Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I beat it with two friends once.

Hardest stages by far were the challenge houses. It was a veritable odyssey starting the level without one of us deciding to walk through the door and dragging everyone out of the level. So much fun.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I beat it with two friends once.

Hardest stages by far were the challenge houses. It was a veritable odyssey starting the level without one of us deciding to walk through the door and dragging everyone out of the level. So much fun.

I am playing it with my brother (+sometimes cousing) and an online group....

Especially online we game over every level because we keep killing each other lmao, wether intentionaly or not lol

And we are trying for the 100%, too Ü

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20220721_2029428121937610393046573.j

L as the XCX rep is befitting in a way. That being it is the presently black sheep game with a fans a little different from the norm, they might as well be eccentric aliens.

5 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Which lighthouse does each of them fit in?

Considering the Penn one almost burned someone, Mars. The Smithsonian one is located in the National Museum of Natural History's Hall of Gems and Minerals, so Venus. The Crow collection is on a mount -probably this time intended from the start for the crystal ball- of dragons descending into the depths of the ocean, so Mercury. Which means the PMA one must be Jupiter.

Although, reading the Crow Collection's description of crystal balls...

The rarity of large quartz crystals has made them sought after in cultures around the world. The English word “crystal” comes from the Greek word for “ice,” and the mineral was believed to be ice in a form that would never melt. Chinese language also captures the purity and clarity of water in their words for rock or ice crystal: Water Jade. A Chinese connoisseur writing in the 11th century, commented that the “finest crystals are found in Japan,” where the Crow quartz was mined. The crystal was shaped into a sphere by patient rolling in an abrasive slurry and fine polishing.

Rock crystal spheres were greatly admired in Meiji period (1868-1912) Japan as potent, contemplative works of art. They incorporated longstanding imagery of dragons chasing the emergence of light from the bottom of the sea. Textually, the image borrows from early Taoist references to the sacred pearl of wisdom, pure vital yang energy emerging from the watery yin of the oceans. Related associations include ball lightening, the sun, the moon, rolling thunder, and within Buddhism, the “jewel” in the heart of the lotus. In Chinese imagery, proper dragons manifesting yang energy were depicted with a ball of light under the chin.

The Crow sphere is mounted on a bronze base, silvered and gilded, on which swirling dragons ascend and descend amid the watery depths in pursuit of the ball of light that rests above. With ferocious power, they enact the quest for perfection of wisdom and the power to control the ebb and flow of the tides in the eternal cycle of transformation, the cycle of the seasons, and light of the sun in rounds with life-giving rain.

...it would seem the elemental association of shiny spheres could be pretty much any of the four Greco-Roman-Indic classical elements, except wind.

42 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Gotta say, Mario 3D world, level design and mechanics wise, is probably one of the weaker 3D Mario titles....

If Multiplayer wasn't a thing.

Because damn it is the multiplayer chaos hella fun

I barely played multi. This said, maybe I fell for the HD graphics too readily, but I still found it charming. Even if KatFL (and Super Mario Odyssey) outdoes it in the charm.

Fsp3a01o o

kek

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1- Why is the beardman almost naked?

The game has swimsuit DLCs

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

2- What is this game, that features a random almost naked old man?

The new best trails game. I think it will be unironically your cup of tea. You just have to wait until 2025

5 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Why are you peeping?

He's supposed to be clothed, but I was testing around the DLC clothes. This is just an unfortunate side-effect

Okay, I just about did everything on my quest journal barring the main questlines, and a few scattered things I'm saving for when other stuff pops up. Finished Boethiah, Sanguine, and Mehrunes Dagon's quests. That's fourteen of the fifteen Daedric quests, but because I unintentionally got both of Hircine's artifacts, then I got the achievement for getting "all" fifteen. Well, works on my favor, heh. The last quest... that last quest... oh that one... well, I won't start it until it becomes relevant to start it, as it were.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Live-a-Live related. If you know me, you know what it'll be about...

Spoiler

Of course they got someone from JAM Project for this.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

The game has swimsuit DLCs

Of course it does.

The new best trails game. I think it will be unironically your cup of tea.

Somehow I doubt it.

You just have to wait until 2025

Pfft.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Live-a-Live related. If you know me, you know what it'll be about...

Lol I've been saying it since I played the chapter.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Of course they got someone from JAM Project for this.

Yep, figured as much.

Yeah, the song and the "opening" cutscene were hype, I could appreciate that much.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

L as the XCX rep is befitting in a way. That being it is the presently black sheep game with a fans a little different from the norm, they might as well be eccentric aliens.

Ironic because without it, my starting point for the series would not have been a thing. I got it, and used that deal that got one a download of Xenoblade Chronicles as well. Only problem is I highly doubt I'll be getting 3 on release... not in the least because I've got a loftier financial goal right now, and need to make savings here and there.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep, figured as much.

Yeah, the song and the "opening" cutscene were hype, I could appreciate that much.

And at least they don't soft lock the game when played on an adapter through a PAL console this time. (For anyone unaware, if you do that, the scene where the bike pulls into the orphanage misses a timing event and the bike never appears) I think that manages to matter to me more than the ability to play in English at this stage. Mind the English is nice too. It's just... having to keep a save file from the prior owner that was after the event and miss a portion of that chapter bugs me as a completionist. More so because that file didn't do that goddamn mammoth fight in the Pogo chapter or get the best gear in the Feudal Japan chapter. My efforts... gone. Ruined by the timing differences between regions.

Still better than what happens if you try to play NTSC Actraiser 2 on a PAL console though. Unless you like the timing difference causing the sequence where you enter a level to freeze the game. Easy way to brag you did everything you could possibly do in Actraiser 2 though.

So uhhh... Dawn of the First Day. 72 hours remaining. Maybe? Idk. I suppose time zones make this kinda complicated. And it's most certainly not dawn over here.
:..

Anyway, JUST 3 DAYS! WOHO!!!

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep, figured as much.

Oh yeah, had seen you mentioned it, but I had yet to look up the actual singer.

5 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

And at least they don't soft lock the game when played on an adapter through a PAL console this time. (For anyone unaware, if you do that, the scene where the bike pulls into the orphanage misses a timing event and the bike never appears) I think that manages to matter to me more than the ability to play in English at this stage. Mind the English is nice too. It's just... having to keep a save file from the prior owner that was after the event and miss a portion of that chapter bugs me as a completionist. More so because that file didn't do that goddamn mammoth fight in the Pogo chapter or get the best gear in the Feudal Japan chapter. My efforts... gone. Ruined by the timing differences between regions.

I believe you told me as much before, yeah. Shame about that.

5 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Still better than what happens if you try to play NTSC Actraiser 2 on a PAL console though. Unless you like the timing difference causing the sequence where you enter a level to freeze the game. Easy way to brag you did everything you could possibly do in Actraiser 2 though.

Hah!

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

So uhhh... Dawn of the First Day. 72 hours remaining. Maybe? Idk. I suppose time zones make this kinda complicated. And it's most certainly not dawn over here.
:..

Anyway, JUST 3 DAYS! WOHO!!!

It's almost time.

Karajan Saga: Symphony of the Nocturne.

Really wish I knew this song's name, the title kinda hurts

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, had seen you mentioned it, but I had yet to look up the actual singer.

I can't say I knew him. He sung good and the song was hype enough. Not as hype as Megalomania, but that's an unfair comparison.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't say I knew him. He sung good and the song was hype enough. Not as hype as Megalomania, but that's an unfair comparison.

Edited by WraithReborn

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jam Project did a couple of other renditions of Livealive, some I've heard I've heard online, while the singer's a long time OP performer with decades of performing.

The third sentence is completely true.

9 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Jam Project did a couple of other renditions of Livealive, some I've heard I've heard online, while the singer's a long time OP performer with decades of performing.

The third sentence is completely true.

Did you know Live a Live was Shinomura's first collaboration with Square Enix? I can't say Megalomania is where the legend started, seeing how she'd already been involved in a number of games beforehand, but it's probably what began to put her name on the map. Almost thirty years ago, it was, and now it's all gone full circle.

...Holy shit, almost thirty years ago. Hadn't really hit me how ancient this game really is. I still can't believe my luck this gem got the shiny HD2D treatment before heavy-hitters like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6 or... whatever other JRPGs people that aren't me like. I actually got what I wanted this time!

Square Enix and Ubisoft are both better at pleasing me than Nintendo and the creators of a long-time favorite series of mine. What the fuck is going on anymore.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I almost wish Live a Live had longer loading times. Some of these loading screen tips are wonderful. The fact they're worded accordingly to the chapter's tone is great.

Did the final clash with the Wulgaru in SRW30, that brings the Majestic Prince storyline to a conclusion. Not my favorite, neither in plot & characters nor gameplay, but it still had some positive moments, and I mostly liked the unit designs. I got used to the character quirks, but Izuru is kinda dull for a lead protagonist. I think I'll kill Posaydal next.

Beforehand, I had spent half of my 19 million credits because I really shouldn't be hoarding that many funds this late into the game. I spread out my favoritism and got a bunch of units to +15 in their preferred defensive stat, tossed them some HP and EN too, and placed five upgrades to the weapons of all those units. I also spent some of the pilot points I had amassed on EN Save, Break Morale Limit, and Support Attack and Defend, although I still have enough for more than twenty acquisitions of Attacker level 1. I'm not one to go hardcore on favoring just one unit, I'm more egalitarian in this regard. Though I did give Guy one of the two free Attacker copies I had acquired, to make Final GGG even more busted.

I also finished the amusement park world in Kirby. I think I'll come back later to do some of the boss's challenges I didn't complete, I don't feel like doing them now.

---

Maybe I've adjusted my brain to elevated dopamine levels that cannot be sustained, because I feel like I need a distraction. Taking a break from video games to relax the eyes, left to my own thoughts, triggered a bit of a depression in me yesterday. Spent the late hours of last night trying to stay awake and online by looking at random history Wikipedia articles (never a bad time to brush up on late Medieval movements within Christianity that foreshadowed the coming of the Reformation!), something to distract me from a blend of existential anxieties and concern over the direction humanity is headed in. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Holy shit, almost thirty years ago. Hadn't really hit me how ancient this game really is. I still can't believe my luck this gem got the shiny HD2D treatment before heavy-hitters like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6 or... whatever other JRPGs people that aren't me like. I actually got what I wanted this time!

Livealive needed it more imo.

CT and FFVI already had international releases that handles their graphics fine enough (I'd still say I prefer CT to SNES Livealive visually, considering the detailing on the character sprites for example), though VI hasn't had a release that could be considered definitive (in the context of porting content and presentation of the original) as I'd argue CT's DS release has been. But with VI getting the Pixel Remake treatment, CT has the better chance imo and I know people have been talking it up but I don't know where they're getting it from.

Did you know Live a Live was Shinomura's first collaboration with Square Enix? I can't say Megalomania is where the legend started, seeing how she'd already been involved in a number of games beforehand, but it's probably what began to put her name on the map. Almost thirty years ago, it was, and now it's all gone full circle.

It probably is SFII considering how some of those tracks still get remembered.

But what a start right? Gets in her first 5 years soundtrack credit for one of the best known fighting games and the first Breath of Fire in particular, then gets a string of games with Squaresoft starting with Livealive that get remembered afterwards partly for those tunes, before KH becomes career defining.

I almost wish Live a Live had longer loading times. Some of these loading screen tips are wonderful. The fact they're worded accordingly to the chapter's tone is great.

It's mad to think someone is saying this unironically.

Three more days until Gunvolt 3 comes out. The six year wait is nearly over.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit, almost thirty years ago. Hadn't really hit me how ancient this game really is. I still can't believe my luck this gem got the shiny HD2D treatment before heavy-hitters like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6 or... whatever other JRPGs people that aren't me like. I actually got what I wanted this time!

What's funny is that technically, Dragon Quest 3 had it's HD-2D remake treatment announced first but that's next year I believe (right?) so Live A Live wins on account of coming out sooner.

13 Sentinels I randomly noticed is on sale right now. Both in North America and Europe, 35% off. This sounds nice, but I don't think I'll get it, not yet. The Switch is running low on new stuff for me to play, yet I'm inclined to wait.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

three more minutes until Gunvolt 3 comes out. The six year wait is nearly over.

Correcting for your present subjective time flow.😉 Science has proven that time moves at an accelerated rate to one who is in the midst of enjoyment. EXenoponential^3 fun should mean that the voyage down down the river of time is currently sailing at faster-than-light speed.