. With what I plan to make changes to, that alone can already be something different, perhaps.

https://mangadex.org/title/a914c375-efda-413b-b561-6ec80261aaa9/how-i-stalked-some-dude-with-an-exposed-nipple-and-stumbled-upon-the-zenithian-sword

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Dangit, couldn't finish it in time. Will have to wait till I get back to the city.

This chapter's great, though. Still one of my favorites. In fact, I'd say my favorite of the first seven chapters. It's between this and distant future. But I should wait until I play the other two I've left. Maybe all these years later, with a fresh perspective, I'll change my mind.

It's funny how my job keeps giving my days off earlier each week. It was Thursday off three weeks ago, Wednesday the following week, Tuesday last week and now tomorrow this week.

And I got a short shift on Thursday so Gunvolt day works out for me there.

And of course, tomorrow of means I can spend the whole day playing Xenoblade 3.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never seen this tech before, and I like it. Many of these elaborate ancient carvings from across the world are so faded and eroded that it's difficult to see the once-impressive images, this amazingly fixes that. I can now appreciate what unfortunately looks much like incoherent scratches to the untrained eye.

I like the sort of mystical vibes the tech adds to the carvings.

5000 pages.

That a lot of Teeheeing.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Four spheres? Where is the fifth largest? And where is the shield they fit into?

Which lighthouse does each of them fit in?

The silver base of waves that the ball sits on was a later addition, from Japan. The crystal ball is claimed without solid evidence to have belonged to Empress Dowager Cixi of Qing Dynasty China (she is usually considered infamous, although some modern scholars are more forgiving of her). It has been confirmed to be from Qing Dynasty though, sometime in the 1800s. It is possible that Cixi owned it, because again, third-largest in the world says something about who could have afforded this, and the Empress Dowager did have her possessions ransacked at one point. The crystal ball with silver base was purchased for the museum in 1927, at a Philadelphia department store, which says something not good about the ethics of antiquities at the time. 

You'd imagine it being in the possession of someone in that level of power would make sense.

Now, how it got to a department store in Philly in the Roaring 20s is another beat entirely.

As for whether it not it actually works, if she's still kicking, you could ask the woman who used it for horoscopes. The crystal ball got stolen for a few years and somehow wound up in the possession of a woman with an interest in fortunetelling, only for her husband to use it as a hat rest b/c leaving the crystal ball in the window nearly burned her.

So a person stole it, another ended up with it and tried to tell fortunes only for it to burn her where she placed it, with it ending up a hat rest before returning to the museum.

Wow.

The real surprise is it wasn't taken from that window, cover it up when not in use!

Now that I realized my post was the first on page 5000

Well, here's more DQV

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We reached a milestone! What's our prize?

Here's a bearded man for you

J3q2edb7 o

22 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Well, here's more DQV

I'd say, even with the departure from the Toriyama artstyle, Nera's movie outfit is quite pretty.

27 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Here's a bearded man for you

J3q2edb7 o

Thank you. I have two inquiries, if you'll humor me.

1- Why is the beardman almost naked?

2- What is this game, that features a random almost naked old man?

Of particular interest to @Shrimpy, I hadn't noticed until now due to the order in which I've played the chapters, but it appears random encounters are gone from Live a Live. China used to have random encounters against tigers in the forest. Now they visibly roam in the overworld and can be avoided with sole skill. Way rad. Will confirm if this happens everywhere, though it'd be super weird to change it in this one place and not the rest.

50 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Why are you peeping?

Dayni asking the real questions out here.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

5000 pages of teeheeing, eh?

feels like it just started yesterday

27 months of Teehee.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of particular interest to @Shrimpy, I hadn't noticed until now due to the order in which I've played the chapters, but it appears random encounters are gone from Live a Live. China used to have random encounters against tigers in the forest. Now they visibly roam in the overworld and can be avoided with sole skill. Way rad. Will confirm if this happens everywhere, though it'd be super weird to change it in this one place and not the rest.

If I'm recalling from trailers (I wouldn't have had a chance to pick the game up yet anyway):

Spoiler

I think the radar shows up in Pogo (though were they random originally? I actually think they weren't in that they were all placed on the map and you can avoid them) and Oersted's scenarios too, though I could be wrong on the latter.

China done. I love how Ou Di Wang Lee, while not impossibly difficult, is a legitimately terrifying boss. One attack alone knocked half of my healthbar and his defense is through the roof. Aside from carefully maneuvering the board, you pretty much need to use the ultimate technique to give you the edge to beat him in a timely manner... Which is, of course, by design.

Pogo and Oboro(maru) left. I think I'll probably do Pogo first. Leave Oboro's massive maze of secrets for last.

Well, last of the seven "regular" chapters. Then the true Live a Live will begin.

49 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Kuro no Kiseki.

Curry no Kiss Icky is now my favorite Tracks game.

38 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

The demo didn't have any random encounters, neither in Ninja time nor in China time

Actually, I have to make a correction. I misremembered. The tigers in China were visible in the original. Random encounters were in other places. We'll see if they remain in the remake. I'll be sure to let you all know when the time comes.

Gotta say, Mario 3D world, level design and mechanics wise, is probably one of the weaker 3D Mario titles....

If Multiplayer wasn't a thing.

Because damn it is the multiplayer chaos hella fun