Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Chapter 13. Thinking about marrying Orochi so that Kana will have the strength and magic to become the perfect Basara.

...Is that a good bet? I still don't fully understand how children work in this game.

She ends up with 28.3% Str and 41.6% Mag growth (add 10% to those and Spd in Basara), just to pass you that info on (And a link to an inheritance planner)

Chapter 13's the one gimmick I actively like that's unique to Rev personally (give me more boxes!)

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Before I forget, today is a very special day... because Never Gonna Give You Up is now 35 years old!

Rick Astley was only 21 when it released, believe it or not, but he's still got it.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Being a Kevin fan is suffering 

Who is that? Don't you mean Onion Graham?

Sky the 3rd's main plot is really just an excuse for the door system, and Kevin was probably chosen as protagonist because his backstory wasn't explored yet, so I can kind of see why Falcom doesn't consider him on par with the other protagonists. Hopefully Falcom will remember to bring him back whenever the church becomes important. Heck, Falcom even remembered that Zin exists, so there's hope yet.

This is why I don't like buying games on bulk at sales. Because now LaL has come out, and Into The Breach Advanced Edition came out, and I've gotten the whim to play Minecraft of all things, and now the remaining three games I got on the summer sale are just gonna sit there for God knows how long. Annoying.

Anyway, back to Pogo. See if I can get through it and get back to the really good stuff. Luckily I've only good stuff left after this story.

I am doing something incredibly stupid and incredibly risky in Conquest...

I am going Dancerless/reclassed Azura

I am 100% sure this will bite me in the ass later, but where's the fun in doing some stuff again?

5 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

What class will she be going for?

Pegasi to probably Kinshi. Her high Str and speed will be good for a flying Archer...

Falco i will go if i need more staffers

Well, it was a good attempt.

Tomorrow I will finally get out of the prehistory so I can move to chapters I like. Like Japan and the ones that make Live a Luve truly great and memorable.

FINALLY! SRW30 is done!🎉 Took me 175 missions, including DLC and the Relic battles, but oddly not any of the simulator fights, which would've put things closer to 200. Play time was 159.3 hours.

Final battles went smoothly. I'm surprised twenty enemies with 30k HP, Double Action, Potential Lvl 7 and SP Down on their strongest attack didn't take more than two turns to clear out. But, since everyone could start battles with like 200 SP, a 50-60 cast of Valor/Soul/Bravery/Love meant I could skip the Potential nuisance and OHKO the baddies. The final boss mech was disappointing boring visually, and its final attack was a poorly animated knockoff of the Zweizergain's, and two phases with the final boss looking no different between the phases? Boo. Still managed to kill it one turn both times. The writing entertained enough including the ending, I appreciated the lead of every series getting a final boss conversation for both phases, including the free and paid DLC characters. Gave the final blow to Mitsuba.

I see there is a postgame, unusual for SRW, but I'm not gonna touch it. I need a looooong break from SRW unless 3rd OG suddenly drops. I kinda regret missing one of the secret characters and not getting the Expansion Pack, since I'm not readily going to do another playthrough of this game because of how long it is.

And indeed, that length weighs down on SRW30. Thankfully, I'm told Banpresto doesn't intend to keep 30's format going for the immediate future of SRW, this was a one-off. I can excuse most complaints longtime franchise players have of animation quality b/c I don't know any better other than OGs. But this game's duration is brutal. Technically there are a lot of battles that are "optional", however why would you skip on chances for more credits, PP, MXP, and possibly units, mechs, attacks, parts, supporters, and story? On a first playthrough, you probably wouldn't, if I'm a measure to go by. The absence of map design (OGs had a greater semblance most of the time) and overall ease of the game are issues, but I don't mind them too much personally. I'm not a hardcore strategy junkie, I do appreciate organized challenge from time to time, yet I retain room for appreciating the mindless. I don't get too bored of flashy animations and nice battle music.

Overall, I enjoyed my first taste of mainline SRW.😃 I admit to skipping most of the story when the game began, but my cold outer shell melted down and I took in the full load of licensed anime plots as things progressed. I'm not very likely to watch any of the anime themselves, but sure, throw them at me in video games! Although individual franchises and characters varied in quality and likability, overall I was quite satisfied with the writing. The amount of text, which makes Fire Emblem look like a rhyming couplet, is enormous, particularly in so damn long an SRW, yet it kept me going.

Will emulate -and hopefully buy- more SRW in the future for sure. Just, not tomorrow.

18 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

No, I just came back to it. Chapter 13, here we go.

Most SRWs are between 35-60 battles per playthrough. You're maybe one-third or one-quarter of the way in.

I had also completely forgotten the scene with Gori and the female gorilas, which is just... I almost propelled the thread into Flame War Over Fanservice #4762 defending this. Jesus fuck, what was I thinking.

Yeah you know what? I take it all back. This chapter is amusing at times. It is also rancid and shallow and my least favorite in this revisit. I don't like the gameplay and the super boss is cancer. I wish I could go back to Akira. At least Akira had Tobei's wonderful voice acting and Matsu. This just has me struggling to come up with something I like about it.

...well, it does have Dickzard man. Dickzard man is fun. I wish there was more Dickzard man and less fartbag chimp.

Hopefully tomorrow I will make it to Oboro and I can start gushing endlessly about this game again. I didn't remember this chapter being so unenjoyable for me.

00 bros...

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Come now. We both know that can be made to work. It just depends how much you like generics and Garon over the generic waifus the game otherwise throws at you.

And do you think Shrimpy prefers the generics?

11 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

What was the first again?

Tio. It was always Tio.

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Randy already swept the character bracket, he doesn't need to sweep anything else.

Randy deserves the world.

For the sake of getting a solid answer, which did you do first?

I am usually a Lawchad, but I did Ouroboros (Chaos) first because Chaos!Grendel is busted. It was kinda disappointing, because Walter, Lucrezia and Kiryu the Oathbreaker aren't playable. The bracers were also disappointing, because if you're allied with them you can't kill the villains. At least Fie, Zin and Elaine are playable. Heiyue (Gray) is... passable, if you're a Rixia simp.

Or alternatively, which did you like most?

Ikaruga. To unlock it you need to keep your Law and Chaos levels balanced. Shizuna is fun as hell to play in action mode and the route offers the greatest amount of lore alongside Ouroboros'. These two were the best.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

BKbnQRi.png

Wyvernlise good

Oh, are you playing Conquest again? Have you already decided some reclasses and pairings?

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh well @Benice looks like I can just get a Yakuza game for free now.

Great, in the month my subscription ends.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sky the 3rd's main plot is really just an excuse for the door system, and Kevin was probably chosen as protagonist because his backstory wasn't explored yet, so I can kind of see why Falcom doesn't consider him on par with the other protagonists. Hopefully Falcom will remember to bring him back whenever the church becomes important. Heck, Falcom even remembered that Zin exists, so there's hope yet.

A real shame, because he was the best protagonist before C dethroned him. And now Van dethroned them both.

9 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Tio. It was always Tio.

Unbenannt.PNG

Inb4 Tio makes me return to Trails

Oh, are you playing Conquest again?

Just to pass some time, dunno if i will finish the run honeslty, especially with Xenoblade 3 and Kaga Saga 2 coming out in the next couple days

Have you already decided some reclasses and pairings?

Corn x Anna

Wyvern Elise, might let her S Odin to get Sorcerer so she can learn Heartseeker and Bowbreaker for extra pew pew

Pegasi Azura

Dread Fighter Camilla (completely bonkers so far. Makes her Wyvern self look weak)

Try to make use of Niles and/or Charlotte for once. Niles has been a disappointment, as usual, but i am trying

Wanted to get early Percy but damn is his paralogue early on hell-ish

Kaze x Felicia so Felicia can learn Shurikenfaire -maybe-

If i can get Charolotte to work, S with Leo so she can get Heartseeker to fix her Hit problems

Maybe use Flora in some way? Dunno

Edited by Shrimpy

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Heiyue (Gray) is... passable, if you're a Rixia simp.

You mean you aren't?

I think that kind of counts as "too much detail" but I appreciate your insight. I'd probably spoiler tag some of it, but I haven't played the game so you can do what you want.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had also completely forgotten the scene with Gori and the female gorilas, which is just... I almost propelled the thread into Flame War Over Fanservice #4762 defending this. Jesus fuck, what was I thinking.

Yeah you know what? I take it all back. This chapter is amusing at times. It is also rancid and shallow and my least favorite in this revisit. I don't like the gameplay and the super boss is cancer. I wish I could go back to Akira. At least Akira had Tobei's wonderful voice acting and Matsu. This just has me struggling to come up with something I like about it.

LIVE A ƎVI⅃ sure sounds like an "interesting" game (it is a mid-1990s SNES RPG, so I shouldn't be too surprised). But everyone has favorite games with "interesting" scenes, and it's fine to acknowledge things you don't like about games you do like. Maybe I can look into the demo, if I'm in the mood one day.

Edited by Lightchao42

SLASHING MORE THAN PRICES!

7 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Luck 👏 is 👏 the 👏 best 👏 stat 👏

Anna best confirmed?

Money on killings, free tonics as watch all but guaranteed!

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

SLASHING MORE THAN PRICES!

Anna best confirmed?

Money on killings, free tonics as watch all but guaranteed!

Fair is fair, using her in Birthright when I didn't have the royals she did put some real work in.

She ended up a mechanist with pretty good mixed combat because she has magic stats for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

She ended up a mechanist with pretty good mixed combat because she has magic stats for some reason.

7DEurEB.png

And that's before factoring in Class growths.

Yeah she's more magically inclined. Either you go shining Bow or give her a magic class through S Corn/Witch Seal

kj1i6yi.png

My current Anna

Edited by Shrimpy

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

kj1i6yi.png

My current Anna

Let me guess, Corrin with Pegasus talent?

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Yeah she's more magically inclined. Either you go shining Bow or give her a magic class through S Corn/Witch Seal

Or see me having good enough Str to use both.