Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

13 Sentinels I randomly noticed is on sale right now. Both in North America and Europe, 35% off. This sounds nice, but I don't think I'll get it, not yet. The Switch is running low on new stuff for me to play, yet I'm inclined to wait.

Me meanwhile, I got a lot to get through but am not in the place to be playing them.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Fucking phone serenes I swear

Anyway, Rooben don't like grind, and yet Rooben just massacred an entire area's enemy population in search of a thing. Rooben is also sad a certain part of the game was partly censored to make it less horny. The things Live a Live has me saying, I swear...

Livealive needed it more imo.

Oh, definitely. It was by far the clunkiest, the least known and the most interesting of Square's old repertoire. 100% deserved the revival and the attention more than Chrono Trigger just remaining on the spotlight some more.

It's mad to think someone is saying this unironically.

Legit, the tips in the distant future chapter gave me chills.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

What's funny is that technically, Dragon Quest 3 had it's HD-2D remake treatment announced first but that's next year I believe (right?)so Live A Live wins on account of coming out sooner.

Best timeline.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Wew boi

There's a time and place for everything. See, I don't mind LaL's shenanigans because they're confined to Pogo's chapter. If they did hornies with Lei in China or Annie in Wild West, it would go completely against the tone of the chapters and the characters. But because LaL is good as opposed to bad, it keeps the nonsense firmly in the silly slapstick fun story where it belongs.

Too bad about the censorship. The original flash was one of the game's best WTF moments. The implications are still VERY overt, but well, they're just implications now. But then, they improved Zaki's dickzard attack by giving it a funny emoji and made all of Wild West's dialogue god tier, so I guess you lose some, you win some. Not to mention the other myriad improvements.

Tl;dr: I am loving this. This is the best RPG to come out this year.

Goddamnit, I can't find the mammoth.

Meh, I'll do it tomorrow. I'm in no hurry.

21 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

That's a nice enemy formation. Would be a shame if someone used Provoke.

Provoke works on these guys? I thought they all had AIs that didn't let you provoke them unless you were in their movement range. And at that point, you might as well just let them come without provocation.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Provoke works on these guys? I thought they all had AIs that didn't let you provoke them unless you were in their movement range. And at that point, you might as well just let them come without provocation.

The crossbows are stationary. The Gigas are not.
They just have the invisible movement reduction skill. Their displayed move is 3 but it's actually 2.

Just now, BrightBow said:

The crossbows are stationary. The Gigas are not.
They just have the invisible movement reduction skill. Their displayed move is 3 but it's actually 2.

I never did think to provoke those guys. Huh. So many runs and I'm still learning new things. What a game.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Yeah Clifford requires training up Ruby...which is a pain

To be honest, I've done it a number of times and it's kinda fun. Hardest part is getting her shield level up, but her growth, combined with the shield growing shenanigans, makes her gain one and sometimes even two points constantly. You just gotta get her hit on purpose lol.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Just use Derrick. Highest Defense base in the game.

Derrick is too busy soloing the final boss.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hardest part is getting her shield level up, but her growth, combined with the shield growing shenanigans, makes her gain one and sometimes even two points constantly. You just gotta get her hit on purpose lol

yeah i remember us discussing this during our linked ironman...

Speaking about that, we should plan another one sometime (with other games maybe) lol. Although probably not for the next 2 months or so.

There's also still the Fates one we planned for the Thread...but getting that many people together is hard lol

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

yeah i remember us discussing this during our linked ironman...

Speaking about that, we should plan another one sometime (with other games maybe) lol. Although probably not for the next 2 months or so.

Karajan Saga and Garonquest. Go.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

There's also still the Fates one we planned for the Thread...but getting that many people together is hard lol

One day the dream will come true.

Karajan Saga and Garonquest. Go

A few months after i finish VS2 we could do that!

It's gonna be Fates + Kagasaga again! 

You link up the units this time however

Edited by Shrimpy

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

A few months after i finish VS2 we could do that!

It's gonna be Fates + Kagasaga again! 

I get Garonquest and murder everyone again lolololololololol

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

You link up the units this time however

Karajan with Garon.

https://images2.imgbox.com/91/f4/UE8ZcFLH_o.gif

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I get Garonquest and murder everyone again lolololololololol

And then i get us somehow softlocked in VS2.

You many fuck ups, me one giant fuck up xD

https://images2.imgbox.com/91/f4/UE8ZcFLH_o.gif

That gif lmao

Garon is the lord however so he goes with Zade. Maybe Karajan with Iago?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

And then i get us somehow softlocked in VS2.

You many fuck ups, me one giant fuck up xD

You will crit Karajan while trying to capture him lol

That gif lmao

I still have no idea what my thought process for that was.

...Ahh, who am I kidding, it was just "put two things I love together."

Garon is the lord however so he goes with Karajan.

Yes, that's what I said, indeed.

Maybe Zade with Iago?

Perfect fit!

...Nah honestly though, that was my second idea. After memeing him into lord status. But I guess that works well enough. Although Karajan is the protagonist of Karajan Saga, while Iago is my favorite punching bag, they do have magicks in common, I suppose.

Here's hoping Garonquest is completed by then, haha. I was hoping to give it another go... Either when it's complete or next update, depending what is added in it. The creator isn't too active on his server, though, so I gotta be patient.